A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abbeville/Broome match

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
djmrem28

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-27

Abbeville/Broome  match Empty
PostSubject: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 19:08

Would anyone know time MATCH starts tomorrow ! and will anyone be keeping any live posting after each match on any chat !
Looking for update from Ohio . Thanks
Back to top Go down
matslap

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 19:24

Match starts at 6:30pm, Ohio I have ur number I will try and call you in a bit.
Back to top Go down
djmrem28

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 19:26

gr 8
Back to top Go down
jfk

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 20:04

any depressing predictions from abbeville?
Back to top Go down
centurio

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 20:31

i see a 38-31 victory by my boys from broome
lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Broome~Abbeville   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 21:30

Abbeville is loaded with Seniors! Most have won 20+matches. Broome starts 9 freshman and sophomores and only has 2 seniors on the entire squad. It will be very difficult for the Centurions to come out on top. They will have to win some matches that they are not supposed to win.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeFri 6 Feb - 21:40

they did it to us last year when we were loaded with seniors. don't get cocky, I think Abbeville will win though and learn from our mistakes
Back to top Go down
Movin on

PostSubject: @ Cheraw 2-7-09   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 0:02

Cheraw 60, Pelion 9
Back to top Go down
jfk

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 10:38

Broome-38
A'ville-21
Back to top Go down
tightwaist4

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: idk guys   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 14:25

i really dont know guys it is going to be a lot closer than that! Broome is going to have to wrestle their best match and hop things go their way just like last year vs 96! im hoping for another showdown just like that match... anything less will be a disappointment!
Back to top Go down
matslap

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 16:25

Abbeville should win this one, unless it snows a foot today. Broome does have some good young wrestlers but I dont think they have the horses to run with Abbeville this year. Panthers should win by at least 20 or more. Have seen both teams and Abbeville is the better team top to bottom will find out though in a few hours.
Back to top Go down
fan 2

PostSubject: any results yet   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 23:14

does anyone know who won this match?
Back to top Go down
centurio

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 23:38

we lost 50 to 16. it could have been better if the ref didn't cheat us.
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 23:57

Wow, if the ref didn't cheat us????!!?? I doubt a ref could cost you a solid 34 points.
Back to top Go down
matslap

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 0:30

Sorry that I wasnt more accurate on the final score, missed it by 14 pts. The boyz from Abbeville wrestled with a mission. It was great that Crescent beat Woodruff for Crescent, but that really got the boyz focused cause they knew bout anything was possible. Broome will be really tough the next couple of years they have some good young talent. Gilbert comes to Abbeville on Monday Night should be a good match, the panthers will have to turn it up another notch to get the win.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 0:53

ceturio in what way did the ref "cheat" you? I can understand maybe saying that if some questionable pins were called or obvious ones werent called. but if it was ticky tack stuff like being called for a lot of stalling or something like that then you definitely shouldnt have said anything.

Either way you should show more class and respect for your opponents.
Back to top Go down
ram

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 2:30

NSwrestler,
watched your guys today at indianland. they look to be building a solid team at 96
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Abbeville   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 2:33

It would have taken a ref that would cheat like crazy for us to have beaten Abbeville tonight. He was just very young, (a kid from 96), and did not know the rules very well. Each time Broome sent out a Freshman or Sophomore, A town sent out a very strong Senior! They must have 11-12 in thier starting line up. Give the Centurions a year of weights and off season wrestling and they will be stronger than ever. This is the best young group Coach Carruth has had in his 10 years at Broome (they only have 1 senior starter) and they will have thier day, just like the Panthers did tonight. Best of luck to Abbeville, they wrestled hard and with class!
Back to top Go down
justafan

PostSubject: to 96 wrester   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 2:37

Class, you can talk about class! Are'nt you the wrestler that shot J.T. Fessenden (From Broome) the finger after he beat you 2 times straight, including the Upper State Championship? Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house!
Back to top Go down
djmrem28

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 8:14

Congrats to Abbeville ! Thanks to the person who posted that Abbeville wrestled hard and with class, Glad to heard with "class". The Abbeville fans in OHIO would like to know the team break-down for this match if anyone would have time to post. Wonder if we could push the radio station to broadcast wrestling like they do football so we could listen LIVE !
I know dreaming ! cheers
Back to top Go down
Broome C

