A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emerald vs Abbeville tonight

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Shake 'n

Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Empty
PostSubject: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan - 10:49

I am an Emerald fan but don't see Abbeville losing this one. Emerald has six freshman in the starting line-up and Abbeville has eleven seniors in the starting line-up. The plus about the match is the match ups. Johnson Emerald vs. Cowan Abbeville at 140 and Stiefle Emerald vs Patterson Abbeville at 152. Both of these matches could be previews for the upperstate champ. These two matches will be fun to watch. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan - 16:03

Some Decent matchups here, but like you said Abbeville isnt likely to lose this one. Didn't realize A-town was even more senior-heavy than 96 last year (we had 10 seniors)
Back to top Go down
Shake &a

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan - 16:28

NSWrestler what is you thoughts on those match-ups?
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan - 16:35

My assessment probably isnt very accurate because I've seen more of Abbeville than I have of Emerald, but Cowan and Patterson are both very physical wrestlers where the Emerald guys tend to be a little more on the finesse side. I lean towards Abbeville on both of these matches, but Johnson and especially Steifle can pull out wins if they capitalize on mistakes.
Back to top Go down
Shake 'n

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan - 16:41

I agree with you that both Cowan and Patterson are going to be stronger than Johnson and Stiefle, but I believe technique wins in close matches. Not tring to be bias but I feel the Emerald boys will win these two matches.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan - 16:48

Like i said, havent seen emerald as much this year, and you're right technique usually does win close matches, but its a question of how much technique you need to make up for the strength difference. I was a very weak wrestler for my weightclass and still made it to state, so believe me when i say I know that technique wins out. I still give the Abbeville kids the edge, but only time will tell. The Emerald guys have to be patient and wait for openings while not digging a hole for themselves early because I dont see anyone getting quick pins in those 2 matchups
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan - 19:34

I look forward to seeing the results of this one. Being from 96, I don't like either Emerald or Abbeville as overall teams, but I do have friends on each squad. Please post the match results ASAP Shake 'n
Back to top Go down
AHS

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeThu 22 Jan - 23:52

Abbeville 61
Emerald 13

103-Lewis pinned Emerald
112-Simmons pinned Emerald
119-Epps dec. Emerald
125-Oaks pinned Emerald
130-Humphries pinned Emerald
135-Tillman pinned Emerald
140-Cowans dec Emerald
145-Tillman pinned Emerald
152-Steifle dec Patterson OT
160-Emerald pinned Sherad
171-Newton dec. Sanders 10-2
189-Powers pinned Emerald
215-Glace dec. Emerald
HWT-Abbeville by FFT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan - 0:15

oaks at 125?
Back to top Go down
iWrestle

iWrestle

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan - 0:57

correct!
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitimeFri 23 Jan - 1:39

so zane bumped and won by major? how good is the Abbeville '71?
and good call on those 2 matches Shak'n, One decision for Abbeville and an OT decision for emerald
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emerald vs Abbeville tonight   Emerald vs Abbeville tonight Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emerald vs Abbeville tonight
Page 1 of 1