A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Predictions for Individual State Champs this year

Go down 
+3
LSO
Lex L.
cjs53
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
RetiredC

Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Empty
PostSubject: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan - 13:22

Come on Wrestling Fans/Coaches/Wrestling Gurus let see some predictions for Individual State Champions in 1A/2A....

Here's Mine:

103-??? Haven't seen a very strong candidate here.
112-JJ Johnson-Hanahan-- kid just is to tough for any other 112.
119-Jarred Maltby-Chesterfield--think his experience in big matches pay off here.
125-Tyler Alley-Chesterfield--think all the Chesterfield experience finally pays off.
130-Lane Walling-Bamberg-Ehrhardt-- saw this kid at a few tournaments is way ahead of the field.
135-Francis Boykin-Hanahan-- benefits from Martin-Chesnee being out all year hurt and not being able to get back to 135.
140-Cody Hancock-Hanahan--just a bulldog and tough, don't see anyone being able to deal with his mental/physical toughness.
145-Dustin Martin-Chesnee-- lands here because of a injury and being out all season and not being able to get back to 135, but young man can still wrestle. His biggest problem is going to be conditioning..
152-Jonathan Dykes-Marion-- is just too big and strong. Also he can wrestle.
160-Steven Jenerette-Loris- another big strong young man that can wrestle. But dont be surprised if a dark horse sneaks in here.
171????-Haven't seen a dominate candidate here
189-Dillon Holiday-Abbeville-- is a man among boys. He can wrestle really well for a big man. Only stopper will be can he stay healthy down the stretch??
215-Antonio Barron-Palmetto/Aikil Sanders-Marion—could be a really good battle
Hwt-BJ Gibbs-Mid Carolina/Kendrick Butler-Loris—comes down to who can gain leverage and use it to score.

My predictions are based on wrestlers I have seen across the state this year,last year and/or how they faired against last years seniors that won their weight class. So there's my guesses!!!

Oh yea while I'm predicting....

2A Team Champion--- Hanahan and Loris finally settle it on the mat, winner goes on to win STATE CHAMPIONSHI !!! (HAWKS)

1A Team Champion--- NEW CHAMPION !!! maybe the other teams assemble a team of all-stars to wrestle Chesterfield in the finals to get it done.. Another upstate team finally derails the "C" train... cheers

Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan - 13:45

Here are my first and second choices at each weight class. I beleive 135, 171, and 189 are pretty weak. The first choices there should definitely win their weight classes.
103 - Hunter (Cross)/Loris Kid
112 - Johnson (Hanahan)/Jones (Bamberg)
119 - Hiers (Bamberg)/Maltby (Cfield)
125 - Alley (Cfield)/Gore (Loris)
130 - Walling (Bamberg)/Wingate (Cheraw)
135 - Boykin (Hanahan)/?????
140 - Hancock (Hanahan)/Long (Bamberg)
145 - Martin (Chesnee)/White (Loris)
152 - Dykes (Marion)/Flores (Hanahan)
160 - Etheridge (Marion)/ Moody (Bamberg)
171 - Cuyler (Marion)/Thomas (Abbeville)
189 - Holliday (Abbeville)/?????
215 - Sanders (Marion)/Griffin (Loris)
285 - Butler (Loris)/ Gibbs (Mid-Carolina)

As far as team goes........

2A I'm gonna go with Hanahan over Marion

1A I highly doubt there are any 1A upperstate teams that can derail Cfield although I hope you're right. The seedings for the 1A Duals Tournament takes place next tuesday, so all speculation should be held off until then.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan - 15:19

I haven't seen many of the upperstate kids this year, so based on what I see in the lowerstate....

103-Have not seen much quality here this year. I would venture to say Hunter-the Cross kid.
112-Assuming all things are equal (reasonable refs, no injuries, etc) no one can stick with JJ Johnson.
119-I would say Hiers/Bam, but I am a Maltby fan, so I have to go with the 1 pt wonder here.
125-Gore/Loris unless He gets caught in a spladle by Alley.
130-Walling from Bam
135-If no one else steps up, I guess Boykin/Hanahan. I have not seen much quality at this weight this year. If there is someone solid in the upstate, it may go that way.
140-Hancock/Hanahan has got it together. He is dialed in and too much of a load for anyone here.
145-Flores/Hanahan "" "" ""
152-?
160-?
171-?
189-Holliday from Abbeville
215-?
Hwt-Moten/Burke is the greatest of course!

