A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Empty
PostSubject: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr - 11:30

864-436-1572
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr - 11:57

so what teams will be at the Palmetto Duals Question
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr - 14:06

Michigan
NC
FL
Team Palmetto
4A
3A
2A/1A
House Team
Swansea

And a partial team from Easton PA

5+ Fargo All Americans
10+ HS All Americans
Boat Load of State Champs
Many State Placers

Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeTue 12 Apr - 14:14

Great opportunity for SC wrestlers. And it's free for wrestlers

I think the 4A and 3A teams are going to be very formidable. Team Palmetto may be pushed by those two teams. Michigan has won it the past two years. Will be interesting to see if Team Palmetto can compete with them this year.

How is the 2A/1A team looking?

I think you will see some great matches. Probably be some upsets.

I am not sure NC will bring the hammer team they had last year.

I wish PA could have brought a full team. Almost had Blair on list.

Now just keep your fingers crossed there are not any no shows. This time of year it is hard to count 100% on teams.
Back to top Go down
kh83/87

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr - 8:22

For Clarification:
When you mention these other states, do you mean that there is a group of kids coming from these states or did you intend to make it sound like they are official state teams?

In Florida, they have the Father Devine Open and Juniors Duals this weekend. Historically tough event. I'm guessing the tough South Florida kids will be there including Brandon. In NC, they have the Tarheel Classic. Another tournament with a long history. I'm guessing the bulk of their best will be there as well as a lot of tough kids from nearby states.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr - 10:02

1A/2A Team is going to be ok. Mostly Bamberg, Columbia, and Crescent Kids. Might have a Marion kid, but not sure. Having trouble getting coaches to respond.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr - 10:06

For Clarification it kids or teams from these states.

Some states don't have an official "State Team"????????

Example 1
Blair wouldn't be a "state team" but I garuantee you they would be as good any "state team" out there. But for simplicity when I was running the tournament....on the bracket I would have just wrote NJ.

Example 2:
The NC team that came down last was one heck of a team...... Was it a "State Team"? But the team placed high at Disney duals and was the best team in NC! Almost all State champs. Many D1 recruits and signees.

Example 3:
The team from MI is not their "state team". Michigan has many state teams. But this team has been run by the same guy for 6 years and has placed as high as 2nd and Disney Duals with mant top 10 and top 5 finishes. "State Team" ???? eh depends on your definition. But come out and see them. Great Team with many kids nationally ranked. Their coach is suppose to be sending credentials. But he was going down the list and I think I remember him saying his 189 was ranked #2 in the country. Another kid ranked #5 etc.

Now for SC Team Palmetto our official state team is going to be there.

kh83/87......have you been to Tarheel Classic?
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr - 15:22

In all fairness, this time of year one would be hard pressed not to find some sort of solid tournament coinciding with another one. Two weks ago NHSCA Nationals, FloNationals, and USA Nationals were all going on at the same time. This time of year, the bulk of the talented kids are wrestling in the off season be it folkstyle or freestyle/greco.

The Palmetto Duals will have a lot of solid kids from multiple states. It will be a good tournament for anyone to attend. If you can't get past the "State Teams" thing, then look at it as an opportunity for our in state guys to compete against quality people from other states.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeWed 13 Apr - 16:23

Heck if nothing else it's a chance for kids to see wrestler's they have never seen before....from their own state.

I can think of some great 2A wrestlers that are probably chomping at the bit to beat up on some 4A and 3A kids. Bet Long and Heirs will do very well this weekend(I am assuming they are wrestling?)

Also,I would have loved to seen the Hanahan AAs against some other SC AAs. Like Johnson v Wigger or Flores v Wilson.

Hey Lex....... what if we did a folkstyle duals tournament on Sat and Freestyle Duals on Sunday next year???? THAT WOULD BE FUN!!!!!

Not sure if some SC wrestlers could hold up to 15-20 matches over a weekend tho??? Not on this level.

Right now everyone will be wrestling 8 matches on Saturday.

Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 0:00

I've been trying to get you to organize a freestyle/greco duals for how many years now????

If you build it, we will come.

JJ/Wigger looks to be a pipe dream unless Jordan becomes anorexic. They are 20-25 lbs away from each other, yet may end up at the same weight at SE Reg/Fargo-105. I'm guessing Jordan will be up at 119 though for scouts/recruiting.

I don't know where Wilson is. Flores is in the 160's currently.
I have a secret weapon in the club that is scary...check some of our highlight videos.

My kids are fine with 10 matches a day. I'd be worried about the other nancy's though.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 9:19

Wigger/JJ may not be that far away??? Maybe they are? They both wrestled 112 in VA Beach. I think Wilson is still 52....from what he told my son. But even if Fores went 60 there would have been some great matches on Sat. I think the Michigan 160 is nationally ranked and then you have Keenan Jackson and Daniel Bannister. Would have been fun!

OK Lex........ so you wanna tag team the Palmetto duals for next year with me?

Folk on Sat.....Free on Sun???

I will run Sat...You run Sun. Or Nuway gets refs on Sat...USA gets refs on Sun...... Something along these lines

I can prolly get Citadel next year. Just basically have to take whatever date they give us. Michigan loves coming down to our beaches.

