A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

who will win state in 1a

Go down 
+2
Lex L.
Cougar
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
st

who will win state in 1a Empty
PostSubject: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun - 11:31

who will when state in 1a
Back to top Go down
Red Mofo

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 16 Jun - 18:51

I'll say Bamberg finally takes Chesterfield and then we welcome Abbeville to 1a!
Back to top Go down
red mofo

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun - 1:09

well, my opinion is CHESTERFIELD will get their 5th in a row, this years team might possibly be the best chesterfield team of all time afro
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 23 Jun - 2:20

:affraid:
Back to top Go down
???

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 24 Jun - 0:14

Harper get a fifth year?
Back to top Go down
rumple

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeSun 27 Jun - 20:37

wait...didn't they say that about every chesterfield team the past 4 years? confused
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun - 13:00

Abbeville is 1a, Bamberg is 1a, Chesterfield is 1a.....Is Indian Land still 1a or did they move up?

As long as the core coaches of Alley, Watson, and Gainey are there, I think Chesterfield will produce. That being said, they look to have lost a good bit. They usually reload.
I think Bamberg's young guys may come of age this year.
Abbeville seems to reload each year as well. I think they will be solid and vote probably get my preseason vote assuming they are able to get everyone where they need them weight-wise.
Back to top Go down
oneaye

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun - 17:50

IL is 2A.
Back to top Go down
cfield

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeMon 28 Jun - 21:17

well lets not forget that chesterfield is returning 5 ms sq and also returning alley maltby crowley and jerelle hannah ( 4 finalists and 2 state champs) our team will be stacked from 103-171 this season with guys full of experience
Back to top Go down
sixfinge

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 30 Jun - 1:59

whos the other 2 finalists?
maltby,alley,?,?
champs
crowly,hanna
Back to top Go down
cfield

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 1 Jul - 22:37

well 3 finalists, and one 4th placer, who was a finalist the year before
Back to top Go down
superfly

PostSubject: next year   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 6 Jul - 20:16

As for returning ranked wrestlers before State Individuals you have...
Abbeville has Dillon Holliday 189, Keenan Simmon 119,

Chesterfield has Jerelle Hannah 160, Franklin Crowley 145, Tyler Alley 119, Jared Maltby 112,

Bamberg has Player Long 135, Lane Walling 125, Landis Hiers 119, Malcolm Jones 103
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeSat 31 Jul - 23:30

Didnt the kid from North Charleston HS pin Crowley twice at the aau state tournament
Back to top Go down
Cid

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeMon 2 Aug - 16:10

LSO, did Hanna leave Chesterfield???
Back to top Go down
grappled

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug - 6:07

what happend to N. Charlston? They used to have some decent wrestlers every year,and were 4a. I think they have had 1, maybe 2 state qualifiers in the past 6 years, and none of them placed.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug - 13:16

North Charlestons in the 2a's now. They had 3 state qualifiers last year, one of them took 3rd. All 3 wrestlers only wrestled 2 years. North Charleston will have qualifiers this year.
Back to top Go down
maltby

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug - 16:03

no jerelle hannah didnt leave, and no frankilin crowley didnt get pinned twice at aau state he lost to dylan lawson state champ from 3a in 3ot and then had to wrestle a match the minute he steped off the mat and lost because he was too tired to try
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug - 16:08

I had heard the same thing about Crowley at the AAU thing as MAltby describes.

North Charleston is back in 2a. They usually generate an athlete or two that can compete on athleticisim alone, but rarely field a full, stable team.
Back to top Go down
grappled

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug - 18:12

is jamison coming back? i remember he looked like he is gong to be really good. i was just wondring how n. charlston went from 4a to 2a so quick. back in the day i had alot of friends there and they were tough in alot of sports. hopefully they wiil be again.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 3 Aug - 21:57

Jameson will not be back he graduated he will be going to spartanburg methodist. He took 3rd beating the kid from travelers rest 11-3. North Charleston was in the 3A region 8 they had 3 go to state and 3 others one match away and they were all pretty close to qualifying.
Back to top Go down
say what

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 4 Aug - 8:37

If North Charleston did that well in 3a, then 3a must have really stunk last year. They did have a good hwt a couple of years ago with really skinny legs that would just club people overthe head until they fell down. He was fun to watch.