Last edited by Lex L. on Thu 27 Jan - 14:05; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mother

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan - 19:58

I have not seen THAT much wrestling this year. But what i hear resonates just as well as seeing it. With that being said, HOLY CRAP MARION HAS TRANSFORMED. From last year to this year, to me, has been one of the biggest turnarounds of any team in any sport in a while. congrats
Back to top Go down
Guest130

PostSubject: Indv   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 26 Jan - 23:05

I see where yall have put Martin (chesnee) at 145..well i seen him weight in at county and he weighed in at 139. Im just saying..i believe he will be at 137 but he still won't beat that Boykin bc his conditioning is crap. I seen that when he wrestled that horrible chapman kid at 145. The kid stalled just like there coaches taught him and beat Martin but really the match was over in the 1st period. Martin gassed out in first 45secs. I don't see Fraiser (palmetto) on yalls list. No one from 137 to 162 can beat that kid. I believe he walks through state at 145 or 152.
Back to top Go down
ram

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 2:49

frazier still hasn't beaten anyone from chesterfield yet.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 9:33

He majored Gulledge last year at state.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
stchump

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 11:13

my guesses for this slack year are:
103-Hunter
112-JJ Johnson/Jones from Bamburg will meet in the finals
119-been hearing Heirs all year
125-Gore/Alley
130-Walling/Alley
135-Boykin is strongest here
140-Hancock is aggresive/ he should meet Long in the finals an interesting match
145- Flores/CJ Gillespie
152-Dykes from Marion, Moody from Bamberg has surprised
160-Jennerette from Loris is very strong
171-who is here???
189-Holliday from A-town
215- kid from Marion/ Landrum kid is still tough
285-Gibbs/Butler/and Oklahoma recruit lol
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 11:45

stchump I know you're from Bamberg I can check your IP. You're posting from a computer within our school........I willlllll find you!!!!! What's sad is you can't even spell your own teammates name correctly, HIERS.....come on man Heck you didn't even spell Bamberg right
Back to top Go down
matslap3

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 14:07

Being from Abbeville i will go with mudd, pritchett from wren beat him by 1 when he was still wrestling and he beat bhp kid this sat. in o/t. 285 will be very competitive, got 3 or 4 kids that can win it, not like most wt.classes. 171 may be won by a crescent wrestler this year. Broome and Woodruff have a few wrestlers that should make some good showings.
Back to top Go down
jmaltby

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 22:36

I say...

103 - Hunter (Cross)
112 - Johnson (Hanahan)/ethan nobles (aynor)/pressly(buford)
119 - Hiers (Bamberg)/brody (96)/ or me
125 - Alley (Cfield)/Gore (Loris)
130 - Walling (Bamberg)/alley (cfield)
135 - Boykin (Hanahan)
140 - Hancock (Hanahan)
145 - flores (hanahan)/long(bamberg)/stafford (cfield)
152 - Dykes (Marion)/Flores (Hanahan)
160 - Etheridge (Marion)/ Steven Jenerette (loris
171 - Cuyler (Marion)/Thomas (Abbeville)
189 - Holliday (Abbeville)
215 - Sanders (Marion)/Griffin (Loris)
285 - Butler (Loris)/ Gibbs (Mid-Carolina)

Back to top Go down
RedBird

PostSubject: Cmon   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 0:55

So every weight class will be won by a lowerstate wrestler except one? lol Cmon now dude. Do u think u predict that bc u only see lowerstate teams? Fraiser will win 152...no arguement there. 215 Barron (Landrum) will walk to a state championship like he should have last year.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 10:06

I've seen upperstate teams. Every one of them has one or two decent wrestlers. I hate to tell you this, but I don't think Frazier will beat Dykes or Etheridge, from Marion, whicheverone goes 152. You may have a valid arguement for the Barron kid although once again, Sanders from Marion is a monster. Nothing against upperstate man, but the lowerstate is pretty stacked this year.
Back to top Go down
watchin

PostSubject: 215?   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 10:45

Marion and Lake City 215's both monsters at 215 BUT Loris has beaten both of them though all the matches were battles. 215 is stacked this year and will be a lot of fun to watch
Back to top Go down
JunkMan

