A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

College Signings??? Who is going on?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

College Signings??? Who is going on? Empty
PostSubject: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 11:05

I know it is still pre-Fargo, but most people have already signed or at least verballed to what schools they will wrestle for. I pulled the SC signee's from Intermat, and this is all that came up from SC:

10-13-09 Oklahoma Derek Geiges Bishop England SC 133 Signed
11-30-09 Citadel Eli Ashby Summerville SC 133 Signed
03-23-10 Anderson Ian Harper Chesterfield SC 133 Verbal
04-01-10 Anderson Jaden Humphries Pendleton SC 125/133 Verbal

Is there anyone else?
How about walk ons?

I think it is interesting that three of the four signee's are from 1a/2a. Props to Anderson for recruiting within our state.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 12:41

Didn't Bugarin(Fort D) sign with Newberry?

I am pretty sure Borja will be signing pretty soon.

I have heard conflicting reports where Young was signing. He was drawing alot interest by many colleges every time he stepped on the mat at HS Nationals. Heard claims Newberry and Citadel was signing him.....not sure where he will go?

Geno Porter....Citadel....Football

Wright and Irby (Greer) to Limestone???? Duane (Hilton Head) to Citadel???

Heard McClain(Woodmont) may be walking on at The Citadel?

What about Winkler, Honneycutt, Williams(DF), Lawson(Union)?

Dang....Mr Rankin told me where he was probably heading.....but I forgot??
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 13:37

Patrick Mestrez of Berkeley to Belmont Abbey.

I heard something before about Winkler trying things out at Iowa somewhere. I may be wrong.

Ben Willard (formerly of SC and Swansea) signed with the Citadel.
Back to top Go down
Guest1

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 16:12

I heard honeycutt may end up at Newberry, winkler may go to a jr college in iowa, and rankin is really close to signing. Most D1 kids likely have signed but I thought D2 and naia go well through May and even into June with signing kids. Is that not the case Lex?
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeTue 4 May - 23:19

I don't have a lot of experience with the D-2 procedures.

Not sure about deadlines for any.
Back to top Go down
martin

PostSubject: abbeville   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 9:29

Antonio Tillman
Jarrett Humphries
Adam Oaks are all going to SMC together...

Good luck!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeWed 5 May - 11:33

Guys can commit early (Logan Stieber committed to tOSU in June of 08' for the 2010 season), but but the early signing period is in the fall. Some guys hold out to see who offers what. Others wait to hopefully improve or have a good showing at one of the Big five events. Most signees go somewhere between Fargo their Junior year and the middle of their senior year. Some kids know who they want to sign with right away and want to get it over with after their official recruiting trip. Others want to take in as many trips as possible.

That's why there is more emphasis put on Fargo and NHSCA Junior nationals than the senior event. Most of the top seniors are signed and take some time off.
Back to top Go down
DRANK

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeThu 13 May - 17:43

Andrew Rankin will join Harper and Humphries at Anderson University. He signed with Anderson today.

Best of luck to all SC prospects moving on to wrestle in college.
Back to top Go down
outta he

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeTue 18 May - 14:01

Humphries signed last week to AU...
Back to top Go down
2afan

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeWed 19 May - 9:13

heard jeremy phillips is signing with smc friday.
Back to top Go down
Loris Li

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May - 10:08

LaQuandian Bromell of Loris will be going to The Citadel
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May - 16:07

Is Brom going to wrestle at the Citadel or is he "attending" there? If he is, I would like to know so I can can see him in their early season open tournament. A lot of our 2a guys that are wrestling for the in state schools should be there as well.
Back to top Go down
Guest1

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeThu 20 May - 23:39

What college weight class will the guys mentioned project?
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May - 5:57

Of the two I work with:
Geiges is projected at 133 at Oklahoma.

Mestrez will be 125 at Belmont Abbey.
Back to top Go down
Loris Li

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May - 10:21

Bromell will be wrestling at The Citadel
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May - 11:25

awesome to hear Brommell will be joining the Long Grey Line! I hope he can make 125 or at least 133. With his athleticism he can really benefit from the advanced level technique he will get in college....not to mention one of the best valued education in nation and an amazing network of alumni.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeFri 21 May - 14:03

Looking at him this year, I don't think he would be 125.
Most schools expect some growth.
Back to top Go down
bryan gl

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeSun 23 May - 10:49

congrats to everyone who signed to wrestle in college. good luck to the abbeville guys going to smc. i speak for everyone at au when i say we are excited about our recruits we got from sc. harper, humpheries, and rankin.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeMon 24 May - 8:35

Updated Sc guys that committed to wrestle from Intermatwrestle.com:

10-13-09 Oklahoma Derek Geiges Bishop England SC 133 Signed
11-30-09 Citadel Eli Ashby Summerville SC 133 Signed
03-23-10 Anderson Ian Harper Chesterfield SC 133 Verbal
04-01-10 Anderson Jaden Humphries Pendleton SC 125/133 Verbal
05-18-10 Ashland Brandon Kelly Newberry SC 174 Transfer
05-17-10 Anderson Andrew Rankin Walhalla SC 125 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Keyshon Flores Fort Dorchester SC 197 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Dallas Phillips Newberry SC 149 Transfer
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Robert Davis Greer SC 197 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Adam Oaks Abbeville SC 125/133 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Antonia Tillman Abbeville SC 149 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Jered Humphries Abbeville SC 141/149 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Jeremy Phillips Woodruff SC 133 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Marcus Ollette Chesnee SC 285 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Antonio Davis Travlers Rest SC 285 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Stephen Price Travlers Rest SC 165 Signed
05-20-10 Spartanburg Methodist Trey Leonard Columbia SC 174 Signed
Back to top Go down
dfAEF

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct - 13:02

PHILLIPS IS NOT AT SMC
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct - 14:26

Hey Lex.....heard from Geiges? How is he doing? Whats his plans...goals this year? Quite a few good 33 pounders there......as expected.....if he is not in lineup I am assuming he will be looking for open tournaments?

