A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abbeville wins State

Go down 
+6
lowleg
CU
NSwrestler(retired)
Lex L.
matslap
mlewis
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Fan 01

Abbeville wins State Empty
PostSubject: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb - 17:22

Abbeville beat Loris 31-22. Congrats Abbeville well deserved.
Back to top Go down
Kendell

PostSubject: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb - 17:53

What an upset. Does anyone have the results.
Back to top Go down
mlewis

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-01-25

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb - 21:04

Congrats to Coach Martin, assistant coaches and team. You guys raised your game and were very focused during the playoffs! This will be something you will always remember.
Back to top Go down
uppersta

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb - 22:36

Yall with the help of those upperstate refs. They stalled and cheated Loris out of 2 pins and stalled on 2 possible pins pretending to be hurt. As a ref, say it from and honest point of view. Grant Loris had it mishaps but the refs should be fair.
Back to top Go down
matslap

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb - 23:17

The refs? Give me a freaking break. Loris got BEAT!!!!Wait til you see the video of the matches and then say what you like. The head ref was a lower state ref bone head "Ashby" and the other one was also. Dont speak if you dont know. Congrats to Abbeville you earned it and thankyou for showing what sportsmanship it supposed to be, I do know of one team that doesnt set that example very well. Abbeville fans were many and LOUD like a Lion......
103 Lewis (A) pinned Griffin 6-3
112-Simmons (A)lost 18-3 Gore 6-8
119-Epps(A)lost 23-8 Brommell 6-13
125-Calkins(A)won 7-4 Cox 9-13
130-Tillman(A) won 9-4 White 12-13
135-Oaks (A) won 13-8 James 15-13
140-Cowan (A) won 8-6 Nichols 18-13
145-Tillman (A) lost 17-15 Jackson 18-16
152-Patterson (A) pinned McCray 24-16
160-Power (A) won 10-2 Richburg 28-16
171-Sherrard (A) lost by pin Morris 28-22
189-Sanders(A) won o/t 17-15 Soles 31-22 Final
215-Last match: double forfeit
285-Parnell (A) lost 11-4 Williams 0-3 1st Match
Back to top Go down
matslap

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb - 23:30

Abbeville got hit with a stall call at beginning of match for kneeling to pray, what a JOKE call, give me a break. I do hope Oaks gets to wrestle the James kid again and lets c if he is allowed to wrestles that same thuggish way and it not get called if he is at state. I will call it the way the video shows it.
Back to top Go down
Bill

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSat 14 Feb - 23:41

Congrads abbeville wrestlers.... GET YOU SOME... I loved the shirts......I was disappointed in the coaches from Loris, they did not even shake hands with a couple of people.
Did any one notice the paw on the front of the shirt that match Loris singlet on the back, and the back of the abbeville t-shirt, said get you some. i think abbeville gave Loris a little of their own medicane with the intimadation. I like the stare down at the beginning of the match, that just woke a sleeping giant. Key match up is when Abbeville wrestle tillman at 130 and oaks at 135....... oaks beat there captain, and they look shell shock :confused affraid ......

Abbeville only gave up one pin, and pin at 103 and 152. That was huge! Loris did not even look like they have been in the third period all year, and abbeville kids look well condition. Except Loris 135, he kept going and he was the only kid on that team that showed class by shaking everyone hand. He can wrestle with us anyday, the rest elephant
Back to top Go down
RAM

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 0:16

Great match could have went either way when yall won 125 - 140 took the life out of Loris.Great day of wrestling seen two great matches 2a and 4a. Abbeville fans were wild and had there team fired up.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 0:44

Sounds like a great event. Sorry I missed it.
Congrats Abbeville.

