A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abbeville

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lower st

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 13:59

I see the Oaks kid is running from Harper again? some will do anything for a metal MAN UP! there no metal for running in wrestling!!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 14:05

you mean medal? metal is what they are made out of.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 14:12

No offense meant to anybody, But how in F@#$ is Oaks taking the easy way to a medal?

130 is by far, the toughest weight this season as 119 was last year.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 14:14

upperstate doesn't keep up with lowerstate, they don't realize that by "running" from Ian he runs right into Derek and Rashad......poor poor souls
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 14:30

Yep.
Plenty of info out on Harper. Not so much the other two. Cunningham is a difficult puzzle. You really have to have things going right-including refs, to beat him.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 14:49

ha i hear ya. That was a good match though. enjoyed it thoroughly. some sketchy calls both ways. cunningham=biggest 130 I have every seen. Geiges = most technical 130 I've seen all year.
Back to top Go down
fan 2a

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: adam   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 14:59

If adam was running, he would of went 140...... really, .... . Harper should of went 145 if he wanted someone to wrestler. Quit picking on light weights... I heard Dallas slams you everyday.... Really.....
Back to top Go down
Double l

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 17:07

Props to lex for backing up oaks. Any of the three kids could win it that day. Gonna be very interesting
Back to top Go down

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 17:39

Coach Slaughter,

Really disappointed in your comment above. A Coach calling a kid out for "running" on a message board when I am betting you really have no clue of the situation? Every previous post you've made leaves me to think you are a level-headed, knowledgeable guy. Your comment above makes me question that conclusion.

I just have to ask coach... have you done body fat and and hydration tests on Oaks? You claim he is "running." How do you know this Coach Slaughter? How do you know Oaks is not completely aware that 130 is a tough weight, yet is going there because that is his optimum wrestling weight?

How would you like it if another coach got on here and singled out one of your kids for running, when in fact he has no clue what he is talking about? I am not affiliated with any of these kids, but I think I'll be pulling for Oaks now...and expecting to see you apologize if he wins....
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 17:49

I don't think Cody was stating he was running, hence with quotations around the word "running." What I can appreciate about Cody is that he speaks his mind and doesn't hide behind a made-up screen name like 90% of everyone on here. I believe Oaks said it from the beginning of the preseason that he was going 130, even during the time frame after Ian wrestled 130 at Super32 and the beginning of the season...so unless you were a friend of the program it would be easy to assume Ian would be at 130....that's not dodging...that's picking a weight class and sticking to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
guest1

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 18:32

LSO, I'm sure many remain anonymous out of necessity. Most every state funded organization (public agencies - school districts included) have a strict policy against posting opinions on message boards, sending in editorials to newspapers (as a rep of the organization), etc. Most coaches have a policy against wrestlers posting on message boards. I'm sure most coaches prefer parents and family respect that by choosing to remain anonymous when posting. I believe these reasons, and not necessarily cowardice, are probably a big reason for your 90%?
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeThu 25 Feb - 18:53

I imagine a sample of the 90% falls into that category, but you would be suprised if you could see how many people change their names on here. Everyone has the option to create a screen name without providing a real name. I once made this mandantory to post but it was completely dead. Just pick an alisas and stick to it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
a

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb - 0:12

yall get off oak`s sack you jus a hater...gagus is to lil and cuntingham dont stand a chance so yall will be apoligizing when he runs through lower state
Back to top Go down
matman

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: CJS   Abbeville Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb - 0:43

Man I get so tired of you getting an attitude with everyone on this board. I hope your kids are not as "cocky"as you!! Do yourself and all of us that enjoy this board and check your attitude before someone checks it for you.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb - 1:22

I can promise you I was not saying that Adam was running from anyone. The kid is a heck of a wrestler. If what I said sounded that way I am sorry. I was actually giving him credit for going to what I believe may be a tougher weight class. I think most of the people on here that bash Adam for "running" from Ian don't realize that to go one weight class down is even tougher. Again, I'm sorry, I was not calling him out, rather giving him props.
Back to top Go down
slammin

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb - 1:36

hey guest..why not re-read the first post provided by lower st, and then read what cjs wrote. i don't see where he said anything negatory at all
Back to top Go down
former c

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb - 1:39

I looked back up through the posts and have a hard time seeing how anyone of slightly below intelligence or higher could misread what Coach Slaughter said as calling Oaks out. In fact, he is actually building him up if you are smart enough to read into the posts.
Back to top Go down
PANCAKE

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-21

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb - 1:50

"BY FAR" ? How can you say that 130 is the toughest by far. 189,171,160 are full of tough wrestlers, and yes Oaks ,Geiges and Cunningham are tough But by Far! But I guess that Pat Stanley is not better than Geiges either.And yes Oaks will win state.
Back to top Go down
matslap3

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb - 2:10

I have been just a lil quite on here as of late, not a norm for me...but all have the right to comment as they do...no offense taken here, actually just been enjoying all of the flavor. But I sincerely hope everyone wrestles their best, stays healthy and all matches are entertaining. Safe travel to all and to all a good nite, til Saturday night.
Back to top Go down
guest1

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitimeFri 26 Feb - 12:41

"anyone of slightly below intelligence or higher"

Yea Buddy, Former C you're a regular braniac with a phrase like that...

Let's examine -- His comment was to a guy with the name "lower st," meaning conventional wisdom would say he is from THE LOWERSTATE. Here is what was said in response to a poster from THE LOWER STATE:

"upperstate doesn't keep up with lowerstate, they don't realize that by "running" from Ian he runs right into Derek and Rashad......poor poor souls"

No one from the upper state ever contended he was running in the first place! The contention was made by someone from the lowerstate. The only way to read it as not a slap at Oaks is to assume he did not pay attention to the original poster's alias, or he was making a general statement and not responding to the original poster.

All of that said, I am happy to accept CJS word because he really always comes off as a level-headed, "above intelligence" (Laughing that's for you Braniac) great guy on here. I apologize for misinterpreting your post CJS.

And Former C...load up your choice of intellect testing gear (chess, checkers, SAT practice test, trivial pursuit, etc.) and I'll be glad to take your money this weekend, because my "above intelligence" will TECH your "below intelligence" any day.

Peace out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Abbeville Empty
PostSubject: Re: Abbeville   Abbeville Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbeville
Page 1 of 1