A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TEAM PALMETTO !!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Big Mout

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeTue 16 Mar - 0:36

The team Kan Monster if we south carolina get all them together this is how i drew it and we will be unstoppable.Every try to get this team right !!!! Evil or Very Mad
Akierrian Gilliam - Woodruff if he kan make but i rather have him.
J.J. Johnson - Hanahan kid is a wrestler no way around it .
(112) Emilio Uc-Tun - Ashley Ridge the kid real evil on the mat.
Ethan Nobles - Aynor Kid pretty soild so is the chesterfield kid
Now this (119)weight class is full !
Jamar GORE from loris should start the kid is a DAm good wrestler
Tyler Alley - Chesterfield and lets not forget alley beat Gore ,but gore won state
Blake Whitfield - Crescent he jus had a bad week at the state championship
Landis Hiers - Bamberg this kid is hell on the mat.
(125)Andrew Rankin - Walhalla
Jeremy Phillips - Woodruff
(130)Rashad Cunningham - Buford he looks like a 145
Adam Oaks - Abbeville a very good wrestler
Derek Geiges - Bishop England is a monster but lost to Oaks and cunningham
(135)Ian Harper - Chesterfield 4-time state champion
(140)LaQuandian Bromell - Loris is one of the best wrestler i seen through the years over 200 wins
Trevor Jones-Indian Land he end up pin bromell for the championship(yeah that was crazy)
(145)Franklin Crowley - Chesterfield crazy and funny but he bust ass!!!
and maybe Antonia Tillman of Abbeville.
(152)Elijah Burr - Chesterfield hands down
Montell White - Loris great shot !!
and Jonathan Dykes from Marion .
(160)Freshman had a great year
Jerelle Hannah - Chesterfield (Fr.)
Stephen Madden - Crescent
(171)Trey Leonard - Columbia and also Al Thomas from Bamberg-Ehrhardt .
(189)I didnt see any good 189lbs i guess Bamberg kid.
(215) Really piss me off this year!!! GRANDY should have went i want he to wrestle on this team.BUt Antonio Barron - Landrum is mean as ****!!!
Dillon Callaham - Palmetto he good wrestler but not better than LANDRUM
(285)Kendrick butler-Loris He's a HELL of a wrestler @ HWT
Marcus Ovalle of Chesnee who won the state but probbly 300lb right now!!
king Thats who we need to get for this team we would champion like LORIS and Chesterfield lol!
Back to top Go down
Home Sli

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeTue 16 Mar - 8:14

Yo yo yo. No 3a or 4a guys for Team Palmetto? Sounds weak. Most of those you mentioned are seniors that are either done for good, or will never come close to their in season weights. Others may be starting freestyle. So that list is not likely. Way to stay loyal to 1a/2a though.

Word all around.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeTue 16 Mar - 15:04

well there is a 1a/2a team. some of the best wrestlers on this list will be on the allstar travel team though
Back to top Go down
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeTue 16 Mar - 15:14

Yeah, kids that can travel and get picked to Team Palmetto travel squad will be on that team. The remaing kids that sent in applications will be sent to the appropiate teams....1A/2A, 3A, and 4A teams. Coach Martin and I think Caoch Slaughter will be picking remaing 1A/2A team members.... I heard there may even be two 1A/2A teams. There has been a tremendous turnout of 1A/2A guys. I think the 1A/2A team will be loaded.

So the teams are:
Team Palmetto (Travel Squad) - This team gets first pick of kids that can travel...any division.
4A - this team is made up of 4A kids that will just compete at Palmetto Duals
3A- this team is made up of #A kids that will just compete at Palmetto Duals
1A/2A - this team is made up of 1A/2A kids that will just compete at Palmetto Duals
(possibly two of these)

The remaining kids will be distributed to house teams.

And all SC teams better get ready!!!! Michigan and NC are coming LOADED!!!!!!

And again, there is no entry fee. ALL SC WRESTLERS WRESTLE FOR FREE!!!!!

Come on and have some fun!!!!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeTue 16 Mar - 16:05

Mike,

I am helping with the travel team. 1A/2A is Martin and Gary Oaks I think I was told. We are working on getting the travel team together now.

Slaughter
Back to top Go down
mksanders

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 8:21

Great!!!!

Thanks Coach!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 13:08

The following wrestlers have been chosen to represent their schools on this year's Team Palmetto Travel Team that will compete at Palmetto Duals on April 2-4, Ohio Tournament of Champions April 23-25, and Disney Duals on June 24-29.

