A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Emerald/96/Walhalla

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wrestle

Emerald/96/Walhalla Empty
PostSubject: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan - 10:32

Anyone at these matches? Heard there was some conflicts; anybody got any input!
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan - 15:34

I'll check with my sources on the 96 team and see what I can find out
Back to top Go down
DRANK

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 27 Jan - 15:46

I was there for the first 2 matches. Walhalla beat Emerald something like 49 - 18 or thereabouts. The reffing was very shaky, but the kid is very young. You could tell he was trying hard and worked hard to stay in position, but just needs some experience to get better.

The second match was 96 and walhalla. 96 won 50 something to 20 something after a controversial DQ which ended in the walhalla coach forfeiting the rest of the matches.
Back to top Go down
matslap3

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan - 1:27

who was it that got dq'd do you know?
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan - 15:37

matslap3, according to my sources it was the 160, pulled a guillotine too far (not sure if it was his 3rd illegal move or what) the result of that match apparently put 96 far enough ahead to guarantee the win and Walhalla forfeited its remaining weight classes for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan - 23:51

Nothing illegal about a guillotine but it has become very hard to run that move anymore. I can scarcely remember the last time I saw a ref not stop even a properly run guillotine. In SC if you get put in a guillotine all you have to do is grimmace or let out a grunt as if hurt when you are getting turned and the refs WILL stop it EVERY time. Our pansy lifestyle has invaded our wrestling?

The Walhalla kid was running a guillotine. The kid grunted and the ref immediately blew his whistle. The walhlla kid continued back to what i would call the "echo of the whistle." While it appeared anything but flagrant, one could certainly argue it could have been called a technical violation. That is a very debateable point. however, it was not called a technical violation and the walhalla kid was not DQed until after the 96 coach had yelled at the ref asking for a DQ for 10 minutes. The kid was running the guillotine over very fast and when the whistle blew he continued just a bit on his momentum. The ref initially called it potentially dangerous. The 96 coach went berzerk and started screaming at the official that he had to DQ the walhalla kid. After about 10 minutes of this the young official caved in and changed his call and DQ the kid. By this time the 96 kid was beebopping around ready to wrestle again. I've never seen a ref change a major call like that to appease a coach. I have seen the a coach actually referee a match for a ref, including turning the score too, but never seen a call change after 10 minutes before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeThu 28 Jan - 23:58

Correction - the ref did not initially call it PD. He called for injury time.
Back to top Go down
hairyzeb

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan - 2:08

Actually the 96 kid wasn't fine to wrestle he forfeited his next match to Emerald. The wahalla kid was DQed when 96 couldn't continue. And watching the match I would say the kid continued after the whistle. IMO It warranted a penalty. Just my opinion though.
Back to top Go down
Truth

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeFri 29 Jan - 11:20

Lets clear up a few things. First off, I don't agree that ALL refs will stop the move because someone grunts, but a refs job is to protect the wrestlers. In some instances, a split second delay can result in injury, so its the refs job in most case to anticipate the potential for injury. Sometimes that means the call is made quicker that other times. Purposely extending a joint beyond its normal range of movement is an illegal move, not a technical violation. If the ref felt that the wrestler had purposely extended the arm in this way, he should have called it illegal which would have resulted in recovery time and if after 2 minutes the wrestler couldn't continue he would have been awarded the match. There a two frequent situations that happen that cause the guillotine to be potentially dangerous; the arm is extended upward towards the head, or the bottom wrestler, because of the grapevine, cannot turn to relieve the pressure being applied. These are the two common causes for the move to become potentially dangerous. In my opinion, the ref should not have changed his call, he should have stayed with the potentially dangerous call; its a judgement call made at the time of the incident and he should have stuck with his initial judgement.
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb - 15:17

IF the move was not illegal, then it is called potentially dangerous. I have seen numerous instances where a wrestler was stopped with even a legal move because of the potential for an injury to occur. Just like when a match is stopped because a knee is bent funny when the wrestlers are technically still in neutral. IF the move was illegal, then it warrants a DQ' of the wrestler who did the move. If it was only potentially dangerous with nothing illegal conducted by the offensive wrestler, then it is simply a medical FF. I was not there, but this particular case would depend on whether the ref called potentially dangerous or techinical violation or unnecessary roughness.
Back to top Go down
The Fact

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitimeTue 2 Feb - 15:28

This particular case: action stop and the wrestle continue after the whistle intend to hurt. It was P D and action stop. Then the wrestler jerks the arm up intent to hurt the other wrestler. Nobody is putting this information out there..... It was a great call by a young ref!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Emerald/96/Walhalla   Emerald/96/Walhalla Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Emerald/96/Walhalla
Page 1 of 1