A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

This board is dead...

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
guest1

This board is dead... Empty
PostSubject: This board is dead...   This board is dead... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar - 15:58

No chatter at all. How about some talk about what everyone is doing in the off-season? How long a recovery for Geiges, Lex? Will Harper follow his bro to Anderson or does he have bigger and better things? Any other 1A-2A kids planning to wrestle in college, etc. This cold turkey deal is tough.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: This board is dead...   This board is dead... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar - 17:54

Probably a little burn out. This season in particular seemed long because of all of the controversy at the end of the season.

Geiges is still in a cast. He is supposed to get it off this week and will start therapy. He is going to try to compete in the Dog Bowl at Hanahan on March 27th. He will be wrestling freestyle/greco with Pit Bull Club in all the tournaments we go to leading up to Southeast Regionals. Derek reports to Oklahoma at the beginning of June. He will be competing at Fargo in late July.

LSO would be be better suited to answer about Ian. Last I was told was that he will be joining his bro at Anderson.

I'm not sure about the other 1a/2a wrestlers and what they are doing or if anyone signed with anyone. Pitbull had it's first practice this past Thursday and we had right at 20 kids with about 5-6 others that are starting this week. Hanahan seems to be committed to improving in the offseason. The bulk of our club come from Hanahan.

As for other kids in the state that I know of:
Patrick Mestrezx signed to wrestle at Belmont Abbey
Eli Ashby signed with the Citadel
Sonny Bugarin signed with Newberry

And one else have anything.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: This board is dead...   This board is dead... Icon_minitimeSun 14 Mar - 18:24

TCTC did well at the Nuway State Championships this weekend, wrestling four 8th graders in the high school division and placing 2 of them. Not sure about how many where in their bracket but these kids are making great strides and with a strong offseason will be recognizable names come next February. I wasn't there so I cannot comment on brackets or other A-AA kids.

112- Luke Curtis (8th) placed 4th.
119- Adam Crowley (8th) placed 4th
119- Anthony Burch (8th) 1-2?
125- Jared Matlby placed 2nd
130- Tyler Alley placed 1st
160- Franklin Crowley placed 4th?
171- Jerelle Hannah placed 2nd

Franklin lost in the semis in 3OT to Dylan Lawson, forced to wrestle-back 15 minutes later and tanked. Jerelle got caught in a top-spladle. Maltby ran into Jacob Mitchell in the finals. Not sure about any of Alley's matches.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
Mat Fan

PostSubject: Re: This board is dead...   This board is dead... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar - 9:29

Not bad for the TCTC. This is some exciting times and could be a special group especially if they can get more participation along with some additional support from the community. This is the feeder for the Golden Rams and the life blood for the program. Great job guys and keep up the great work during the off season. geek
Back to top Go down
martin

PostSubject: update   This board is dead... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar - 10:53

Antonio Tillman 3rd at 160...
Back to top Go down
Martin

PostSubject: update   This board is dead... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar - 10:57

Antonio Tillman and Jarrett Humpries are going to SMC next year. Adam Oaks is thinking about attending SMC also or going to Lander.. I personaly love my kids going to SMC, great coach and these kids are wrestling a lot of matches and travel all over. Hopefully, after those two years someone will pick them up.... That coach does a good job getting them to a different school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Nuway state   This board is dead... Icon_minitimeMon 15 Mar - 11:44

Did anyone see the Emerald kid at M/S HWT. This kid is '6-3' 225 lbs in the 7th grade and 12 years old. He won M/S state at Lexington and won state Saturday. Saturday I don't think he went passed the first period. He will also be wrestling for Team Palmetto. This kid has a bright future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This board is dead...   This board is dead... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This board is dead...
Page 1 of 1