Does N Chas still have that weird coach that screams at the kids all the time. Dude walks around yelling "Bang Bang" all the time like he has touretts syndrome. No wonder their numbers are so low. Wasn't he the coach at Hanahan and Stall before too? That should be some easy wins for the other lowerstate teams.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 4 Aug - 13:32

1. I heard 3A was the hardest last year. North Charleston destroyed some 4A teams.
2. We did have a good heavy weigh 2 years ago he did not place because he was really sick but he pinned the guy from Eastside who took 3rd.
3. We still do have that wrestling coach that coached at Hanahan and Stall.
4. When he screams he gives us his point of view because most good coaches know the move a kid is about to do before he actually does it and it distracts the other wrestlers.
5. We dont have much wrestlers because we have no middle school programs and because kids and teacher at school just care about basketball and football.
6. At lowerstate there will probably be some easy wins but the solid wrestlers we have will make some noise.
Back to top Go down
O G

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 4 Aug - 14:23

BANG BANG!!!
Bang Bang!!!
BANG BANG!!!

That's whats up if you mess wit North Chuck!
Back to top Go down
twoaye

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 3:07

3a had less talent than 1a/2a last year.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 3:17

You could be right but that is just an opinion.
Back to top Go down
grappled

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 5:50

i dont know about that. you maybe right but 3a is really tough in the upstate, therefore we just dont see alot of them. im not the smartest coach out there but i am guessing " bang bang" means he wants his wrestler to shoot? i could see how that would get your attention.
Back to top Go down
Say What

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 8:10

This is probably more time or thought than N Charleston's wrestling team has ever gotten. Coach Hall will probably be upset and yell some more when they don't win Wrestlemania in March!

"DO IT! DO IT! GO! GO! NO STOP! SQUEEZE! CHOKE! BITE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! GET OFF YOUR BACK! BANG! BANG! AAAHHHHH!"
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 13:21

Hey, Say what you know what you sound like, you sound like one of those coaches who's team had a wrestling match against Coach Halls team and you probably got destroyed and embarrassed. And why did you start talking about Wrestlemania were you on crack or something.
"DO IT! DO IT! GO! GO! NO STOP! SQUEEZE! CHOKE! BITE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING! GET OFF YOUR BACK! BANG! BANG! AAAHHHHH!"
Yeah you were on crack.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 14:12

Just a guess, but maybe "Say What's" Wrestlemania reference was a shot at the reality Coach Hall is rumored to reside in.

I am curious though...What team or teams have North Charleston destroyed or embarrassed? At least over the last several years? No offense, but Burke, Military Magnet, and Academic Magnet (my pick to win 1a) are not exactly teams to boast about "destroying and embarrassing."

In all fairness to North Charleston, despite having low numbers year in and year out, they will usually have at least a couple of guys that can pose match up problem for the more technical squads out there. Maybe the move back to 1a/2a will be good for them and create some rivalries with the other local teams that they wrestle a lot.
Back to top Go down
Say What

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 21:00

Who has N Chas ever destroyed or embarassed? When you only have 6-8 guys on your team, you can't really destroy anyone. That is crazy. If Burke ever had a coach that had a wrestling background that would take away one of the two or three teams the "Cougar's" could beat.

You must be drinking Coach Hall's crazy Kool Aid. And yes, that is where the Wrestlemania comment came from.

I'm not a coach, but if I was, I wouldn't be heard screaming at kids like a crazy dude on crack-

BANG BANG! GET HIM! NOW! GO! STOP! GO! LEFT! GO! STOP! DO IT AGAIN! BANG BANG! DAMNIT @#$%##$%!
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 5 Aug - 23:04

Lex L. you are right we are able to produce 2 or 3 wrestlers that shine every year. Jameson B. only wrestled 2 years in his entire life and takes 3rd in state at 130 probably one of the hardest weigh classes last year. I dont think we have ever had a kid who has wrestle 4 full year at North Charleston. We have someone who has wrestle since his freshman and will now be a junior he could probably place in state next year. Most of the kids start wrestling at North Charleston there Junior or Senior year. This past year we actually had a full team more than half the team never wrestled, for the first time we had a coach who actually taught in the school and he was able to recruit. If we had middle school program we could be in the top 6 in the 2a. We took 4th at Wando duals beating West A. and Berkley . We had 3 kids who were 1 match away from state and lost by 2 or 3 points if they would of one we would of qualified 6.