Any chance we can get the video up on the site?
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 0:52

Congrats to Abbeville, didn't think y'all had it in ya but I'm glad to have been wrong
Back to top Go down
hbk

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 1:13

alright matslap, "technique"?
explain.
Back to top Go down
Guest2

PostSubject: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 1:37

OK Matslap and Bill - yall have me confused. Bill said James was a good sport and well conditioned and could wrestle for abbeville any day. Matslap said he wrestled like a thug. How was it? Really? Yall are clearly both abbeville fans, but contradict each other.
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 2:17

I may be mistaken, but I always thought matslap was Oaks?
Back to top Go down
lowleg

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 2:35

Great match today both teams wrestled hard. ABB Came to wrestle there fans fired up I think that made a difference .Loris will rebound and come back strong they dont rebuild they reload.I think the Indv tournment will be some of the best wrestling yet.
Back to top Go down
financial guru

Number of posts : 32

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 2:53

Loris seemed not to have the enthusiasm like the past two years. They were very subdued between the matches early on. I guess they thought they had this match in the bag. They were a very physical team but their stategy of taking down and letting up just didn't work. They were terrible on top. Why did the 189 let up sanders with 38 seconds to go to tie the match instead of just riding him out for a possible win. Was Loris that confident or just not that skilled at wrestling on top? After they lost 125-140 you could tell that they were mentally whipped at that point. Congrats again to the Panthers.
Back to top Go down
morris

morris

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-01-23

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 11:29

i think that some of our wrestlers did not have there right and went out there sleeping but my boys will be comeing back strong
Back to top Go down
outsider

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 11:38

I think that instead of showing off your rings the night before, you should have been getting ready to get punched in the mouth. GO PANTHERS!!!!
Back to top Go down
RAM

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 12:13

Would not call 31-22 a punch in the mouth.Close match could have went either way.
Back to top Go down
outsider

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 12:15

Anytime a 2 time state winning team gets upset by a 5th year program its a punch in the mouth.
Back to top Go down
g

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 13:43

i see you panthers and your fans dont know it takes more than wining the match to be state champs i tell you right now we will be back
Back to top Go down
disappoi

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 14:57

i hate it when something good happens and one person can say something stupid or cocky and make the good thing look so cheap. one person can make a whole group look stupid. you know one person can't represent a whole group.
Back to top Go down
morris

morris

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 15:10

outsider
i pin your kid without trying so don't try to get buck
Back to top Go down
guest2

PostSubject: Abbeville wins   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 15:16

This is so true disappointed, but in this case in my opinion, BOTH programs could use a dose of humility at times. From the "we ready we ready" to "get you some shirts" to ice and gatorade all over the mat when the match is not even over. I could go on. The mental edge is very important in this sport for sure. Did Rock Hill or Eastside wrestlers talk trash on the boards prior the match? Did they make up antagonizing T-shirts or disrespect their opponents and the sport with premature celebrations? From my viewpoint Loris reverted some back into their ways of old, and Abbeville was no champion of professionalism. Both programs should remember for future reference...you reap what you sow.
Back to top Go down
AHSwrest

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 15:17

id like to congrat loris on a great season. they are the most physicall team i have wrestled against all year. and there was tough wrestling from both benches. what can you expect it the state championship? a punch in the mouth is not that true, no team dominated the match, i think we won 9 bouts to loris' 6 bouts so it was very close. im just happy we came out on top. good louck lions. hopefully we can meet again next year!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 15:18

the get you some shirt has been used since our first year. it was nothing new
Back to top Go down
guest2

PostSubject: Abbeville wins   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 15:32

That doesn't make it classy does it? Are you saying the paw on it was not intended to represent Loris? I at least iterpret it to say - "Hey Loris (paw) - Get U Some." One other abbeville poster said that was how it was intended? You had a great team this year. Congrats on your win! Celebrate today, and tomorrow start thinking about how to repeat after replacing 11 senior starters.
Back to top Go down
Get u su

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 15:45

GUEST 2,
You are a hater. You must be from Loris. Those shirts had nothing to do with us dissin loris the paw stand for a panther paw DUH. Now you can GET U SUM
Back to top Go down
ahS

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 15:47

Morris,
Who cares that you pin our kid and by the way he is only a first year wrestler. Great job you pinned a first year wrestler.....But who are the 2009 STATE CHAMPS...lol.

LORIS....REALLY?
Back to top Go down
guest2

PostSubject: Abbeville wins   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 16:00

I am clearly not a Loris fan. I am from the upstate. Read Bill's post above. He's an abbeville fan and he thought the same thing I did...DUH.
Back to top Go down
Pineapple Express

Registration date : 2008-08-07

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 16:38

Why didn't Glace wrestle in the finals? And is Tillman 145 really as good as Jackson? Or did Jackson wrestle bad? I have not seen either one of them wrestle
Back to top Go down
lion roa

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 16:43

Tillman is a great wrestler, i look forward to seeing a rematch at state. Anyways i though the Abbeville wrestlers were very respectful after the match and it seemed as though both teams respect one another. These are two powerhouse team who will meet again in the same situation. Good job Abbeville. and Lions keep your heads up and we will get em next year.
Back to top Go down
guest2

PostSubject: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 16:49

Lion, The paper said Loris loses 7 starters. Is that true? All starters?

