A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Next Year

Go down 
+3
1-1/2 Nelson
Lex L.
NSwrestler(retired)
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Moving o

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 17:51

What are your predictions for next season Duals and Indys
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 19:17

1A will be between Cfield, Bamberg Erhardt, and Abbeville, 96 will turn some heads as well.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 19:57

Bold predictions....
Back to top Go down
slammin

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 20:30

"blechh...blcehchhhhh...blechhhh." lex, are you choking on sarcasm? haha i say indian land wins 2a state. i think i heard they were movin up to 2a?
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 20:49

only predictions you can really make this early in the game
Back to top Go down
b!u

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 20:51

I agree bamberg, 96, and Chesterfield will lead 1a wrestling. Abbeville Losing thier poster boys dont know how theyll recover.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 20:54

b!u, they only lose 2 or 3 guys, very solid young team with a good youth program
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Number of posts : 77

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 9:47

of the 1A and future 1A teams mentioned above...
Abbevillle loses 5 senior qualifiers with two returning- a freshman and a jr!
Bamberg loses 2 senior qualifiers with 4 returning qualifiers- 3 freshman and a sophomore!
Chesterfiled loses 5 senior qualifiers with 4 returning qualifiers-a freshmand, 2 soph, and a junior.
96 loses 2 senior qualifiers with 1 returning qualifier- a junior
Back to top Go down
Fan 2a

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Abbeville   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 10:51

I am tired of all the junk that I hear about Abbeville B!U. 10 kids in five years to go to college and wrestle. 6 north south allstars in 4 years. You can pick any of those 10 kids to be your poster boy. What about Andrew Tillman making Nationals in college. What about Bryan Glace beating the number one guy in the nation in div 2. How many college rings does bill glace have, and how many college rings do you have. What about Humphries first year starter finishing 4th at state. IS there any body from your program in the last six years that has decided to give up there time to ref like Jeremy Baughman anther Abbeville wrestler. I got an idea for you B!U and anyone else who wants to talk junk. "GET U SOME". Please contact coach Martin and we will set a date. I think Abbeville is having there duals the saturday before christmas. We are having woodruff, walhalla, chesnee, 96, broome, and maybe Indian Land, P. Central, Bamberg and so on. If you want some I think Martin will let you come. Once again B!U, Get u some. Buy the way, Adam won his match and Martin will be glad to bring Adam to the IRON Man in Greenwood and maybe B!U and the Bamberg coach can put a single on and get some from Adam or any of the poster boys from Abbeville. Shaylor wells, Bill Glace, ANdrew Tillman, Josh Cowan all can give you some. Pick one. Why don't B!U or the Bamberg coach that likes talking junk wrestle Dillon Holliday a sophmore and see what happens. Maybe we can make Dillon a poster AGAIN after we win state again in the next three years. We will see who is at the Iron Man. Quit talking junk or put a singlet on and get some. tired of little people bashing Abbeville wrestling. Get a single and see you at the iron man... If gains Massey wants some of Gary Oaks he will be glad to give him some at the Iron Man, it is a open, but I don't think he is ready. Coach Martin will be glad to wrestle if B!U if he wants some. Even Coach Botts would be glad to put you in a bow and arrow and we can take a poster of that... B!U or Bamberg coach are you wrestling at Iron Man? scared... Why we are on this... LEX L if you can find a singlet to fit, Martin will be glad to wrestle you at the iron man.
Back to top Go down
guest1

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 11:11

Why would massey wrestle when he is such a great ref? ....in his own eyes!
Back to top Go down
educated

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 11:41

If you can not spell and use correct grammar please use Microsoft word to copy and past. You sound like an idiot and no one will take you seriously. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 11:43

Fan 2a,

the standard poster size is 27 x 41. You better take a picture of Holliday now because if he grows anymore he will not fit on it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
BILL GLA

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: educated   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 11:53

educated
Get u some at the Iron Man little guy... SCARED
Back to top Go down
Matty

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 12:26

Dang,
Does everyone in Abbeville have a chip on their shoulder like Fan 2a? It didn't seem like anyone was talking smack. Have a tall glass of Chill-ax.
Back to top Go down
slammin

