A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?

Go down 
+5
Jeff Brule
LSO
cjs53
1-1/2 Nelson
Lex L.
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Empty
PostSubject: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeSun 2 Jan - 13:58

Who is going to be at the Hawk Invitational at Hanahan this year?

Is Loris making their return?
Back to top Go down
Jeff Bru

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeMon 3 Jan - 14:40

I'll get a list @ practice today, will let you know
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 7:48

Bueller? Bueller? Bueller?

Should be:
Hanahan
Stratford
Goose Creek
Wando
Bishop England
West Ashley
Edisto

Who else? Bamberg used to go until last year. Now they never wrestle Hanahan unless it happens to be at a tournament on neutral ground. Loris used to go. They didn't last year. I'm guessing probably not this year either. What are Loris and Bamberg plotting??? or what were they plotting last year??? Is there some sort of Bamberg/Loris conspiracy??? Hmmm......

Anyways,
Who's going? I'll probably make it to this event.
Back to top Go down
halk

PostSubject: tell the truth   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 8:04

how many football games did hanhana win this year 2010
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 8:19

This is a wrestling thread on a wrestling forum. You might want to start a thread on a football forum about that.
Back to top Go down
RedBird

PostSubject: ?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 9:39

Haven't most of those teams wrestled each other...a few times already?
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 10:09

Finally remembered my login and don't have to be Cid anymore...

Lex, it probably has to do more with reciprocity of tournaments than a conspiracy. Instead of the Hanahan tourney, Bamberg went to the Blue Devil Invitational last year and is going to Battery Creek Duals this year both of which have come to Bamberg on several occasions. I can't remember the last time Hanahan came to Bamberg even after participating in the their tournament for several years??? Coach Slaughter had open invitations to our tournaments and at least three of our duals posted for months and would have loved for Loris and Hanahan to join. Maybe we can catch them at Chapin, MLK, or Sumter Dual tournaments. Both teams were good matchups for us last year at Airport and MLK! Loris probably has some bad blood with Hanahan but Bamberg doesn't shy away from anyone, look at some beatings we have taken this year from some strong 4A and even 5A GA programs. But it only makes us better in the end!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 10:37

No conspiracy, just like to try out different tournaments to wrestle different people. I'm still learning this whole coaching thing and don't have it quite figured out. I'm not sure I would even know how to plot on someone or form a super secret wrestling conspiracy.
Back to top Go down
jazz

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 11:27

afro hahahaha this is funny!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 14:04

The conspiracy comment was a halfhearted joke. I really was trying to find out who would be at the Hanahan event. I have kids from various schools that are part of the Pitbull Club that will be there and wanted to get a feel for some matchups.

!/2....For the record, when I was actively helping Bishop England, BE traveled to Bamberg for Dual meets at least 3 years straight and was at their dual tournament last year. They even scheduled the tournament that got cancelled at the last minute Dec 30th. So in at least four years, they did not reciprocate to BE.

Hanahan was scheduled to go Chapin, Hilton Head, NMB, and the Battery Creek Duals for tournaments before Berkeley County issued the 100 mile mandate. That rule is garbage. Especially when the teams have the ability to raise money.

Loris should love Hanahan. Hanahan beat them and then gave them the state duals title essentially. But I could see why they might not want to return.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 15:07

Actually, we are in the process of trying to schedule something with Bishop England because we cancelled that tournament. I send out emails every year to every coach in the state, if we owe a team a date, all they have to do is respond. We already travel all over the state, so why not travel down to Charleston at some point too?
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 15:13

you asked why they were not going to Hanahan not Bishop England, and I offered my guess! The 100 mile mandate does make it tough to see a variety of competition.
Back to top Go down
jazz

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 16:24

oh yeah Hanahan did hand them the title didn't they? i mean not counting that they cheated with the weight class certifications, i mean thats okay because cheaters always win cheers (until the get caught) *coughcough*
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 16:53

Cheating? Cheating is when you try to get away with something to gain an advantage. I am not with Hanahan, but I do coach a number of their kids in the off season. I'm sorry, but that was an oversight, not blatant cheating like gouging someone's eye's out to avoid a pin as seen on the news, unsportsmanlike conduct, or anything like that.