We could say SC kids that do both wrestle for free. $15 donation to Travel Team Palmetto if you only do one style???

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 9:27

Hiers won't be there, he has a baseball game. Long will be there, but not sure he wants to be. He's expressed his displeasure with me for asking him to go. Had JJ and Brule, but they are unable to make it because Pitbull had already paid hotel deposits. Nelson, Harper, Thompson from Columbia are coming. Walling will be there as well as Moody. So our two champs and runner up will be wrestling plus our 103.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 11:20

MK,
Let's work on that for next year. If we could add Greco to the Freestyle day....That would be great.
JJ was walking around at 112 and did not cut for Soph Nationals. I know /Jordan is VERY GOOD at cutting a ton of weight. I believe he wrestled 119 at Jr. Nationals. They said you were not allowed to wrestle at a weight you did not compete at during the high school season. That being said, if we were dueling, we would try to get JJ that match up just to see where he is at. Right now, Jordan is the standard in state in my opinion.

cjs53,
I don't know who gave you that misinformation about JJ. He was never going to the Palmetto Duals though. He is a lot like Geiges persoanlity-wise and freestyle is where his heart is at. Whoever told you that he was going was not speaking for JJ.
I believe Brule was going there with his dad. He is nursing a knee injury though. I don't know what his status is for that tournament.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 13:19

Lex,
We could put our heads together on the Greco(my fav style). ????? What a weekend of wrestling??!! 8 folkstyle matches on Sat and Greco and freestyle matches. on Sunday..8??? on sunday! Wow. Just need to make sure those "nancy's" you mentioned would stay around for all the matches or show up at podium when wrestling is over???

Not that its a big deal but Wigger went 112. From what I hear JJ is a good wrestler. Only time I have ever seen him wrestle was when Pirkle beat him in MS. But people have told me he is tough! I was just wondering how he would match up against Wigger or some of the other State Placers???

SC wrestlers in Junior Nationals with tournament records:
103 - CORTEZ STARKES - Greenville 5-2 (All-American - 5th place)
103 - JAVAN JORDAN - Fort Dorchester 0-2
103 - PAUL STEWART - Seneca 1-2
103 - LOUIS BILES - Irmo 1-2
112 - JORDAN WIGGER - Summerville 5-3 (All-American - 6th place)
112 - CODY BRIDGEMAN - Westside 1-2
125 - NICHOLAS BLANKENSHIP - Chesnee 0-2
130 - JACOB SIMMONS - Eastside 2-2
130 - SCOTT LOUDERMILK - Belton-Honea Path 1-2
135 - DUSTIN MARTIN - Chesnee 0-2
140 - AUSTIN EMORY - Chesnee 0-2
145 - CHASE OWENS - Chapin 1-2
152 - DAQUON WILSON - Fort Dorchester 3-2
152 - SCOTT SWINDELL - Chapin 2-2
152 - STORM NELSON - Greer 0-2
152 - CHRIS WELBORN - West-Oak 1-2
160 - DUNCAN BENSON - Greenville 1-2
160 - AUSTIN KOILE - Stratford 0-2
160 - KEITH RIDINGS - Chesnee 0-2
171 - NICK SINICROPE - Fort Mill 0-2
189 - TIMOTHY DUDLEY - Irmo 5-0 (All-American - 1st place - National Champion)
285 - ASA GOSSETT - White Knoll 1-2

Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 15:59

I'm for it.
We were wanting to get some of the clubs coming to our tournament May 14th to dual us at the close of the tournament. I don't know how many clubs are full though. We can fill a mixed cadet/junior team up to 189 right now. Obviously some of our weights are tougher than others. If any teams want to duel Pit Bull, come to the DogBowl May 14th at Hanahan.

JJ is coming along nicely. He is back to working his system again and it is paying off. I think when he wrestled Pirkle it was a couple of years ago. Size-wise he is walking around at about 114ish.

How did Wigger slip in at 112? Damn, JJ could have relieved himself and went 106.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 16:05

LOL!!!!
I love duals!!!!

Wigger and JJ are both OPC(hydrated) to wrestle 112.

No JJ could not have gone 106. High School nationals only let you go down to your safe hydrated weight. For Wigger it's 112 and JJ it is 112. Refer to NWCA website. It's has all the kids in the nation lowest weigh they can wrestle.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeThu 14 Apr - 16:11

JJ would have got some good competition. Michigan State Champ. 4A State Champ. Fargo AA HS AA. 4A runner up. 3A State Champ. .....PA Easton kid(State Placer...runner up I think) plus more.

All within 30 minutes of his house???

Change your mind????? no?? no?? cmon man. Not too late to cancel hotel. lol

oh well I tried. lol

Talk to you soon about duals next year!
Back to top Go down
c-lewis

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeFri 15 Apr - 6:18

Jeff is out. he showed me his knee at practice and it had alot of fluid build up on it.Me and Coach Brule talked and he said ,and I agree that Jeff needs to take it easy for awhile.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitimeFri 15 Apr - 9:59

Ya got me LEX.....just going by what I was told.....Simmer Down.....I would never dare take away from the all mighty pitbull wrestlers......grrrrrrr woof woof
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders   Anthony Martin call Mike Sanders Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1