A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Crescent Scrimmage

Go down 
AuthorMessage
matslap3

Crescent Scrimmage Empty
PostSubject: Crescent Scrimmage   Crescent Scrimmage Icon_minitimeSat 14 Nov - 4:04

Tonight Crescent, Pendleton and Walhalla wrestled at Crescent. Wasnt there but was told Pendleton looked much improved and had some great numbers, and that Walhalla didnt look much better than last year and Crescent a little better than last minus a few starters. Match of the night was Rankin and Whitfield with Rankin winning 8-6, both looked a little heavier than 119 though. Walhalla won against Crescent and Pendleton and Crescent beat Pendleton.
Back to top Go down

Crescent Scrimmage Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crescent Scrimmage   Crescent Scrimmage Icon_minitimeSun 15 Nov - 9:39

All I will say is watch out 2A wrestling. If Pendleton keeps this coaching staff in place I predict another Loris, Abbeville rise in the near future. In the past they could not field 14 wrestlers. I'll bet they had 30+ at Crescent (2 teams+) and I was told that was only about half of the vasity team. They now have coaches with college wrestling experience. The enthusiasm they demonstrated at a scrimmage was impressive. Pendleton has always been a sleeping giant with the athletes they have. The giant may be waking?! It will take a few years, but they look to be headed in the right direction. The Biano Humphries match was a good one.

Crescent must be missing some kids to football still. Crescent always has the big farm boys in the upper weights. Those bodies were missing. It is early but Walhalla and Crescent were both rather unimpressive to me. Certainly Abbeville looks to be the team to beat in the skyline.
Back to top Go down

Crescent Scrimmage
Page 1 of 1