Truth be told, there was no advantage to sending Kofi out at 127 against Gore as opposed to Wolfe? Wolfe was head and shoulders better than Kofi. Kofi likely would have still had the pin that Wolfe basically farted and got at 130. Wolfe however, would have likely pinned Gore. Aside from being on a different level than Kofi, his style would have been a WORSE matchup for Gore, who then went to 119. So I don't buy the whole "cheaters" mantra." That is just a weak justication for the "win."

It is not Loris fault that Hanahan messed up the certifications earlier in the year. They were given the lowerstate nod to the dual team state dealio. That being said, there will always be an *asterisk* near that title. Is Loris as proud of that one as previous years that they actually won? I would hope not. Most teams/coaches would not be. To brag about winning that way......well form your own opinion.

Anyways,
What teams will be at the Hawk?
Back to top Go down
mother

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 19:28

whoaaa...this sure doesn't seem like the kind-hearted Lex we all know and love...must be turning into LEX LUTHER!
Back to top Go down
NORMal G

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 20:57

Every now and then someone has to sprinkle a little reality into the talk soup.
I always wondered how or why so many people took Loris side on that for getting by the way they did. It is one thing to take the chickensh*t victory the way they did. It is another to actually be proud of it. That's sad. That is not what wrestling is all about.

The lesson those kids got out of it was "it's ok, you don't have to win or earn it. We'll find some kind of legal loophope to get you by. Play the system" It is really pathetic the way that team and their fans looked at that tainted, sham of a victory the way they did and then rubbed it in Hanahan's face. Their just kids though. The really sad part is the adults that condoned Loris behavior(the eye poking, the taunting, etc) and then condemned the kids from Hanahan. They are either stupid, spineless, or have no ethics. If the shoe was on the other foot, would Hanahan have taken the cheap win? Would their kids and fans have come on here and taunted Loris? Would the adults out there have openly condemned Loris and praised Hanahan for a tainted victory.

Look yourselves in the mirror.
Back to top Go down
RetiredC

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 1:27

Ok gentleman lets looked at the last few post:Loris' postition we won because you "cheated" Hanahan you used an illegal wrestler.Kofi did what was asked of him by his coach.Now THE QUESTION IS did Coach Adkins know he broke the rules.HMMMM Answer-- ONLY HIM AND THE LORD ABOVE KNOW the real answer.... HE MADE A MISTAKE AND HIS TEAMS, FANS AND TAXPAYERS PAID FOR IT.. BUT LET IT GO PEOPLE ,IT'S IN THE PAST. If anyone paid attention this wasn't the only example of the rules being broke through out wrestling, I believe their was examples in each classification 1A/2A-4A. The Biggest problem is the SCHSL handled each case differently, even though they were very similar cases.

Now should Loris take pride in their Title???? Yes, they did still go and beat Woodruff and win the title. Should everyone continue to BEAT this dead horse NO!!!!!!.

I do have one last thing to say about this subject, NORMal G in respond to your statement"The lesson those kids got out of it was "it's ok, you don't have to win or earn it. We'll find some kind of legal loophope to get you by. Play the system" Now is that not what Hanahan did is attempt to play the system???

So in other words you would rather Hanahan wrestlers,coaches and fans learn the lesson that you can DO anything just to win. THAT THERE ARE NO RULES!!!!!

IN CLOSING I LOVE THIS SPORT AND TRULY HATE THAT IT CAME OUT THE WAY IT DID. I BELIEVE THERE'S PLENTY OF BLAME TO GO AROUND... THE MOST DISTURBING MESSAGE I GOT OUT OF THE WHOLE MESS IS THAT WE ARE CONTINING TO BLAME YOUNG MEN FOR ADULT DECISIONS AND THAT WE ARE WILLING TO ALLOW THEM TO BE TAUGHT THAT THERE ARE NO RULES THAT NEED OR HAVE TO BE FOLLOWED IN PURSUIT OF VICTORY!!!!!! AND WE WONDER WHY OUR WORLD IS IN THE STATE THAT IT IS NOW??? STOP AND THINK PEOPLE WHAT ARE WE REALLY TEACHING OUR FUTURE LEADERS OF SOCIETY!!!
Back to top Go down
West of

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 7:35

Retired C,
I think you:
1) Missed "NORMal G's" point.
2) Proved "NORMal G's" point.

