A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SCmat rankings?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan - 21:08

i want to know how Abbeville is ranked 2 in the state but only has two ranked wrestlers in the individual rankings???
Back to top Go down
Fogle

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan - 21:28

Because they are a very tough young team that is only getting better each week. They probably should be #1 instead of #2. Just knocked off Chesterfield and Hanahan this weekend. Would do the same to Loris too. Who should be ranked higher?
Back to top Go down

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan - 21:40

i think Alex Oaks, at 112, he beat brule this weekend. Adam Oaks at 130 and not 135. Jarret Humphries possibly in there at 135. Dillon Holliday at 189. Christian Enwright maybe at 215. And John Mudd maybe at HWT.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan - 21:57

KEEP THIS UP....I NEED INFO FOR RANKINGS.

LSO
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
Oaks

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan - 22:01

I can see where you are coming from. Our young wrestlers are starting to learn their part on our team. Staying off their back. If our studs can be studs, and continue to get pins and our young guys only give up 3 we win.
On another note we should have more ranked wrestlers.
112-My brother is turning the corner. possible SQ
119-Manning is a senior with exp
125-Simmons has his days. maybe a SQ
130-myself, somewhere in the mix. alot of good wrestlers there
135-Humphries is improved
145-Tillman
160-Ellis took Nathan from walhalla to the wire. should be SQ
189-Dillion is a def worthy to be ranked
215-Enwright....wow. first year wrestler. with his skill is amazing
HWT-mudd is also worthy of a ranking

and as for knocking off chesterfield....they had a few guys out, but so did we. coulda gone either way
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan - 23:29

Abbeville really wrestled well this past weekend. I think they will have plenty of state qualifiers. SCMAT probably did not rank them just because they do not know how the individuals do against others. It has been a difficult year getting individual results from most people this year. That realistically has more to do with it than anything.
Back to top Go down
lowleg

Number of posts : 45

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeMon 25 Jan - 23:56

Chesterfield was not at full strength but every team has kids out .I think with our full line up we would be okay except Riverside they beat us handly 2 years in row.Dual matches is all about how you match up and they match up good with us.We still are giving up to many pins.
Back to top Go down
matslap3

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan - 2:04

A team in duals competition does not need ranked wrestlers to win.....A team winning a state duals title may not even have a state individual champ. Come on to who ever asked that question especially bout a 1A or 2A team. Normally (except Chesterfield) one doesnt have that high caliber of wrestler through out their line up. Then you figure in the fact that some kids over achieve in the team environment because they have 13 other team members depending on them. Remember these rankings are done on information gathered and a lot of match ups and info. just doesnt make it into those hands. How did Crescent beat Woodruff last yr. Had everything to do with match ups. Just a few more days left til those questions are answered and rankings dont mean squat. When seeding is done for duals and individual state (upper and lower) the coaches present with have info on hand and not one coach will say "but my kid is ranked on sc2a or scmat". Cause I DOES NOT MATTER.
Back to top Go down
lowleg

Number of posts : 45

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan - 2:32

Chesterfied has been lucky in the past to put quality kids in each weight class we did not have a strong middle school last year and it shows.We have almost always struggled with our upper weights.I am excited for the furture with 160 and up will be returning next year.We had 6 kids last week in the jv finals that will step in and help next year plus a little Crowley and a Curtis.
Back to top Go down

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitimeTue 26 Jan - 11:37

You may want to wait on rankings until Saturday. The skyline has their region individual tourn. Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SCmat rankings? Empty
PostSubject: Re: SCmat rankings?   SCmat rankings? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SCmat rankings?
Page 1 of 1