100 Louis Biles Irmo
Cortez Starks Greenville

105 Paul Stewart Seneca
Trevor Clinkscales BHP

115 Kyle Lowe BHP

120 Tyler Alley Chesterfield

125 Lane Walling Bamberg
Jared Maltby Chesterfield

130 Andrew Rankin Walhalla

135 Weston Beck Rock Hill
Player Long Bamberg

142 Nate Polly Chapin
Seth Beck Rock Hill

150 Franklin CrowleyChesterfield

160 Dylan Lawson Union Co
Jerelle Hannah Chesterfield
Brian Ettari Riverside

171 Jonathan SchaveyRock Hill
Alex Moralas Lexington

189 TJ Dudley Irmo
Max Konczal Byrnes

220 Dillon Holliday Abbeville

285 John Mudd Abbeville
Back to top Go down
AllTheWa

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: ?   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 13:32

Did some of the wrestlers not want to wrestle? How is this team chosen?...gotta pay to be on it or something?
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 13:34

the kids that want to participate send in an application and the team is chosen out of those applications.
Back to top Go down
AllTheWa

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: ?   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 13:45

Oh ok...i was just wondering bc some of those classes have guys that didn't place. wasn't sure how that worked. For Ex: the Long kid at 135 is an awesome fresh but u got Harper and the chesnee kid who both walked to the finals. I dunno..things work funny in 1A/2A. I figured harper wouldn't wrestle in it but i know for a fact Long couldn't wrestle with Martin. TAKE THE BEST...STOP THE BUDDY SYSTEM PLEASE!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 13:56

has nothing to do with the "Buddy System" as you so eloquently put it. Some kids have other sports after wrestling. Some kids didn't apply. There's a commitment level that is involved with being selected for Team Palmetto, any kid that could not commit to all three events was not chosen. I don't know anything about the chesnee kid, we had a kid that is a great wrestler that could not participate because of baseball. If the chesnee kid or any other kid would have sent in an application they would have been considered just as much as any of the kids who were selected.
Back to top Go down
AllTheWa

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: K   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 14:00

GOOD LUCK!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 14:01

Thanks Pal.....and we appreciate your input.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 14:12

ok let me preface this by saying.....I don't take offense.....I'm not getting tore up about the "Buddy System" comment. Just trying to give a little light on the subject.

Also, I have nothing to do with the selection of the HS team. Never have.

I have been prevy why certain kids were on a team and not another. Most of the time it's just as simple as kids not applying...not wanting to do it. Nothing wrong with that. Not that my son would have been picked but he was ready for a break. He wrestled close to 70 matches. Over 40 against out of state competition. And this amazing thing happened.......he wasn't selected. Coaches can only take the kids that want to be there. It's sometimes better to take a less decorated kid than a kid that won't go. I have begged the Harps to go every year. But I understand when they decline. Heck my son declined. I understand. But I promise you Long will win AS MANY......if not more matches than IHARP.....Cause IHARP will not go. lol RIGHT?

I was asked once why don't HS kids have a wrestle off. We used to.....but what we found was kids would show up to wrestle off. Saw a great Oddo/Humphries match. We would pay thousands of dollars in entry fees. Then the HS kids become uncommitted....then we show up at a National duals with about 6 or 7 kids. Looked very bad for our State team. Not to mention very unfair for the kids that did committ. So we decided to make kids and or coach to committ a little more. At least by paper.
Back to top Go down
Coach Br

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: team palmetto   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 14:19

Like Coach Slaughter said, all coaches were sent an application that needed to come back to me. The only 1a/2a coaches that responded were Abbeville, Bamberg, Chesterfield, and Walhalla. So before you start bashing a system, you need to know the facts.

The problem with choosing this team is that kids like to do other things, they play baseball, golf, soccer. Especially at the small school level. they cant quit on their new team to go to ohio and wrestle.

We took the best kids that wanted to do it, plain and simple. if you think a kid is better, then chances are he didnt apply to do it.
Back to top Go down
bamf

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 14:57

team palmetto is 2,3, and 4a. I hope u dont seriously think burr can beat out hunnicutt if he were to try out.... psssh hahahah
Back to top Go down
outsider

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 17:38

Come on AllThe Way be real there are no politics involved in this . Kids that want to wrong put in, kids that don't move on to next sport. Get a life look at the list Wrestling is the main sport for all the kids.

Beside every coach that is helping with TP this year had to have someone off their team, because NONE is tall enough to see over the steering wheel Laughing Laughing

Cain Beard
Cody Slaughter
Kyle Kimrey
cheers cheers cheers

THERE WAS NO HEIGHT REQUIREMENT FOR COACH THIS YEAR!!!!!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeWed 17 Mar - 18:51

I can't speak for the others, but I do have trouble seeing over the steering wheel from time to time.
Back to top Go down
guest1

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar - 1:10

CJS - when will the 1A-2A, 3A and 4A teams be announced?
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar - 1:51

I'd like to see the team palmetto deal advertised a little better in the future, maybe distribute info at the state tournament in a very visible way or something, I feel like a lot of wrestlers don't even know something like this exists, I wouldn't know about it if I didn't follow this message board
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitimeThu 18 Mar - 7:58

I'm not sure when the other teams will be announced. Once the other coaches can fill a team, I'm sure it will be announced. I don't even know how much interest any of the teams have gotten.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO !!!!   TEAM PALMETTO !!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TEAM PALMETTO !!!!
Page 1 of 1