A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL

Go down 
+5
lowleg
new guy
cjs53
LSO
Harper
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TGIF

INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Empty
PostSubject: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb - 22:31

An injunction has been filed to appeal the ruling by the SCHSL regarding
the 2A Lower State Championship. The court hearing is Thursday, February 18.
The 2A State Finals will not be scheduled until the appeal process is completed.
Back to top Go down
Harper

Harper

Number of posts : 19
Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb - 22:39

Would that affect 1A/2A lowerstate at Aynor that should start the next day?
Back to top Go down
TGIF

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb - 22:50

no the dual match for 2a state will have to be sometime in the week after in between lower state and the state finals, so no it should have no affect.
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb - 23:05

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tired

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb - 23:53

Might impact wrestler(s) deemed ineligible, right? or potentially change matches that were previously wrestled in playoffs if SCHSL ruling is supported and/or expanded.
Back to top Go down
still ti

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeFri 12 Feb - 23:58

When is the seeding for Aynor and how will this litigation impact the rest of the lower state wrestlers??
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 0:01

I don’t see it effecting the seedings since only one name was questioned at 130. Then Hanahan as a monkey wrench because if they send them in at the seeding meeting at their lowest weight class and they do not win their appeal then they would be disqualified from lowerstate, or Hanahan could enter them at higher weights but that would essentially be admitting guilt. Sucks for the kids...because they are the ones that is gonna end up losing out.

As I interpret the rule, Hanahan is in violation and SCHSL got it right...but I do not want to see innocent kids missing out at lowerstate and state because of this.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
amazed

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 0:03

GAzette suggests that state dual finals might happen Friday or Saturday Anything else going on that weekend?
Back to top Go down
tgif

PostSubject: ADMENMENT TO THE RULES   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 0:34

The rule that everyone is talking about was an amendment to an earlier rule set before it. The rule was never written in the 2007-2008 SCHSL rule book therefore it does not exist. An amendment(“that is only verbally said”) only has a year before it needs to be written in the rulebook, if it does not get written within a year then there is two options, one the rule has to be given to every coach in the state yearly, or the rule does not exist. The SCHSL did not make it a rule because it is not written in the SCHSL’s rulebook nor did they give it to every coach in the state. I just wanted to make everyone aware of this matter because this is what Hanahan is basing their counter-appeal on. I am neutral in this battle but if I had to choose it would be Hanahan, they did not cheat and they have a lot of class unlike Loris did when they knew they were going to lose. Faking injuries to get rest time and gouging wrestlers eyes out is illegal and the refs did nothing about that! GO HANAHAN IM BEHIND YOU ALL THE WAY!
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 0:37

very interesting if your statement is valid. could make for an interesting appeal.

I do remember this was a topic at the rules meeting and the summer conference.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 0:47

I've only been a head coach for two years, I have received a copy of the weight management guidelines each year in 2008-2009 and 2009-2010. This does not mean that all coaches have received it, but I have. I hate it for the kids on both sides of this battle and hope for their sake it gets settled in a timely manner. If anyone would like to see the e-mail I will be more than happy to forward it to you. Best of Luck to Loris or Hanahan whoever it may be in the end.

C.Slaughter
Bamberg-Ehrhardt Wrestling
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: tgif- nsn   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 1:13

Not so neutral. All the other coaches seemed very informed, why wasn't Hanahan? In the 2/12 Gazette article Adkins suggests that “The rule is unavailable,They’re saying I’m responsible for an email they may have sent (in 2006). They said it was on email or it was covered in a meeting.” It seems that all coaches have been talking about since 2006 is certification and since a coaches primary responsibility is to his team (especially their health and well-being) he would have questioned someone along the way.
Back to top Go down
Coach

PostSubject: everyone   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 10:25

Every head wrestling coach or AD gets the Weight certification rules every year. Now the problem is that if the AD gets it, then his head coach hasnt given his information for the coaches directory and therefore probably doenst care about wrestling and he doesnt read it. Or if the head coach gets it, then he doesnt read it. The fact is that many wrestling coaches dont go to association meetings where the majority of these conversations take place. Wrestling coaches that care about the sport and pay attention to detail know the rules. The rest dont until they break them and get caught.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 10:49

I dont think the Hanahan coach would be going through all of this if he didn't care.
Back to top Go down
Pickn Si

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 11:29

Coach (and by extension his wrestlers) are jammed. He has no choice but to move forward and in the end might cause his team more harm THAN GOOD upon closer scrutiny. Statements he made in the Gazette (2/12) suggest that he feels that ensuring his wrestlers safety (through weight certification and clearly defined SCHSL rules) were not his responsibility citing misplaced emails or a lack of communication by SCHSL. If this is the case he has done his wrestlers a dis-service since 2006 (the date he mentions in the article) and evidence of this will probably come foward in time. Weight cert. by design protects against the mirade of weight loss abuses we experienced (e.g., jogging in a plastic bag while a hot shower runs) and the eating disorders that many ex-wrestlers still battle. It is difficult to imagine that he hasnt heard/read or commented on South Pointe et al., the numerous dicussions on this message board pertaining to weight certification, OR he could have asked for clarifcation on the rules as SO MANY OTHER COACHES DID! Coaches should be responsible but must be accountible.
Back to top Go down
confused