Hanahan made a mistake that a lot of teams did last year with the complicated rules. Some teams got dinged for it. Others did not. They made a mistake, they did not "play the system." How? Saying they did is naive.

Loris lost despite cheating (like the before-mentioned blatant eye gouging as seen on television here in Charleston by Loris' upperweight) Loris lost and then looked for a loophole to get by. They found one and used it to get by. Then they tied poor Woodruff (who was the real victim in all of this...) and got by again on criteria this time.

It is peculiar how people condemned Hanahan for a mistake and really went out of their way to praise Loris for being poor losers and finding a loophole.

I'm glad the penalty point for boxers barely sticking out of a singlet is gone. It could win some team a state title. That's wrestling!
Back to top Go down
c-lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 10:02

lex and retiredc ,great points. I have coached at Hanahan on and off sinc 92 and wrestled there from 80 to 85. Between all those years I have worked with 7 head coaches there.
Monk
Barndollar
craig
Learn
Raycroft
Shane Hall (not the N. chas. coach}
Atkins
Coach Atkins is by far done the best for the program than anybody. he started the kids program, he let lex and I bring the pit bull club there. So Istruggle listening to people that dont know the facts bash him or his team. so i want to lay it out for the people that are smart enough or mature enough to grasp it.

We wanted Wolfe to wrestle gore tha night, by far the better wrestler, but didnt get his weight, so we sent Kofi in at 125. we thought Gore was better the the 130 they had at the time and we wanted our better guy to face their better guy to get the sure points at 125 and 130. thats it as far as the match goes
Unknowingly we did violate the weight rule.this is how we did that. now this info came stait from the lawyer(Jerry Wigger ). In 06 there was an amendment made, the rule in guestion, there for the rule was in place for that year. the rule was never put in the 07 08 rule book or anyother rule book since. So for it to be valid it has to be reamended every year that its not inthe rulebook. that is called proper protocal. well the rule was not reamended since 06 therefore the rule leaguly is not valid. However, the rule inguestion was said inwas going to be inforced by e-mail by Tommy Bell, who is basicly a liason between the SCHSL and the coaches. well according to the lawyers that is not proper protocal or proceedure. that is what the case was based on. Coach Atkins Stated that he did not recieve the e-mail. now alot opeople here will say sure he didnt. At that point he had a petition signed from over 20 other coaches and afew refs, Paul Hernandez being one of them stating they were also unaware of this rule being in place. Some coaches said they did get it and they knew about the rule. so that turned into awhole his word against your word kind of deal. So again it came down to proper proceedure wasnt fallowed for the rule to be implamented. Coach Atkin main concen during all this was th e kids and getting them ready for lower state individuals. at this time it was out of his hands, the BCSB had the ball and was running with it. well the SCHSL had already made up their minds and were not going to overturn their decision. The BCSB was wanting to take this all the way to state court. Now keep in mind there is arule in the rule book that if we go against the HSL and lose, they can suspend all sports at Hanahan for 3 years. so between that and that it would have drawn out to long and would have effected othr schools (woodruff) they felt it was best to drop it. that is it in a nutshell.
To quote Coach Atkins

"This is a new year, LETS WRESTLE.)
Back to top Go down
c-lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 11:59

one more thing,
no matter what side of the fence your on with this issue, you are talking about two men, (Atkins and Britt) that have dedicated their lives and careers to work with kids, i mean really, how bad can they be.
i hope the previous post will put this matter to rest once and for all.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL.
Back to top Go down
oneaye

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 20:30

why even debate the 2a title? the last 4 years it would have been chesterfield if 1A/2A were combined. lol!
Back to top Go down
RetiredC

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 2:14

Westof I did get the point but apparently you didnt get mine. My point being only Coach Adkins knows whether he did or did not know he violated a rule. He to my knowledge has admitted that there was a mistake made and accepted responsibility for that. So as far as I'm concern the issue should DIE.... There where mistakes make by BOTH sides. I AM NOT TAKING EITHER SIDE. My point to you was I DONT LIKE EITHER LESSON THAT COULD COME OF IT. 1- That if you dont win look for a loophole or 2- Win at all cost even if its by breaking the rules....

C-Lewis I agree with you Coach Adkins & Coach Britt have done GREAT things w/Hanahan/Loris..

