A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crescent Job

Go down 
AuthorMessage
concerne

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: Crescent Job   Crescent Job Icon_minitimeWed 2 Jun - 11:33

Who do you think will/should get the Crescent Wrestling job? I hope they get someone good! Coach Strickland did an awesome job and hopefully CHS will get someone in there that will continue the good work he did!
Back to top Go down
extiger

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Job   Crescent Job Icon_minitimeMon 5 Jul - 16:45

Strickland road a floating boat when took over the program, and it has since gone down hill....Martin has it and any change would have been good, to get the kids back out and enjoying what they are doing. Now strick go's to BHP to ride that boat that elmer fudd could coach cause the kids already have the skill, shouldnt fall off much cause strick will now pay attention to the youth program there that is something he didnt care much about at crescent. As of late it has been the trend of coaches leaving teams for the money and those programs will be better off without them. So in a 40 miles cirlce martin go's to crescent, strickland go's to bhp....buddy system is still alive and well....So if you run across someone who actually coaches for the love of the sport...embrace them and say thank you....
Back to top Go down
really?

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: crescent Job   Crescent Job Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 17:09

Floating boat that is now sinking? didn't win region the year before he became head coach? Then after 4 years of head coach they won state...Last two years has not been all that great agreed but Coach Strickland will do a good job at BHP. Yes they are loaded in talent but have not won anything beyond a region championship...Will be interesting to see if he can take them to the next step. Under coach strickland in 8 years won 4 region championships, 2 upper state championships, 2 state championships (1 dual and 1 traditional), and 5 final 4 apperances....He also has coached numerous individual state championships...Not really a sinking ship...Had one losing season 2 years ago but was decimated with injuries....Once they got healthy seems that they did knock off #1 seed Woodruff, right? Last year had tremendous problems with lack of wrestlers' dedication, veteran kids skipping practice, etc. Hopefully Coach Martin will have a group come back through CHS that was dedicated to the sport as they once were. He is a good coach and will do well I think. I will tell you no HS coach, especially outside of Football, coaches for the money....The time spent versus the money made are you crazy...I am sure coach strickland enjoyed his time at CHS but who can blame him moving to the school he graduated from and where he lives....He did a lot of good things for Crescent not really fair of you to come on here anonomously and try to bash him...You must have been a never was for him, ex-tiger. That is a cowardly way to bash someone. I doubt seriously you would do it to his face.
Back to top Go down
real. ex

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: crescent job   Crescent Job Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 17:35

Hey extiger,
I wrestled under coach Strickland and for u to say he doesn't care about Wrestling or his wrestlers ur are seriously crazy, mislead or both! He cares tremendously about his wrestlers and the sport! I think That is why he pushed me and others on our team so much. Probably didn't see that as much until I graduated. But I really thank him for doing that. I agree with last poster. U probably were a slacker and have nothing better to do than try to bad mouth a good man. As far as good please boy system? Are u kidding? Both have won state championships? Just with that statement u lose credibility!
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Job   Crescent Job Icon_minitimeWed 7 Jul - 16:27

anyone who has ever had a conversation with Strickland can quickly denounce those remarks. Furthermore, anyone proclaiming a wrestling coach "leaving for money" isn't too familiar with the sport. I gurantee the Crescent coaches, as with every other coach in SC put more money into their programs than what they get back in return. Financially, it is very stupid job...but we all continue each year.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
extiger