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeFri 28 Jan - 20:21

103-loris kid (either one).
112- Nobles/Johnson
119- Maltby
125-Gore/Alley
130-walling
135-boykin
140-HANCOCK!
145- Flores/ White
152-Dykes
160-Jenrette
171-
189-Pate (never seen the a-town kid)
215-griffin/Sanders
285-butler

As far as teams, Marion will not be there.. so whoever wins lower state. (HANAHAN or loris)
Back to top Go down
3A

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 15:51

Im sorry but i dont see a single kid in 2a that could even come close to winning in 3a or 4a its a really bad year for them.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 16:14

I think you might be mistaken.......there are some good kids in 1A/2A. We've wrestled 3A/4A teams all year and I've got kids that have hung in there or won against some of the top ranked kids in 3A.
Back to top Go down
1fan1

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 22:03

woodruff has a strong 189. chris henery he has been strong all year. they have a few more that may place well.
Back to top Go down
3a

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 23:07

Just saying as a whole 2a has got way weaker since some usally power teams have moved up in classification
Back to top Go down
Guest123

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 9:26

Which teams would those be???? If you're talking about Ashley Ridge then you're very wrong because I don't remember them making it to lowerstate last year.
Back to top Go down
watchin

PostSubject: hang with 3A?   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 13:11

I think Hanahan, Loris, Lake City, Edisto, and Cheraw can hang with most 3a (and probably a few 4a) schools and I'm sure there are a few more in the upstate.
Back to top Go down
3A

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 14:27

ive never even heard of ashley ridge but im talking about west oak and (wahalla even though not recentally) are 2 off the top that moved up and i dont think any of the school you name would push chapin fort mill eastside west oak or some of the top 4a teams very hard. I also havnt seen them go to many big tournmant to prove themselves so thats what im basing my opinion on.
Back to top Go down
LorisLio

PostSubject: 3a   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 16:04

Loris would. They pushed White Knoll a Top 4a team. They would beat eastside, west oak, and lots of 4a teams.

Back to top Go down
3A

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 20:28

really white knoll? well they got 3rd at a dual tourny that west oak one so i highly doubt loris would beat them or fort mill who got 2nd. and i notice you said pushed them? so that means you lost right? thats what i thought
Back to top Go down
LorisLio

PostSubject: 3a   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 21:06

Well lets see. When west oak was 2a did they ever win the 2a duals or indy points title? I cant remember. I know Loris won 1 individual points team title and 4 or 5 team titles.

Walhalla wrestled Loris in the finals when they were 2a. How did that go?

Ill give you that 3a is stacked this year. But year in and year out Chesterfield and Loris can hang with several 3a and 4a teams.

And you were the one that said push... Loris lost to White Knoll but it was a tuff match.

So what teams were so good in 2a that arent there anymore??
Back to top Go down
Guest123

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 21:18

Hanahan can't go to any big tournaments because of the 100 mile rule in Berkley county.
Back to top Go down
matguy

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 23:31

Edisto couldn't even hang with Bamberg
Back to top Go down
3A

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 23:36

i never said it didnt used to be tough if you go back to my orginal post it says that they are really weak this year 3 or so years ago 2a was right up there but they im my eyes have really seemed to go down hill over the last 3 years
Back to top Go down
wow

PostSubject: lorislio   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 2 Feb - 10:19

Loris is a very good team but they would get their brains beat in if they wrestled eastside, west oak, Bhp. If loris is that good then did they wrestle Chapin at the sumter tournament? What do you think the outcome of that would be? Chapin won the tournament if I am right and Chapin and west oak and Eastside are fairly equal this year, and these would destroy Loris. If you are going to make a comment like that then you need to be able to prove it and no one believes that crap you are peddling.
Back to top Go down
fan1

PostSubject: 160   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 2 Feb - 14:30

I've heard that Frasier is wrestling 160? Is this true? Palmetto goes to Gilbert today for 1st round playoff. Any predictions on who will win each weight class and fianl score guesses?
Back to top Go down
wild hog

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 2 Feb - 19:50

frasier was at 152 at the skyline region tournament.
Back to top Go down
Columbia

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb - 21:39

Umm how come I dont see anything about some columbia high wrestlers ? You guys better watch out. There guys are VERY hungry ! Look out for their 119, 125, 140, 145.
Mikel Nelson: 20-2
Randy Medina: 36-1
Nate Harper: 35-2
Anthony Thompson:30- 3
You guys better watch out. There coming and their prepared. These guys are working BEYOND hard. This is the year for underdogs. All I have to say is watch out and never under estimate the opponent.
Back to top Go down
HHS1