We just need to let the issue go..

Maybe just Maybe it will be settled THIS year on the mat and not in courts or rule books. I truly believe they will see each other again and this time it will be settled ONLY by those 14 young men wearing singlets ... GOOD LUCK to both...

oneaye I hate to disagree with you but Chesterfield 2006-2009 hands down you all would be1A/2A STATE CHAMPS. 2010 Hanahan would have knocked the MIGHTY Chesterfield off... cheers
Back to top Go down
mother

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 3:32

hanahan would have beat chesterfield last year? are you serious? are you delusional?
Back to top Go down
c-lewis

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 7:30

i dont know if we would have beat chesterfield or not last year. even on their down year, they are still pretty good. i think we are better this year than last. we have some freshman that are realy stepping up. our three best guys are sophmores and uor heavys actually did wrestling moves last night.
now that 1a has 12 teams in it, according to the rulebook they can have their own state individuals now.
i would love to see the 4 classes seperate and then have one more tounament after that, like an open to where all 4 classes compete against each other for a true state champion.
wrestling is the only sport in SC to where they combine 1a/2a for state championship. its not due to lack of numbers so can anybody tell me why that is.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 11:19

not trying to be ugly but we would have stomped a mudhole in hanahan last year simply on matchups and we had too many guns that could bump to too many weight classes. (legally, lol) ...that being said...this year you can turn the tables as the matchups mos def do not favor us at all.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 11:36

sandbagger.......I've seen Chesterfield.....they aren't as good as last year, but those kids they have filling in are definitely not slouches on the mat.....103 = stud, 112/119 = stud, 125 = stud, 130 = stud, 135 = doesn't quit, 140 = STUD, 145 = STUD, 152 = STUD, 160 = STUD, 171 = Fastest mn alive, 189 = STUD, 215 = STUD, 285 = Biggest man alive
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 16:09

I'm not saying we are bad this season. I'm looking at matchups from this year and last year and they don't go in our favor. Looking at hanahan's studs from last season they would have gotten wins at 125, a toss decision at 145, and maybe a win between 189/215. We would give them 103 and 285....but Dwira, Boykin, and Flores would all run into better wrestlers. Everywhere else we were stronger. That being said...the only one of those wrestlers mentioned graduated (125)...everyone of ours graduated. The shoe is on the other foot this season.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 16:28

Last year Hancock was at 140. I believe he would have won there. The reality is that the Hawks would have needed everything to go right and Chesterfield would have had to screw up a couple of places for Hanahan to win.

This year would probably go Hanahan's way unless LSO could find some retarded loophole to get by.

Sorry. Couldn't resist.

Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 16:38

that loophole would be called "strategy"
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 16:40

Don't make me hurt your feelings again Coach.
Back to top Go down
mother

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 19:43

lex man..what happened? your turning diabolical on us!
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 22:23

Nah. Just trying to keep everyone straight. There has been too much hugging and kissing on here for me.
Remember that I coach Pitbull Wrestling and that we are a Hug free Wrestling Club.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Brule

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 23:44

Agree about the hugging stuff,, can anyone not validate what c-lewis spoke of about the 12 team rule?
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jan - 10:08

It sounds like a legit rule, I don't think anyone in 1A would want that though. It would make any individual championship meaningless. Even though we have more than 12 teams, most of those teams can't field a full squad. I don't think we would have 8 people per weight class to work with.
Back to top Go down
1-1/2

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeFri 7 Jan - 12:53

Yeah, it would be watered down like SCISA. I think they should join up with the 1A/2A indies since there is so few of them .
Back to top Go down
JunkMan

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2010-12-25

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeSat 8 Jan - 11:25

I have to diagree with "oneaye" too. C-Field wouldnt have won the title for the last 4 years. Didnt LORIS win the ram rumble in 2007? Meaning they must have beat C-Field huh....

And PLEASE dont find exuses why they lost.
Back to top Go down
matFan

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeSat 15 Jan - 22:39

No excuse in 07 for the Rumble. Great tournament and wrestling.