Keep us up to date please.....we will be rooting for him!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct - 16:56

I talk to Derek a couple of times a week. He is doing really well. He started in the summer along with all of the other recruits. He has been training diligently. He loves the college atmosphere and the training. He has an open at Lindenwood on Oct 30th. Then they have wrestleoffs on Nov 4th. Depending on how wrestleoffs go, he will either be redshirting or thrown to the wolves. He will probably redshirt to start the season, but Sammie does pull people out of redshirt if they become the best in their weights. Last year he pulled Jarrod Patterson (125 ended up winning Big XII's), Kendric Maple at 133 (He qualified for NCAA's), and Tyler Caldwell (157-AA 5th). So you never know. I think we all know that he has a high ceiling as far as potential. That was why Sammie recruited him(Though Derek expects to start and be a National Champ this year...). He will likely redshirt though.

They do have great guys all around him. For him, that's a good thing. He is a sponge and one area he will never be beat at is effort. As far as 133 goes, he packed on a good bit of muscle and is lean at 144 now. So he will be doing some cutting. Coaching-wise around him he has Sam Henson, Michael Lightner, Sam Hazewinkle, and Will Rowe that he works with. At 133 in no particular order is Jordan Keller, Ian Fischer, Dustin Reed, and Alex Ekstrom. His chief competition is Jordan Keller. At 125 they have Jarrod Patterson. Derek said he is legit. At 141 is Zack Bailey. He is pre-season ranked #1 in a few rankings. He has great training partners and essentially a new family out there. Enjoys the Sooner games. Sooner girls. The alumni come in and watch practice before the games. They really have a great support system there. He feels he definitely made the right choice signing there.

In a nutshell, Deisel is loving it! I'll tell him you asked.

BTW, he credits everything to his out of season wrestling. I can't emphasize that enough to all the kids out there.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeWed 13 Oct - 17:07

Great News! Keep us updated! Tell him Good Luck a whole lot of people are pulling for him!
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct - 6:24

D won his first wrestleoff yesterday.
His next one is supposed to be against Jordan Keller today. Derek might not be cleared because of a staff infection he has been fighting and having trouble with the meds. He's not real happy...

Keep your fingers crossed that that crap clears out of his system. Said he wants to represent the SC and everyone he competed with the last couple of years.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct - 8:07

WOW! Impressive! Hope it clears up and wins the next one. Can you imagine starting for OU as a true freshman??? HOLY CRAP!!!!

Thanks for the update! Keep em coming.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeFri 29 Oct - 7:01

His staff has not cleared up. They gave him until next Monday for his next wrestleoff (Jordan Keller). He will be wrestling in the Lindenwood Open this weekend (assuming he is cleared). He will be wrestling in the Red/White Classic at Central Oklahoma on Nov 3rd. Busy week starting Saturday. Worst case scenario is he redshirts. He is being stubborn about that though.

I heard Belmont Abbey had an SC wrestleoff finale at 133. Will James of Wando beat Trey Alley of Chesterfield in 2 out of 3 matches. Congrats to both those guys. Will has come into the Pit Bull practices from time to time. Great kid. Always very affable and helpful to the younger guys. I'm looking forward to following Belmont Abbey's guys with James, Mestrez, and Alley.

Pulling for Bromell to crack the lineup at the Citadel too.
Back to top Go down
fin Guru

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeSat 30 Oct - 23:48

Limestone has their wrestle offs next week, The two cotenders at 125 are Rholetter from West Oak and Brandon Feix from Ft Mill. At 141 is Michael Hellman from Greenwood and John Hensly from Newland NC. At 184 Nick Shappe from Blufton and Andrew LLoyd from Lusby Md. Limestone could have 3 starters from SC.
Back to top Go down
oneaye

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeSun 31 Oct - 23:26

fin guru: Is J.Parker still 141 at Limestone?
Back to top Go down
fin guru

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeMon 1 Nov - 15:53

Parker decided not to wrestle this year. He is married and I think expecting but not sure. That left 141 wide open with Michael and Shaun White from Columbia the front contenders but Shaun decided at the last moment that he wants to play football at Coastal. That leaves Michael and a John Hensly from NC as the main contenders. There are 6 wrestlers in the wrestle off this week for 141. A note to those that want to wrestle in college is what I told My son Michael last year was that if you work hard keep your "nose" clean and good grades and be ready for the opportunity when it comes things will work out. That is what has happened for Michael and the starting position at 141 is for his to lose now. I think he is in the drivers seat right now. He is weighing 144, not having to cut weight, alot stronger than last year and heck of lot more energy and very lean body fat wise. Again it is his to lose. We will find out on friday.
Back to top Go down
fin guru

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Nov - 23:38

Brandon Feix and Michael Hellman won their wrestloffs today for Limestone.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov - 6:17

Are any Limestone guys going to the Citadel Open?
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Nov - 10:42

Congrats to Feix and Hellman......if they are wrestling in Chuck town tomorrow I will see them down there!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: College Signings??? Who is going on?   College Signings??? Who is going on? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

College Signings??? Who is going on?
Page 1 of 1