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeWed 9 Feb - 22:11

Hanahan wins against Loris 42-25. Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 7:28

After the Loris/Hanahan match I would say:
-Gore is legitimate this year. Brule is solid, but Gore went right through him in two periods.
-Nic Thompson was a beast at 171. He oblitereated Jenererette 15-1 in the rematch of last years eye gouge match as seen on the news.
Back to top Go down
Loris2

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 11:57

Match of the night was 112. I have not seen a kid able to over come our 112 like that. Great match I picked our guy over Hanahan but both kids worked there tail off. What was Hanahans 112 name. He will go down at individual. Kid got very lucky.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:15

Sorry Homefresh.
That was JJ Johnson. He had a let down of a match and still stuck Loris 112. Good luck with your assessment of how lowerstate will pay out.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:18

Lex......What happened with JJ last night? I know he won the match obviously, but the word I got was that he struggled with the Loris kid, or the Loris kid had JJ on his back. Who did he wrestle from Loris?
Back to top Go down
Hguest

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:23

JJ got roled over but proved who was better by never given up. Loris was up but JJ did what JJ does so well. RECOVER and WIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:25

Do you know who he wrestled? I'm not arguing the fact that JJ is the best 112 in the state.
Back to top Go down
Hguest

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:31

Not sure of name, Don't know many Varsity guys. My son is not there yet. Just hope he learns from JJ so we try to watch him often. I not a wrestler but I think JJ was not as strong as the Loris kid. It was a good match. Loris pulled "big moves" JJ just used his head and recovered every time.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:43

It was just one of those things where he was not as focused as he should have been (The team had won the dual already and were starting to celebrate) and was a little complacent in muscle up situations that JJ doesn't normally practice or get into. It Happens. The kid (McCaskill I think) was strong and with good hips and caught him on his back twice. JJ cleared his head and picked the Loris kid apart then stuck him. Realistically, that was as close as it should ever be. The Loris kid did a good job of forcing muscle situations and capitalizing.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:43

technique usually beats muscle
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:47

It did.
Back to top Go down
DAD1

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:48

Ok Lex lets not give a scout report. He was so bad I had to let him stay the night with Frances. I thought he did a good job. It was closer that it needed to be or should have been. It takes a champ to come from behind and win and he wins at there game. LOL Thanks for the work you do with JJ
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:51

No scouting report for me....I don't have anyone that can stay on the mat with JJ.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:53

I wouldn't say McCaskill was that strong, kid does have good skills and put JJ on his back and time ran out, id say JJ got lucky.But JJ did do a good job catching back up and pinning McCaskill.
Back to top Go down
DAD1

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 12:56

I was just kidding with Lex. I love it when JJ has to work for them. I just hate dealing with him on how he thinks he sucks after a tough match. Love the sport Coaches keep up the great job you do. and Thank you
Back to top Go down
DAD1

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 13:01

N.C. just stay out of it. My other son tells me the crap you talk about JJ at the base ball field. We all know you can't stand him. Thats okay there is times I can't stand him. But it sad to let a 15 year old get under your skin that bad. LOL And I assume you are N.C. coach
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 13:09

hahahahahah DAD1 how about you stay out of it im a wrestler. Click on the word cougar check out my age and how about you get your facts straight, because when you assume you make an A&* out of u but not me. Im not saying anything bad about JJ it was a good match.
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitimeThu 10 Feb - 13:10

Columbia wrote:
Umm how come I dont see anything about some columbia high wrestlers ? You guys better watch out. There guys are VERY hungry ! Look out for their 119, 125, 140, 145.
Mikel Nelson: 20-2
Randy Medina: 36-1
Nate Harper: 35-2
Anthony Thompson:30- 3
You guys better watch out. There coming and their prepared. These guys are working BEYOND hard. This is the year for underdogs. All I have to say is watch out and never under estimate the opponent.
Those are very strong records but who have they wrestled???? The only results I remember seeing for Columbia at any tournament was the Dreher Blue Devil and there were no top finishes? I am sure they are good wrestlers but just haven't seen there names out there. Is Columbia going to upperstate or lowerstate individuals?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Predictions for Individual State Champs this year   Predictions for Individual State Champs this year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Predictions for Individual State Champs this year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next