Even A Blind squirel will find a nut sometime. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
C-LEWIS

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeSun 16 Jan - 8:06

1a,2a,3a, and 4a would still have their individual class champions, and your right , it would water down that tournament, but it would 2a also, but what i would like to see is an overall champ. Get rid of the north south. its a joke. I think we , bamburg, chesterfield abbyville and some others have some guys that could win it. I also think it would raise more money for the HSL cause more people would come to see mathups they would not see otherwise.
Back to top Go down
WRESTLERGURU51

Registration date : 2011-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeSat 22 Jan - 20:24

THE HAWK INVITATIONAL IS A QUALITY TOURNAMENT.... THE MATCH I WILL ALWAYS REMEMBER IS THE 285 MATCH BTWN BURKE AN HANNAHAN... BURKE'S HEAVYWEIGHT IS IMPRESSIVE..
Back to top Go down
Guest 10

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan - 1:17

WRESTLERGURU51- what is between you and the Burke's Heavyweight? Are yall in a bro-mance with each other or somthing? you have put about 3 or 4 posts about how he will win state and how he is "impressive". At the Hawk Invitational he wrestled the Hanahan kid and lost 5-0. then quit the rest of the tournament after he lost. sounds like a sore loser to me, no where close to being an "impressive wrestler".
Back to top Go down
WRESTLERGURU51

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeSun 23 Jan - 22:04

I'VE FOLLOWED THE KID SINCE 8TH GRADE.. I WAS IMPRESSED WITH HIS FOOTBALL SKILLS, AN THOUGHT HE WOULD MAKE A GREAT WRESTLER, THEREFORE I INVITED HIM TO WRESTLE FOR ME ON MY AAU WRESTLING TRAVEL TEAM.. WE TRAVEL IOWA WRESTLING... AN ALTHOUGH THERE ARE NO EXCUSES IN WRESTLING... CHECKOUT THE POSTANDCOURIER ARTICLE FROM THE WEEK BEFORE THE TOURNAMENT.. MOTEN WAS IN A CAR CRASH.. FRACTURED 2 RIBS... AN FARLEY HAD A PROBLEM WITH A DAMAGED MOTEN.. MOTEN AT 100 PERCENT IS A MONSTER.. ASK FARLEY WHAT MOTEN IS LIKE AT 100%.. HE BEAT FARLEY IN 46 SECONDS AT LOWERSTATE.. AN THE KID FROM STRATFORD WHO BEAT FARLEY FOR FIRST PLACE IN THE HAWK INVITATIONAL WAS PINNED BY MOTEN TWO WEEKS PRIOR... LOL
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 7:57

Sorry about the car crash, but.........did either of those kids you are bragging about beating win state or something last year? Did they place? Did they even qualify?
Back to top Go down
WRESTLERGURU51

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 12:44

MOTEN QUALIFIED BUT FRACTURED HIS ANKEL AGAINST B.J GIBBS WITH 46 SECONDS LEFT.. THE FINAL SCORE WAS 4-3... GIBBS PLACED SECOND IN STATE..
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 13:04

Who has Burke wrestled this year to lend any credibility to your arguement about the greatness of this Moten kid? They way you're talking about him he is a shoo in for a state championship. I watch a whole lot of wrestling in this state and know most of the kids name's who are good wrestler's with a chance of winning it all.......WHO IS MOTEN?
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 14:53

this site is getting better than Jerry Springer afro afro afro afro affraid
Back to top Go down
WRESTLERGURU51

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 16:20

In the purity of the sport I encourage Yu to watch moten an butler from Loris matches
Back to top Go down
BULLDOG34

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-01-24

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeMon 24 Jan - 20:28

HELLO IM MOTEN FROM BURKE.. I REALLY HAVE NO QUARELS WITH ANYONE.. HOWEVER FOR THE LOVE OF THE SPORTS, I WILL NOT TURN DOWN A CHALLENGE..FOR ANYONE WHO WANT TO SEE WHAT IM MADE OF I PRACTICE AT THE CITADEL TUESDAYS-THURS COME ANYTHIME BTWN 5-8... PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 3:00

can someone please turn this kid's capslock key off for him, i dont think he knows where it is
Back to top Go down
watchin

PostSubject: Butler and Moten?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 10:18

Was this at HVY at 215 because I don't remember seeing them wrestle last year? Those extra pounds make a BIG difference. Looks like heavyweight will be interesting and exciting. My pick -BUTLER (aka Big Soft)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?   Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hawk Invitational~What teams are competing?
Page 1 of 1