A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Team Palmetto 2A ???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Team Palmetto 2A ??? Empty
PostSubject: Team Palmetto 2A ???   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb - 11:13

Who will represent 2A at the Palmetto Duals March13-15????

I will take some guesses??? You guys will know better than me.
I am thinking not only best wrestlers in 2A.....but who will wrestle...and who won't get picked on All-Star(travel ) Team

Remember you get a 5 pound allowance at Palmetto Duals

103 Gilliam/Alley(If not Skiing)
112 Geiges(BE)
119 Rankin(Wal)
125 Oaks(A)
130 Burr(CH)
135 Flynn(WF)
140 Cowan(A)
145 Jackson(L)
152 Robinson(CH)
160 ???
171 Morris(L)
189 Glace(A)
215 Grandy(WF)
HWT Heddedn(Wal)

Not a bad line up?

What do yo think Tannery/Duncan????

LEX.....Geiges can make 112(+5) right?

Taking a guess Newton and IHARP would get picked on All Star Star Team
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Team Palmetto 2A ???   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb - 13:09

Check your email Mike.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Team Palmetto 2A ???   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb - 14:12

lex.....shoot me one at mike.sanders@fluor.com
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Team Palmetto 2A ???   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb - 15:40

at 160 I'd say probably the kid from Gilbert, but we'll probably have a much better idea after this weekend
Back to top Go down
Buckwheat

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-17

PostSubject: Re: Team Palmetto 2A ???   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeThu 19 Feb - 21:19

Geiges is your pick for TP 112 (117). It may be more debateable if the weight was 112, but at 117 I take Geiges over Beck any day. Y'all need to focus on who is the best wrestler at each weight - not which kid has the most A's.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Team Palmetto 2A ???   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb - 10:03

It is certainly debateable.

Oh but first let me make one thing clear. I am not part of the deciding factor on who gets on what team. Not my call. lol.....don't want that call.T hat is why I assign that to the coaches.

And no the one making the call will not be a coach from the school with the most As beside it. The travel team coach will be a coach from 3A this year.

These are just my personal thoughts and hey....I have been wrong before. This is just my opinion. And really just want 2A to have a good showing at the Palmetto Duals.

Think I got IHARP and Newton on my first choice team. Don't think your "number of As bias" point really applies.

And Geiges could very easily be on the travel team at 112??? I was just going by what little bit I could remember....lol....and this could be wrong so correct me if I am.

Here was my thought....I know it not 100% accurate but isn't the head to head something like this?
Beck pinned James(I understand James was sick this day but still)....then I thought James beat Geiges? Is this not correct?

If Geiges or any 2A wrestler gets to the Palmetto duals and feels they were wrongly snubbed the this would be your day to show/prove to the coaches they made a mistake.
Back to top Go down
Buckwheat

PostSubject: Team 2A   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb - 10:38

Mike...wow...that is not a head to head is it? I think that is a common opponent wrestled over a year ago. I just think the coaches have to be objective in these decisions. Geiges has wrestled a heavier weight class all year. He can handle it. Beck has not. If we use the third party head to head (AKA common opponent) this would be a never ending process. Here's an example... at 119 Bugarin beat Hansen right? Bugarin then BARELY squeaked by on a 1 point win over Tyndale from Lexington in the playoffs...right? I know the 2A 119s that absolutely raped Tyndale this year (one was a TF I believe). So these 2A kids must be way better than Bugarin and therefore are better than Hansen...right? See my point about that approach? And these matches I mention just happened...right? Also, that supposed head to head between Geiges and James you mention - wasn't that over a year ago? Geiges would demolish James right now. Good debates. We don't have to agree. No disrespect intended at all. I'm sure the coaches will do their best. No way to remove the As bias, but that's ok. Regardless, with 4 teams about everyone who is deserving and wants to wrestle should get to so it really is not such a big deal. Great job on Team Palmetto!
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: TP 2A   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb - 11:14

I meant common opponent.....not head to head. Sorry.

But ok here is the bottom line.....I was just giving my opinion. My opinion I would take Beck no matter of As. Same way I took IHARP and Newton.....not ooking at As... Those kids are GOOD!!!! And I am basing this on what I have seen from them wrestling. In IHARP's case years and years of wrestling....hahahaha

I do agree you can go round and round about common apponents. I tried to get across you can't always count on that. I know that.

But since there is not a history of head to head......nor even a recent head to head. That is all we got right now.....and our opinion.

Btw...has Rankin and Geiges wrestled lately?

But this was just my opinion. I very easily could be wrong....lol.... isn't the first nor will be the last. But here is a venue Geiges and ALL 2A guys that feel they don't get the respect they deserve to come out and prove it. Come beat Beck....come beat Coles.....etc.....and it's free. Come to AAU States...if you are state HS placer that is free as well. I know Oaks showed out there last year.

How great would it be for the 2A team to win the Palmetto Duals over the SC All Stars/SC 4A/SC 3A...FL All Stars two NC teams.....WOW...that would be impressive!!!
Back to top Go down
Buckwheat

PostSubject: TP 2A   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb - 16:40

Will the 1A-2A team wrestle all the other SC teams?
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Team Palmetto 2A ???   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeFri 20 Feb - 17:00

ABSOLUTELY!!!!!

That is why it almost like a try-out. The teams will be picked.....but proven on the mat. ALL SC teams will wrestle each other! They will also wrestle the FL and NC Teams.

By the way I moved Tannery and Duncan to the 3A team with Coach Joran of West Oak. And Coach Martin has agreed to Coach the 2A team. Thanks Coach Martin!!!!
Back to top Go down
Buckwheat

PostSubject: Team Palmetto 2A   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitimeSat 21 Feb - 1:41

Mike,

I think I did a poor job getting my main point across with the example I used. My main point was not necessarily intended to be is Geiges better or is Beck better. It is a tossup. I would still pick Geiges, but my main point of emphasis was lost in my inartful explanation. My main point was which is better at 117 pounds? SC kids are well known for not showing up at big level tournaments in the right weight class. I believe our kids haven't competed enough at national level events to get this down - inexperience. Let me try this example to better explain my position - For Team Palmetto the 103 weight class will be 108... 112 will be 117...right? The weighins will be the day before only...right? Those are my assumptions and if I have them wrong you can correct me. Under that scenario, Beck is a 108 pounder on my team, if he wants to wrestle. Rholetter is a 117, if he wants to wrestle, etc. Beck has weight certified and made 112 all year. He should cut the 4 pounds to make a day before weighin easy. Now, is Beck one heckuva a stud at 103? You darn tootin. We don't know what he can do bumping up the weight at 117. He'll be wrestling kids one weight class heavier than he has all year long... guaranteed. Chances are he will go from excelling to being average. That was why I said I'd pick Geiges. He has wrestled heavy all year and has shown he can handle it. In fact, Rholetter should go 112 = 117. Again, he has weight certified at 119 and made scratch. He only has to cut from 119 to 117. Is there any doubt Rholetter would be stronger than Beck at 117? That's a no-brainer. My take home point is get these SC kids in the right weight class to compete on the big stage...Baker at 119 = 124, Coles at 130 = 135, etc. Just one guys opinion and you know what they say about opinions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team Palmetto 2A ???   Team Palmetto 2A ??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Team Palmetto 2A ???
Page 1 of 1