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Job   Crescent Job Icon_minitimeFri 9 Jul - 1:28

really? LSO? I once met a man and spoke to him on 2 or 3 occassions over a years time and thought that this was a nice guy....but after speaking to some individuals who actually spent more time with them and knew them in a different light...the truth was then found out...most politicians are nice to get your vote but after that get what they need....you might as well bend over and be prepared not to get a thank you. How many athletes from the Tiger Nation have or are still wrestling in college? None....Oh yes there is one....Coach Martin just got him hooked up at SMC...Cody McCall is going to SMC....Get a year book from Crescent and look at the wrestling picture....How many wrestlers that wrestled under the King Strickland return to the wrestling room and help with the younger guys? NONE....Why? or just stop to say HI....none....why LSO? if you dont know there is a reason. So I guess BHP should win state now...kind of like carolina did when they got holtz....yes when you leave one school to go to another and there is a substantial pay raise that is called for the money....inquire and see what you find out....good day....please ask the parents at crescent when they are preparing a reunion for the King....i dont think they will have one. Watch at the tournaments this year and see how many parents embrace the king...not many if any...oh the wrestling picture has wrestlers blacked out...one kid didnt want to wrestle individuals so he got blacked out...i wonder who did that....why would a grown person want to scar a child like that? CAN YOU SAY DUCHE BAG.........
Back to top Go down
Guest1

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Job   Crescent Job Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 1:50

I wonder if Abercrombie was interested in the BHP position? Anyone know? Given his success this year and his Dad's amazing resume at BHP years ago I would've expected to see him slide in the position.

I'm sure Strickland will do well at BHP. He certainly walks into a great situation with the solid youth program BHP has assembled. I'm sure he'll make the most of it. Overall Crescent has been a wrestling power in 2A and they are a small 2A school. He must've done something right.

In my opinion - in SC it is EXTREMELY hard to get a quality wrestling coach at a rural 2A school. I'd say Strickland and now Martin are both WAY above average. I believe you're spoiled. There are HS coaches out there who need the small stipend and really don't pour their heart and soul into a program. They coach wrestling because it is not football season. In some cases you have wrestling coaches who never wrestled themselves. You've been lucky at Crescent. Again, this is just my opinion. You are at a 2A school and now have a coach who actually wrestled in college, not to mention is a stand-up guy. How many 2A schools in SC can say that? Off the top of my head the only ones I can think of are Martin, Lex, and King. I'm sure there are more, but not that many more. Be thankful.

Back to top Go down
real ex

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: crescent job    Crescent Job Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 20:34

Ex,

I will tell u plenty of wrestlers came back from time to time. You r very mislead my friend. He Had at least 4 wrestlers go onto wrestle in college. Steve EARWOOD (smc ), Nick Horne (Garner Webb), Derek Harris (au), Sam Wyatt (Clemson club). Now they may have not finished but they went. And how is that coaches fault. If others wanted to wrestle they could. Others played other sports. As far as Cody coach tried to get him to wrestle out of hs but he wanted to go to mechanics school instead. When he came back and changed his mind coach contacted several schools and a few contacted him. He had to take sat or act before anything could happen.? So again u r mislead and mistaken. As far as team picture and faces blackened out that person QUIT plane and simple along with anyone else that quit.one of those skipped Practice day before a big playoff match was suspended then decided not to return to team. This something wrestlers under coaches successful years would have never done! Hmm wonder why they were successful? Maybe they were committed. I know this because I am one of his former wrestlers during that time. And when i heard what some of the things the wrestlers were doing the last two season it made alot of since why they were not as successful. They didnt have the commotment. Sounds like ex-tiger was from these last 2 seasons. likes to blame others when not looking at their own faults. So why should a quitter face b allowed in a team picture in the yearbook when he skipped practice the day before the biggest match of year And let his entire team down? I think it was pretty big of coach to still give him the opportunity to finish season out after all that. But he chose to not come back. Anyhow get the facts before posting. Really. As far as lso. How do u know how often they talk anyhow?
Back to top Go down
and

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: crescent job   Crescent Job Icon_minitimeSat 10 Jul - 20:42

How do u know there was a pay raise? Really doubt it. That is the town he is from and lives in. Even if he was getting more what is wrong with that? How can u fault that? Wanting to improve himself? Just as Martin? U really r grasping at straws bud.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Crescent Job Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Job   Crescent Job Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Crescent Job
Page 1 of 1