PostSubject: Abbeville`Broome   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 10:45

from Memory:
215 Glace MD Williams
HW Fair Broome Dec. Parnell
103 Champion Broome Dec. Lewis
112 Moss Broome, Dec. Simmons
119 Wolfe Broome, OT Dec ??? (ref did not allow Wolfe to pin, even when he took Abb straight to his back on takedown in OT! Just young and inexperienced, I guess.
125 Caulkins A, MD Lee
130 Humphries? A, pin Crain
135 Tillman A, pin Carruth
140 Cowan A, dec Lauzon (great match, Cowan got 4 pinalty points from false starts! and won 8-4) cannot wait to see the rematch at upper state!
145 A. Tillman pin Arthur
152 Patterson A, pin Griffen
160 Wild match! ??pinned J. Woodard (both had each other on back numerous times.
171 bumped A. Woodard up to 171 and he lost to Power in a good one. Dec.
189 Saunders A, pinned Leonard

Too many strong seniors in that lineup and too well coached for the young Centurions last night! Congrats to Abbeville and good luck the rest of the way! Coach Carruth
Back to top Go down
djmrem28

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 10:52

thank u so much for update !
Back to top Go down
jfk

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 15:37

INDIVIDUAL RESULTS

103 -- Taylor Champion (B) m.d. Conner Lewis (A) 10-1

112 -- Houston Moss (B) pinned Keenan Simmons (A)

119 -- Josh Wolfe (B) s.v.o. Drayton Epps (A) 2-2

125 -- Josh Calkins (A) m.d. Lance Lee (B) 12-2

130 -- Adam Oaks (A) pinned Dillon Crane (B)

135 -- Andrew Tillman (A) pinned Garrison Carruth (B)

140 -- Josh Cowan (A) d. Zack Lauzon (B) 8-4

145 -- Antonio Tillman (A) pinned Cody Author (B)

152 -- Jonathan Patterson (A) pinned Brandon Griffin (B)

160 -- Avahryus Sherard (A) pinned Jeremy Woodard (B)

171 -- James Power (A) d. A.J. Woodard (B) 5-1

189 -- Beau Sanders (A) pinned Cody Leonard (B)

215 -- Bryan Glace (A) m.d. Tripp Williams (B) 10-0

285 -- Brian Fair (B) d. Joey Parnell (A) 12-6
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 19:15

Justafan no, that wasnt me, I havent been a 171 since I was in middle school. maybe you should have asked who I was before you started making baseless assumptions and accusations
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 19:18

I wonder who the ref was, the only ref I know from 96 has been reffing for 4 years and usually does a great job
Back to top Go down
no class

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeMon 9 Feb - 3:01

All I have to say to the next people that have to wrestle Abbeville is check your chairs before you sit down mat side... There was spit hocked on almost every one of the chairs on the Broome side. The Broome coaches saw it and wiped them down before the wrestlers sat down though.
Back to top Go down
ahs

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeMon 9 Feb - 8:56

i really do not appreciate that comment. i know for a fact there was nothing in the chairs. maybe instead of worrying about what your chair looked like you shoulda took advantage of the time we allowed you to warm up a little better. oh yeah, btw, your coach arguing every single call in the match only takes you so far
Back to top Go down
fanfare

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeMon 9 Feb - 8:57

the way i look at it region II was just a bit overrated and making up stories about spit in the chairs is a bit childish !! No offense to crescent but face it they really only go 7-8 strong so woodruff just got exposed !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: spit   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitimeMon 9 Feb - 10:39

THe Abbeville Coach was informed about the spit in the chairs long before the match. He saw the problem. Basketball had warmed up in the gym and others were around. No one is accusing the wreslters of doing such a low class thing. As a matter of fact, I thought the teams were very respectful of each other. I know the coaches were. I also saw the "Broome Coach" that argued every call, help the Abbeville 112 that was injured. Young ref`bad calls`he will get some schooling from Carruth, you can only hope it helps him. For instance, in the 119 match the ref blew the match dead on the takedown, but the Abbeville kid was on his back and had given up! The ref did not allow the pin! How studpid is that! He had a right to argue some of the blatently bad calls. And he should, just like any Coach worth his spit! (no pun intended)
But back to the matter of spit. There will be none when Abbeville visits Broome at the Upper State, period.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville/Broome match   Abbeville/Broome  match Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbeville/Broome match
Page 1 of 1