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 13:01

dude, fan 2a..chill outtttttt. nobody was bashing abbeville. just makin predictions.
Back to top Go down
Bill Gla

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: slammin   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 13:31

slammin and matty see you at the iron man... get u some....
Back to top Go down
slammin

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 14:17

why don't you just call everyone out on the message board? get YOU some
Back to top Go down
glace

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: when   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 14:24

No just people who likes to talk trash. Don't talk if you are not coming to Iron Man. Really.. you going to hide behind a screen name. Sign up now and I will make sure I am in your same weight class. Call Mr. Crowder or Brewer and he will sign you up......
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 14:57

Fan2a I am sure Coach Martin appreciates your confident words, but sounds like you are a little insecure.... I can see you calling out b!u but I don't see anything the Bamberg Coach said to ruffle your feathers. And living in the past has nothing to do with this post on next year's duals and indys predictions!

Why don't your start your own little "Ironman" blog since you highjacked this post and you can rant and rave all you want!
Back to top Go down
A.oaks

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 15:05

Abbeville returns their freshman 103 who will be much improved. My lil brol oaks is coming back and will be a real contender at 119-130. Simmons will be a senior and will aid the team. 140 nate Richmond will also be back who will surprise alot of ppl next year. Holliday and mudd are also returning and can be a force next season. There's alot of jv kids who had to wrestle behind seniors who are dedicating them self to the sport and will show out. We won't rebuild but reload...hopefully. As for fan 2a... Plz calm yourself
Back to top Go down
usaconte

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 16:23

Woah.
Where have i been? Is this the same Glace i watched wrestle in high school? Calling out people to wrestle?? lol!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 16:30

Fan2a,

I don't know where you get the idea that I talk junk? I'm just glad that the kid I supposedly called out was smart enough to read into my message. I spoke with Adam several times this weekend at state and have tremendous respect for him. If I said something that you see as talking junk, my apologies. As for us coming to the Abbeville duals, I spoke with Coach Martin about this and it is a possibility, I would love to see some upstate competition. And no I won't be at the Ironman, I doubt anyone would want to see me in a singlet, ticket sales would surely drop. However, if you'll be at North/South this weekend, come find me and I will be glad to talk wrestling with you.

C.Slaughter
Bamberg-Ehrhardt Wrestling
Back to top Go down
b!u

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 18:10

Hey i didnt mean any disrespect by the comment of Poster boys, maybe I should have said captains sounds more PC. I was saying that Tillman Oakes and Humphries seemed to have great moral values and leadership skills and will be missed in the program. Basically I dont see the Simmons and Richmond filling the shoes of Oakes and Tillman I agree that Holliday is a AWESOME wrestler and will be a great kid. Coach Martins accomplishments are outstanding and he has my respect.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 18:16

b!u, for fun I am creating a play on words with your post.

you said "...will be a great kid."

Holliday is already a great kid...he doesn't need to develop that. I assume you are referring to his leadership ability which few freshmen have developed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
b!u

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 18:21

Yes my fault kids a beast
Back to top Go down
HOLLIDAY

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-12

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 19:23

hopefully i can get healed up doc said i got a torn ligament in my elbow hopfully not completly torn
Back to top Go down
Joker

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 2 Mar - 22:26

What about Hanahan and Loris next year? That will be interesting.
Back to top Go down
region 3

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Woodruff and Broome   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 1:38

What do you tbink of Woodruff and Broome joining region II A for next year? I know that Boome only lost 3 senoirs and two of them were afirst year guys.
Back to top Go down
matslap3

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 2:00

Yes this is Mr.Big "Sweet Tea" Oaks, kids started that a couple of years ago, kind of like it too. So I might change from matslap to sweet tea. Remember fella's Abbeville lost 11 seniors to graduation last year and put a pretty darn good squad out there this year. We may not start out great next yr. kind of like this year was kind of rocky with the new kids and injuries but that smoothed out eventually. Next years team might just be the most solid from top to bottom that Abbeville has ever had, always have had some weak spots, next yr. probably wont have the weak spots but good solid wrestlers throughout. Might not qualify 10 for state but as a team should do really well. Computer has been down, but did get a text about this thread and lmao....fell out of my chair boney butt and all...and I would not wrestle massey not because I am 135 and he is 215, IT IS BECAUSE HE CANNOT SEE......and I would not agree for him to have a teenager out of the mat as a visual aid....Now go choke on that chicken bone.....lol.....
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 9:52

