A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Empty
PostSubject: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb - 21:18

Who impressed you?
Back to top Go down
HasBeen

PostSubject: k   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb - 21:24

Mconnell palmetto 171....upset leanord of columbia.
Back to top Go down
madmat

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb - 23:35

Christ Church kid upset Tillman in semi and went on to win 145 championship
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb - 23:40

Christ Church kid was a def. surprise for me. I also was surprised by that little (but very tough) Mid Carolina heavyweight. How about that Liberty 152 getting speared after he won that brawl of a match. Lee from Broome was a surprise. I am sure there are more, but I cannot think right now.
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSat 20 Feb - 23:53

The Liberty kid was ATTACKED! No other way to describe it. I felt like there should have been an assault charge filed. The kid form tackled him 20 yards across the gym and planted him in the middle of the next mat over... because he lost! The bad thing is I know for a fact MUCH LESS violations (like relatively harmless pushes) have led to suspensions for kids this year. In one case I know a kid who was required to miss 12 matches for a push which was harmless in comparison to that attack today. No consistency on how these type situations are handled at all.
Back to top Go down
spectato

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 0:01

Humphries from Pendleton looked good to me...He and Rankin had one of the best matches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 0:10

Humpries has improved. Came out attacking in first minute then looked to just keeping the score respectable in last periods.
Back to top Go down
guest 7

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 0:40

yes the form tackle was too much, way too much. that is crossing the line...but how did you like the liberty asst. acting like he was going to bo up on someone...lol...thats not the 1st time that bone head has acted that way....i am sure thats probably how he acts late on sat. nite at Lucys bar and brawl. But the other coach showed great sportsmanship and walked his wrestler across the mat and apologize to the Liberty staff...great job coach think it was strom thurmond maybe. the kid did seem to know he over reacted after he did lose, a mental lapse from a kid....people remember this is a contact and aggressive sport.....not many coaches out there teach to be passive......temporarily lost control....heck read the letter for 2a upperstate on scmat and read about the sportsmanship that is supposed to adhered by and then the person that puts his name on it and his staff get in shouting matches with opposing coaches from across the mat while a match is going on, then we want to criticize a kid, 15,16,17 or 18 yrs. old about losing control...wow what hypocrits we are, the thing is this stuff happens, when i c it in most cases it has to do with the passion for the sport of wrestling, the heat of battle, kids not thinking correctly after 6 mins. of exaustion. These kids are out to win right now, today not 2morrow....This is what they think about in their sleep and spent most of their waking hrs. thinking about....Criticize the refs, they seemed to set the table for this cause what was the official consequences for the push? Nothing.....Enough said....Got pee pants now....
Back to top Go down
legalpai

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 0:49

GUEST 7 Wow, I saw it as an intervention by a coach to prevent futher escalation. (i.e separation of the two parties) Passion for the sport is apparently interpreted differently.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 1:04

The problem as someone pointed out is issuing the same penalty when kids lapse as you call it. Some kids get suspended for way less than what happened today and other times. Examples - you have the woodruff vs broome situation where a kid is shoved down in a dual (no penalty), today Liberty kid is attacked because he won (no penalty), the broome kid shoves kid in back after losing today (no penalty)...something is wrong with that picture where some kids are penalized so harshly and others not. Why the inconsistency? Depends on who you are or what team you're on perhaps?
Back to top Go down
guest 7

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 1:11

intervention is when one takes care of your wrestler by whatever means to say it is intervention and not acting like you are going to storm the mat and take out the other wrestler and running off at the mouth, ask to see if someone has a video of the match and you will see what I am talking about....cause I doubt you was watching the coaches probably the wrestlers...then make the comment...not to sugar coat either, not a liberty fan to start with....sometimes one sees things around a situation rather than the initial reason while it is occurring....dont get me wrong...this time of year brings out the best and worst of all people involved, a lot of time has been put in by both the wrestler and the coaches....making a point that if someone wants to point a certain occurrance out lets look at the whole picture, and point in all directions...find the video and watch in the back ground what is happening a lot of times that is much more interesting and comical.....lol....will say though the liberty wrestler handled it much better than most.....
Back to top Go down
palmettopi

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 1:24

Christ Church's Christopher @ 45 appeared to use good sound technique in his win over Tillman.... Great match
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 1:39

Points well taken. The coaches shouting match really sent a bad message. Both shoulda been sent outside for the day imo. Got a feeling there was some hard seeding feelings still boiling over there? The way the day went with no repercussion that final incident was bound to happen. I agree and believe it was a central coach. He did handle the situation well, but boy not still sure that makes it all good.
Back to top Go down
palmettopi

Number of posts : 2

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 1:53

Which shouting match....???
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 2:13

If you missed it I am not going there palmettopi. Would be better to talk about the kids who worked hard and conducted themselves well. Water under the bridge.
Back to top Go down
AllTheWa

PostSubject: chesnee   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 5:10

