A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Empty
PostSubject: March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar - 9:50

For those of you not going to Flonationals or the NHSCA grade Nationals, take the opportunity to come down to Charleston (Hanahan actually) and wrestle Freestyle and greco. We have confirmation from a lot of clubs already, but we would like to see more of the 1a/2a guys venture out of their comfort zone and give freestyle a go. It would be great to have some of the upstate teams that the lowerstate folks rarely get to see. It should be a great weekend in Charleston with the bridge run and all the festivities associated with it. Come on down!

March 27th. 2010
The Dog Bowl at Hanahan High School (USA Wrestling)

6015 Murray Ave
Hanahan, SC 29410

Styles: Freestyle/Greco
Costs: $10/style or $15 for both styles
Weigh-ins: 8-9:00 am
Wrestling Begins at 10:00 am
Divisions: Kids divisions, schoolboy, Cadets, Juniors, Open, etc.
Concessions will be available
Tournament shirts will be available for purchase
Spectators : $3

Questions~ Call Brent Ingram 843 425-6327 or Jaime Lewis 843 224-5658

USA Wrestling cards are required for this event. Cards are available online at www.themat.com or may be purchased at the event for $30.

3 Mats will be used for this tournament.
Exhibition matches WILL be allowed.
Back to top Go down
new guy

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitimeMon 22 Mar - 21:41

should be good for everyone..its good to get facts from the source..i get table 1 (next to the snack bar) keep up the intensity pit bul..
ps.. who the hell is metcalf?
Back to top Go down
Dre

PostSubject: Re: March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitimeTue 23 Mar - 21:41

I'm coming down.
Is there a limit on how many matches I can get if I do both styles? I want a lot of matches.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitimeWed 24 Mar - 9:32

There is no set limit on how many matches you can have.
Once you finish your pool/bracket, you can still request exhibition matches.
Last weekend Wolfe had at least 8 matches. I think Miskelly from Fort Mill had 10+.
Everyone was still done by 3:30-4:00.
Back to top Go down
Observie

PostSubject: how man   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar - 12:35

How many people were at the tournament?
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar - 14:13

Definitely smaller than what turned out at Fort Mill. Unfortunately this was the weekend the Hanahan tournament fell. WE had several factors:
-NHSCA grade nationals
-Flonationals
-The Cooper River Bridge Run
-Flowertown festival.

IT will be on a different weekend next season.
That being said, we had three mats going continuously, I was able to keep the refs going without a break for the most part, offered exhibition matches to those that wanted them, and were done by 2:30'ish. Most of our guys with Pitbull got 6 or more matches.
Back to top Go down
Dre

PostSubject: Re: March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitimeMon 29 Mar - 15:49

Flowertown?
I went there and I got 6 matches. There were not a ton of people, butthere were plenty of matches for me. I had fun. It was funny seeing Lex yell at the refs whenever they stepped off the mats to talk or take a break to get back over there and ref. The hanahan guys made sure the tables were always covered with workers too. It was also cool that they brought out those throwing mats so we could practice throws before the start.
6 matches and I was done by 2. Noy bad.

I will go back next year if they have it.
Back to top Go down
GWDdad

Number of posts : 23
Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar - 1:08

Are mostly HS wrestlers coming to SCUSAW tournaments or is there a mix of ES and MS kids too? I think all of these tournaments are about 2 hours away from me and I'd like to know the chance my son might have someone to wrestle before wasting a tank of gas on the drive.
Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitimeWed 31 Mar - 7:35

There was a mix.
Hanahan was thicker on the high school kids, but that may have had a lot to do with the home club which is a high school club for the most part.

The Fort Mill tournament was spread out amongst age groups. I follow the high school because that is who I coach. There have been enough high school kids at the events for my kids to get 5+ matches. The highest was 10 at Fort Mill. The turnouts have been better this year. The event at Hanahan had too many alternate events going on.

I think a lot of the upstate wrestlers are the same way. They simply don't travel to freestyle/greco events unless they have to. I know we have not really seen many of those kids yet. Last year we didn't see many upstateuntil we went to the Greenwood Ironman. At that point in the season, our kids were comfortable in freestyle/greco and you could tell the others for the most part were lagging behind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament   March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

March 27th~The Dog Bowl at Hanahan Freestyle/Greco tournament
Page 1 of 1