Bamberg has an ole washed-out high school wrestler from the late 90's, early 2000 that is around 215 that would be some fair competition for fan2a, bill glace, or whoever is calling out everybody. His name is Rodney Wallace and you can get a good scouting of him on March 27th at UFC 111 then we can try and talk him into the Ironman so you can "get u some"!!! cheers

And Sweet Tea, congratulate Adam on a fine wrestling career, wish him the best in the future; and look foward to seeing Alex over the next couple of years.
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 10:02

Joker wrote:
What about Hanahan and Loris next year? That will be interesting.
Loris will be the tough with 6 of their 8 qualifiers returning; but then Hanahan is only losing one of their 5 qualifiers so it will still be a battle between the two of them!
Back to top Go down

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: loris broke rules also   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 15:48

isn't it illegal to drop a weight class if you weigh in at 126.7 and drop to 121.0 doesn't that break the rules. jamar gore weighed 126.7 and wrestled 121.0 just a week later at lowerstate..... i think loris is being shady it looks to me that the bamburg freshman should be state champ. it breaks the 1.5% body weight loss a week rule.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 17:08

That is a misinterpretation of the rule. The 1.5% rule is only used to calculate the time at which a wrestler can reach minimum weight. After that date is reached, there is no 1.5% rule any longer. If this were the case most kids would be ineligible to wrestle since most kids cut weight the day before a match or even the day of a match.

Even if this were a valid argument, I doubt Lan Hiers would want to win a state championship that way. The kid is a competitor, he knows that if he's not the best then he doesn't deserve the title.

C.Slaughter
Bamberg-Ehrhardt Wrestling
Back to top Go down
grappled

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 19:56

Coach is right. that is how the rule is stated, but I thought the rule was put in place to stop the drastic yoyo effect of weight gain and loss. that is what is unhealthy.
I think the match between Loris and us will be fun,and will be some good hard wrestling. I for one told the Loris coaches congrats on the title win They did what was best for their kids and so did we
Next year is a new year. there might be somebody we are unaware of out there that might take it all. Face it, in my opinion, there were a handfull of teams that could have took it this year.
Back to top Go down
seriousl

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeMon 8 Mar - 20:59

Bill Glace, really? Didn't you get your *** handed to you last year at the under the lights by a rising highschool senior. Seriously, what are you going to do at the iron man?
Back to top Go down
HasBeen

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: k   Next Year Icon_minitimeTue 9 Mar - 23:04

Just wondering..what date is this Iron man tournament? Is it a bunch of old guys like myself trying to relive the past and pretty much blowing chunks all over the mat?....If so im in. lol
Back to top Go down
financia

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar - 14:38

The Ironman is may1-2
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar - 17:29

Financial Guru,
When will information (flyer) be posted about the Greenwood Ironman. We may have a large group coming up this year and since this would be the only NUWAY tournament that our kids are hitting, I really need to weigh the costs.
What are the total fees?
Can High school guys compete in the open division as well? I am assuming the Newberry guys will be there again.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
financial guru

Number of posts : 32

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeWed 10 Mar - 22:04

The fees will be $15 per style or $30 for all three. So if you are coming for just fs/g then it would be 30 bucks same as last year. If your guys want to stay over and sleep on the mats that should be available also at no or very little charge. We will have an open division but do not know how that will turn out for the numbers. However we are trying to put together a fs/g only on april 17th and having the colleges come and also the tots thru highschool. I have talked to Limestone newberry and smc and they are very interested. IT would give some of these more experienced wrestlers an opportunity to step it up some. We are calling it the College challenge. We wanted to coordinate it with the Ironman but most of the college guys will be out of school then.
Back to top Go down
grappled

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeThu 11 Mar - 0:34

i am looking foreward to the iron man. the pit bull guys always do pretty well there. i will always support scusa, but that is one of my favorite weekends.
Back to top Go down
bill gla

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitimeSat 13 Mar - 2:58

I'll be at the iron man in greenwood b!u
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Year   Next Year Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Next Year
Page 1 of 1