I was curious why Abbeville FF at 189 too. In that situation I expected Glace to report and contribute to the win.

Tillman is a very good wrestler. Lewis from Crescent is just as good too. That weight will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
morris

morris

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 16:55

i was just saying don't act like i didn't come ready
Back to top Go down
guest///

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 18:46

so how interesting will 145 be. who is that lewis from crescent? can jackson beat creed? wat about broome's 145 how good is he?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 20:16

next year will be interesting.
what teams are losing a large amount of seniors?
what young team will rise up and make it to the finals next year?
Back to top Go down
matslap

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 23:11

The get u some u, has been in our program for quite some time not intended to offend or taunght but if one takes it that way "sorry" but the wrestlers on the team know who started it and what it means and for the t-shirt design a paw print of a lion and a panther might be similar well scholars out there ooopppsss. When do you think and why would we want to wear and pay for something another school has, inside the paw print is two wrestlers that a student designed for the team. Please speak with having complete knowledge of a subject or if you are not sure just dont assume, JUST ASK. And if you hear bout the strawberry pie? Well maybe on that question you may not get an answer, lol. I will say though it is STRAWBERRY PIE time, Boyz of Abbeville. Now, Come get u some!!!!!!! U see all things to have a meaning, one just might not always understand..... Lets all just love one another.....
Back to top Go down
matslap

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeSun 15 Feb - 23:21

See if you dont know ask. Question: If a wrestler has the head and a arm and is legal and if the defensive wrestler gets his arm out and the offensive wrestler is left with the head only isnt the match just stopped and restarted: without the offensive wrestler being pentalized with a TV1?
Back to top Go down
a'town

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb - 0:05

glace was going to wrestle 215 but coach martin sat him out when we had won the championship out right. he was ready but they just ended it with a double forfeit.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb - 0:11

feel bad for bryan, didnt even get to wrestle in the match he gets a ring for
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb - 10:20

matslap,

you are correct. If a defensive wrestler forces the offensive wrestler's normally legal hold into a legal hold the match will be stopped with no penalty point awarded. I know exactly what you are talking about in the 135 lbs match.

I can say that you guys had a pretty good ref...he just had an off day. They made some calls I didn't agree with on both sides. It was hilarious watching both coach's scratch their heads at some calls...especially Coach Britt with some of the phantom locking hands calls.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
champ

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb - 11:12

morris jus face it yall lost we dat heat "get u sum" so wat u beat our 1st year wrestler your whole team still lost to us so it dont matter..... yall boys should have been Sleep instead of flashing ur rings around the night before
Back to top Go down
Coach Ma

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb - 11:28

Congrads to both teams. Both teams went to battle and Loris earned my respect as a coach. It was a war and my kids came on top. That gym was pack, and it reminded me of the days in Kentucky when I wrestle. I wanted Abbeville to show class, and I did not want to run the score up on a great team that earn my respect saturday. My college wrestling coach always said, SHOW CLASS and the rest will take of it self. Example: It is kind of like scoring a third touchdown with one minute on the clock in football. We took a knee, it just happen to be Bryan.
Bryan has upper state, state and north south. Bryan is a big part of the program and understands sportmanship. Coach Martin, Botts, and Wertz loves each wrestler on abbeville team. Great Job Abbeville!
PS. The shirts where a donation from Steve jackson funnel home and Dr. Lewis, and they know nothing about Loris. It was a panther paw print and they see the shirt (get u some) I wear all of the time. Thanks for the shirts MR. Jackson and Dr. Lewis.

It was a tough road Broome, Gilbert, Walhalla and Loris. great job abbeville wrestlers.... All of those teams showed class!

Abbeville Fans thanks for your support.
Back to top Go down
morris

morris

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitimeMon 16 Feb - 12:03

good job yall won
but tell anybody to come get it the next two weeks
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville wins State   Abbeville wins State Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbeville wins State
Page 1 of 1