A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1A State Duals Tourney

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
clownman

1A State Duals Tourney Empty
PostSubject: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan - 10:29

How will this tournament be run??
Back to top Go down
MaLuKing

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeTue 25 Jan - 23:53

very fast
Back to top Go down
MatFan

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 13:18

Let me see if I can explain what I thought I herad last night.

1- The seeding meeting is being held this Tuesday Feb. 1

2- The will be no Upper and Lower state champions

3- All teams who desire to participate will be at the seeding meeting and seeded for one (1) tourny

4- The Tourny will be held on Feb. 5th at Ninety-Six (96) high school

If this is not correct then please forgive me and set things straight. At this point we do not need speculation but what is factual. Thanks for your patience and understanding
Back to top Go down
MatFan

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 15:06

One other thing.

The final two (2) teams weather Upper or Lower state will travel the next Saturday to COlumbia (Dreher High School) @ 11:00AM to compete for the state tittle.

[b]Question! Why not just close the deal on the 5th when all are there anyway?[b]
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeThu 27 Jan - 15:43

$$$$

Forget convenience and common sense.
Back to top Go down
razorroc

PostSubject: they don't care about the sport   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeSun 30 Jan - 9:52

It seems that they are giving the advantage to the upper state schools. At this monent they do have more teams of quality, but in the future when that changes as momentum changes all the time do you think they will want to keep the same format? Then they will see it as unfair and change the format. Really it is the fault of the AD's espically in the lowerstate who allowed this to happen.
Back to top Go down
hoppy

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 14:21

Correct me if i am wrong, but i think the idea came from the lowerstate.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 14:30

You're not 100% incorrect.....It was somewhat of a mutual decision. Upperstate teams felt it was unfair and thought that #1 and #2 were always in the upperstate and that the system we had meant the state championship was actually wrestled at the upperstate duals. I think the decision was made by the AD and Principals from all of the 1A schools. I do not remember voting on this.

C.Slaughter
Bamberg-Ehrhardt
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 15:02

I would also like to add some info that I have heard. Next season...the 1A championship will be held at a lowerstate school (if one is willing to host).
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeMon 31 Jan - 15:02

Bamberg will take it!!!!! Chesterfield owes us a trip to BBERG anyways!!!!
Back to top Go down
Razorroc

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitimeTue 1 Feb - 0:17

That mutual agreement is more like a hoodwink. My AD does not recall hearing that their would no longer be an upperstate and lowerstate duels champion like other divisions, but only that he did not want to host it this year. My problem with the situation is that is the rules going to change when the upperstate schools are no longer dominate. Not saying that it will happen next year, but it will eventually and secondly, were their no schools in the Columbia area that could host it making the ride equitable to all teams.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1A State Duals Tourney   1A State Duals Tourney Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1A State Duals Tourney
Page 1 of 1