Chesnee 112 (FR) pushing Champion to the limit. Experience took over in the 3rd period. Later Chesnee 112 decides 4th is good enough..loses to columbia kid he pinned once b4. He impressed me though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Liberty-Cenral tackle   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 8:09

Sorry, but as usual, a guest if uninformed. The tackle was actually the referees fault. And I don't coach either kid. The ref allowed a sawing back and forth cross face from liberty and when the wrestler from Central reversed and did one cross face the Liberty Coaches screamed and the ref awared one pen. point. It was lucky not to escalate from there. As the match was ending the liberty 52 cut the central wrestler and TURNED HIS BACK ON HIM as he jumped up and down raising his #1 fingers in the air. The Central wrestler spun around and HEARING NO WHISTLE, went for the take lown and momentun carried the two out of bounds. I talked to both boys after the match and neither was upset. the time was not expired, so wrestling was continuing when it happened. Hard match.
Back to top Go down
Broome F

PostSubject: Shouting Match?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeSun 21 Feb - 8:17

If you mean the short conversation between Coach Strickland from Crescent and Coach Carruth From Broome, you really don't know what you are talking about. I know for a fact the two are good friends and were simply working the refs. Chris was yelling that Lee was playing the line, which he was, and Carruth was yellng that the cresent wrestler was pushing him out and "pass blocking" , which he was. It was obviously nothing much as both coaches were seen laughing and joking 30 minutes later in the gym. If a coach does not have the passion to work hard for thier team, then he needs to step down and find an easier sport, maybe tennis or golf? You guys need to get a life and know what you are talking about before you print some misinformaiton.
Also props to Broome and thier coaching staff for putting on a first class upper state. Everything went very well in a great facility!
Back to top Go down
CRESCENT

PostSubject: Tillman   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb - 10:30

Tillman and abbeville wrestlers drove back to Abbeville Friday night. Get home at 2 in the morning and back at the school at 5 to check weight. Two hours of sleep not bad for Abbeville to get 7 tired wrestlers to state. DON'T WORRY TILLMAN WILL BE READY THIS WEEKEND. MARTIN STATS: six wrestlers to North south in 4 years, 10 wrestlering scholarships in college in five years. Shaylor, Bill, Andrew, Drayton, Patie, Josh, Brent, Bryan, Antonio SMC, Jarrett SMC. Actually would of been 11 if Adam Oaks wanted to wrestle in college, but decided to go to Lander....
THEY CAN GET NO ROOMS FOR UPPERSTATE! WOW.... MAYBE MARTIN CAN COACH AT CRESCENT NEXT YEAR! I WOULD BUY HIM A ROOM IF HE COACH AT CRESCENT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: CHRIST CHURCH vs ABBEVILE   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb - 11:18

Tillman lost to Christ Church. He though he couldnt be beat and look what happened. Way to go Chirst Church. I wish you the best of luck at State!!
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb - 12:28

Guest, Tillman is not the type of person to see himself as unbeatable, he's a good kid and not stuck up like that.
CRESCENT, I find it hard to believe you're from crescent, although you did make a couple of inaccurate statements about abbeville so maybe
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb - 15:37

I agree. I don't think Tillman is that arrogant. He has lost some this year (ex - union co kid) and I think he is well grounded. Has always seemed very humble and respectful to me. Every wrestler has a bad day. I know of several kids were sick with a flu bug at upperstate too. Puking in the bathroom does not add to the fans experience. Can't base a wrestler on one performance. We too often do that around this timeof year.

Christ Church kid really impressed me with how technical he is. He is not a dominating or physical style of wrestler but is very technical. Got a kick out of him trying to get the cheap takedown points in the finals. The ref even cracked a smile.
Back to top Go down
RedBird

PostSubject: Martin   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb - 21:42

Chesnee 135 soph Dustin Martin suprised me by dominating his weight class. It would be nice to see him place top 4 at state.
Back to top Go down
guests

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb - 21:49

Martin will propably win 135. Its a week class and he did dominate at upperstates.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb - 22:14

wow I really hope you're kidding. A weak class? Have you bumped your head? ever heard of Ian Harper. You need to do a little more research before you come on here running off at the mouth. Francis Boykin is pretty darn good too.
Back to top Go down
KnowingA

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeMon 22 Feb - 23:45

LowerState 135's will dominate State... taking 3 out of the 4 places ! Harper will pin or tech fall his way to the podium!
Back to top Go down
pa

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb - 0:11

yeah Martin will probably win Wink he did dominate those upperstate studs
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb - 0:23

Somebody from the upperstate just got a Bullseye on their back at 135........
Back to top Go down
buzz kil

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeTue 23 Feb - 0:51

Alot of you probably know Harper away from the mat. Never faced him inside the circle. I'm just saying....................
Back to top Go down
matman

PostSubject: cjs   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitimeWed 24 Feb - 11:17

Man you seem to get your feathers ruffeled (sp) very easily. I have had enough of you getting on here and blasting everyone that does not agree with you. Try to check that attitude at the door when you get at Rock Hill. If not someone may check it for you.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?   what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what wrestlers made some noise at upperstate?
Page 1 of 1