A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crescent beats Woodruff

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
matslap

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Crescent beats Woodruff Empty
PostSubject: Crescent beats Woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 17:23

Crescent and Woodruff tied 33-33 and Crescent won by 2nd Criteria most wins 8 to 6.....Good job Tigers, Skyline looking tough......
Back to top Go down
fan 2

PostSubject: for real?   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 17:30

Is this for real? Way to go tigers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Crescent beats Woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 18:14

Any indy results?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Crescent beats Woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSat 7 Feb - 18:50

How fitting it is one side of the upperstate comes down to the old Crescent and Walhalla rivalry - teams ranked 13 and 14 on this site! We may need some new rankings LSO? Looks like upperstate will be an all skyline showdown, unless broome upsets abbeville. I seriously do not see that happening.
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Crescent beats Woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 0:01

Great representation from the Skyline. Now I wonder if Liberty had been matched up with Gilbert or Palmetto if they could of pulled out a win? Oh well we will never know, but very surprising match from Crescent! Any individuals?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 2:47

I saw Woodruff really go down badly at the region tournament at Broome last week. They actually finished third behind Broome (with 42.5) and Palmetto (28.5) to thier 26.5 points. Chesnee had 7.5. They have had the injury bug at the wrong time and it looks like Cresent may have a few back that were hurt. Skyline has had a good representation this year, but last year it was an all region II upperstate!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Woodruff~Westmoreland   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 2:49

Has a # 9 seed ever beaten a #1 seed in the history of the duals (any classification) in our state? That is really very interesting! Nice job Wolves!
Back to top Go down
in the k

PostSubject: Crescent beats woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 10:36

Never has a #9 seed beaten a #1 seed...Crescent is now as healthy as they can be for the most part..They still lost 4 starters for the year...But the rest that have been sick/injured is back...

As far as all region II last year that is true but historically Region I has double representation in the UpperState Championship in 2003, 2007 and more than likely 2009 (as long as Abbeville wins) since the duals started in AA in 2001...Region II has done it once, last year...And has has a Region I team in 8 of the 9 Dual UpperState Championships...Furthermore Region I has won 5 of the 8 UpperState Championships so far with this year a good possibility...So I think there really is little arguement which region in AA is the toughest top to bottom year in and year out....Region I....And can be argued one of the toughest regions regardless of classification!

BTW, some of our former region teams are not doing too shabby now either, Palmetto and West-Oak!
Back to top Go down
know it

PostSubject: Palmetto   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 10:49

Palmetto spent a few years getting pummeled by Woodruff and Broome before spending time with you guys in Region 1 for the last realignment. If you know your facts, you would have known that!
Back to top Go down
Centurio

PostSubject: To "In the K": Regions   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 11:07

In response to your region 1 vs 2 banter:

I have done some research and although I cannot speak before 2004-05 seeason (that is when Broome dropped down to AA)
I can tell you the following:

2005 Upper State finals Broome defeats Cresent
2006 Upper State finals Cresent defeats Broome
2007 Upper State finals: Wal`Cresent
2008 Woodruff Defeats Broome

Looks like since Broome has joined Region II, that thier is a lot of parity! Broome 3 times, Cresent 3 times, Woodruff 1 time and Walhalla 1 time. Not bad for a 3 team region (now that Chesnee has started a prgram look out region 1, you may never reach the finals again! Ha Ha.
Back to top Go down
in the k

PostSubject: Crescent beats woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeSun 8 Feb - 11:41

In response to know it:

Yes I did know that but really dont see how that is relevant?

I will say that there has been parity to the Upper State Finals as you say since 2005...But again my origional response is the overall success of Region I since the conception of Dual Playoffs (2001)...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: parity   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeMon 9 Feb - 10:43

Regions change as teams move in and out. Since Broome joined Woodruff, these two teams have mached all of the six in region I. That is plain and simple enough for you I am sure.
Back to top Go down
how come

PostSubject: Re: Crescent beats Woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeMon 9 Feb - 11:27

Crescent 33, Woodruff 33 (Crescent won on 2nd tiebreaker)
130: Sherbert (CRE) pin Crocker, first;
135: Flynn (WOD) pin Madden, second;
140: D. Smith (WOD) dec. Smith, 7-1;
145: Lewis (CRE) dec. Richards, 8-3;
152: Cary (CRE) pin Rhodes, second;
160: Orias (WOD) by forfeit;
171: Allman (CRE) dec. Henry, 7-3 OT;
189: Pierce (CRE) dec. C. Smith, 3-2;
215: Grandy (WOD) pin Brown, first;
Hwt: Smith (WOD) pin Young, first.
103: Gillam (WOD) pin Cleveland, first;
112: Whitfield (CRE) pin Thomas, second;
119: McCall (CRE) dec. Phillips, 6-2;
125: Bianco (CRE) dec. Foreman, 10-4;
Back to top Go down
in the k

PostSubject: Crescent beats Woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeMon 9 Feb - 11:58

Well see if this is plain enough for you guest:

Top to bottom Region I is far superior to Region II...Simply put LOL
Back to top Go down
in the k

PostSubject: Crescent beats Woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeMon 9 Feb - 12:03

How Come:

Actually the final was 34-33...By rule the team winning on criteria shall be awarded one team point to final score...Crescent won on the second tie-break criteria...Crescent won 8 matches to Woodruff's 6...And if you were at the match, you could see that the last two matches the CHS wrestlers and coaches knew all they needed were decisons...Wrestled conservative....I really believe McCall and Bianco could have majored both if need be and pushed the pace...McCall dominated on feet and bianco coasted to a 10-4 victory...They both wrestled smart...Got the lead and made sure not to walk into anything to get put on their back...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: in the k   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitimeMon 9 Feb - 21:43

everyone has an opinion. Obviously yours is the only one that counts (for u)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Crescent beats Woodruff   Crescent beats Woodruff Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crescent beats Woodruff
Page 1 of 1