Say what i can tell your not a coach.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeFri 6 Aug - 8:48

Last year Berkeley had two good wrestlers: Patrick Mestrez (119-125) and Buddy Cumbee (103).
West Ashley had two as well: Warren Streety (125) and Pinto (The Brazilian dude at 152 that wins all the pit fights locally). Other than those guys, I could see North Charleston beating them with forfeits and such, but using words like "Destroying or Embarrassing" would not be accurate.

If North Charleston is able to get a stable coaching staff and get kids to show up consistently from year to year, they may put together a solid squad. Unfortunately, they have a reputation of being no shows at events the last several years and sometimes showing up with only a handful of kids. Two years ago their coaches were thrown out of the Hawk Invitational. Things like that make it hard for people to take them seriously. Hopefully that will change for them. But it needs to start at the top in leadership.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeFri 6 Aug - 11:06

I hope things do change but at the Hawk inv. two years ago when our hwt was wrestling the Ref was really teribble and Coach Hall should of never been thrown out of the tournament. It was more like ok they're North Charleston and they're Stratford hmmm? North Charleston your out of here!
Back to top Go down
grappled

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeSat 7 Aug - 8:18

Did Coach Hall get thrown out? I know Trevone did , but I thought he was the only one. I know that was bad but Trevone was right about the call , he just handeled it wrong. My question a few posts ago wasnt so much about the wrestling team but the student body populatipn. how did it drop off. N. Charleston just used to be a bigger ,better school . Sorry couger, i did not think it was going to cause that kind of backlash on you. you might know, where is Trevone coaching now. cause wherever it is, it will be a team to look out for.
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeSat 7 Aug - 14:24

Coach Hall thrown out for no reason really, Coach Fordham Coached at USC club and at Kenan and they had they same problems we did which was bringing people in. If North Charleston had a room of about 30 or 40 kids we could be real good.
Back to top Go down
crowley

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeMon 9 Aug - 17:37

WHO BEAT ME AT AAU STATE I HAVE ONLY BE PINNED 3 TIMES IN HIGH SCHOOL ...
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeMon 9 Aug - 21:44

i wasnt talking about this crowley
above
Back to top Go down
crowley

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug - 19:40

O JUST MAKEING SURE .. AND WHAT WIGHT CLASS DO U WRESTLE ... IF I CAN ASK.. I AM READY TO WRESTLE YALL THIS YEAR.. lol!
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 10 Aug - 21:41

119 or 112
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 0:01

little Crowley was an 8th grader wrestling against seniors. I think he will be just fine once he is down to 112.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
Cougar

Cougar

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 0:26

yeah he was ok how many seniors did he wrestle at aau,how many yrs did he wrestle
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 0:51

he has actually only wrestled 1 year. not sure about how many seniors he wrestled at AAU.
Back to top Go down
crowley

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 18:08

hey dalles what is your cell number? i want to get on the mat before we go back to school..
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 11 Aug - 22:14

ask your little brother...he sends me a random "hi" text message every other day
Back to top Go down
crowley

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 15:56

haha ok what wight do u thank i should go this year my wight is 152 right now?
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 16:00

just go to class and dont worry about it right now
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeThu 12 Aug - 18:12

If you weigh 152 (152 in Chesterfield weight that is 160-165 on anyone else's scale) right now and want to prove yourself as a bonafide bad-arse, then go 171 or 189. You obviously didn't have much competition in 1a/2a last year. Test yourself. You guys are usually abundant in the middle weights. Go up. Help your team. I for one, would like to see you clobber some bigger kids. Stand out as "Crowley the Terrible" and make a name for yourself. The higher up in weight you go and have success, the easier it is to get recruited (if that is a goal) to a good school for wrestling. That being said, you do want to do what is good for your team and I hear Bamberg expects to take you guys this year.

If you do what everyone else does, you can be like everyone else. To stand out, you have to be a little different and sometimes choose an alternative path.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeTue 17 Aug - 13:14

Dear Franklin "BoBo" Crowley,

No one cares what you weigh!!!!! Just kidding, in my huble yet extremely biased and self centered opinion I think you should wrestle 171.

Slaughter
Back to top Go down
Cid

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug - 8:50

BoBo, eat like a KING and go 189!!! Don't let Dallas try and keep a good man down! haha
Back to top Go down
rambone

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitimeWed 18 Aug - 21:45

Bobo has a little problem named Jerelle Hannah if he moves up too much.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: who will win state in 1a   who will win state in 1a Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

who will win state in 1a
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next