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 13:12

How did the coach from Hanahan know he had to have the sheet of his wrestlers who past the test all rules on one page in weight management procedures did he have his wrestlers certifed at all rules on same page why did he refuse to give loris coach the paper if he didnt know the rules
Back to top Go down
Coach

PostSubject: good   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 14:02

thats a good point confused.
Back to top Go down
cought

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 14:32

so Hanahan ples guilty throwes its self on the mersey of the court if they win we can throw away the weight rules and weight management procedures
Back to top Go down
Pickn si

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 16:15

Caught,
What Hanahan has done (really lawyers for the Berkeley Co. School District) is to file a court order forcing SCHSL to refrain from having the 2A state championship until a court (on Feb. 18th) hears and subsequently rules, on their appeal. They (Hanahan) feel that they were not treated fairly by SCHSL and wish to reverse the decision regarding the Wed. match. It appears that their complaint (this is based on previous posts from TGIF) is based on their assertion that all SC wrestling coaches were not informed regarding the “rules” of weight management and bumping weight classes and because of this these rules do not apply to Hanahan (or anyone right?). Are they correct? I don’t know but:
1. Does a wrestling coach have to be handed rules pertaining to weight management or is it sufficient for the AD to accept them? What if an assistant coach had a copy of the rules on his/her email account, would that suffice?
2. If a coach ignores an email can he say he isn’t aware of the rules? Or do we need to have these rules sent certified mail every year?
3. If a coach misses a meeting where weight certification and bumping is discussed is he exempt from the outcome of the meeting?
4. What if the coach was asked by other coaches what he thought of the weight management and certification process and showed evidence to them that he had read and fully understood those rules?
5. What if a parent asked a coach about certification and was told nevermind it doesn’t really pertain to us?

So what do you do? I don’t know but with lower state seeding on Wednesday and the tournament starting Friday this decision will impact every wrestler that steps out on the mat.
Back to top Go down
TGIF

PostSubject: good point   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 18:26

Well one thing about it is that we cannt just rely on email or phone there has got to be a better way to send important information out. We dont need this happening again!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 18:40

This is a matter for the politicians to take care of..... let the wrestlers wrestle, let the coaches coach and the politicians take care of this. This could go either way. Loris could have this won and so could Hanahan. Right now its a matter of who has the better lawyers. Lets hope the good guys come out on top.....
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 20:03

As for individuals -- I heard Hanahan may have two other wrestlers caught up in the dilemma LSO mentions realtive to individuals. Same situation based on them wrestling up and losing their weight certification. I heard wolfe and one other. Anyone know if that is true or does this ruling only involve Dwira? It will indeed be tragic if the Hanahan coach is so stubborn to sign his wrestlers up in the lower weight only to lose the appeal when it is too late to change. Hanahan kids deserve better. When the Hanahan coach is keenly aware of the weight certification process - obviously he is - I just can't see ignorance of the bumping rules as grounds for a successful appeal. Which is more equitable in the grand scheme?...1) Hanahan is unfairly disadvantaged because their coach did not exercise due diligence in finding out what the rules were?...or 2) Every school except Hanahan was disadvantaged because they had to play by a more strict set of rules than Hanahan? Common sense seems to leave little room for a successful appeal, but who knows.

I guess I could see the courts possibly ruling for Hanahan (for this one dual match) IF and ONLY IF no official at Hanahan was invited to the coaches workshops, or sent minutes of the workshop, AND no weight loss/bumping rule information was sent to any official at the school at any point since the change in 2006. However, the rule obviously exists and the vast majority of other teams wrestlers have been forced to comply with the rule on bumping. If Hanahan truly is the only school in the state in the dark on this rule, they now know in plenty of time to adjust for individuals. I can't see the court or SCHSL ruling that only the alpha weight, and not past weigh-ins, be used to determine where a kid can go at state. This would be gross negligence on the part of the court and the SCHSL. Example - 9th grade kid who weight certified at 119 but grew/gained 20 pounds and is now wrestling 140. Does anyone really think the courts or SCHSL would endorse allowing a kid to drop 15-20 pounds in the next 2 weeks? Obviously most good coaches would block such, but we all know some would not, hence the reason for weight rules...as poorly structured as they may seem.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 20:07

So if other kids at Hanahan are in the same boat and SCHSL rules that 125 is not eligible does that effect the outcome of earlier playoff matches or that of the other Hanahan wrestlers?
Back to top Go down
just pla

PostSubject: better lawyers?   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 20:16

Pretty sad testament to the notion of equity (which is what an injunction is supposed to be all about) if you've ever spent time in Loris.
Back to top Go down
poor

PostSubject: matter for the politicians   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 20:26

Not politicians and the wrestlers might not wrestle which just plain sucks
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 20:29

I doubt the HSL or court would dare try to take this back in time any further than the Loris match. Those pre-Loris matches were not protested, and to go any further back than the Loris match would sure get ugly.
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 20:35

Just pla, what do you mean by "if you've ever spent time in Loris?" You lost me on that comment.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 20:36

Uglier than it is now? If wrestler(s) deemed ineligible wouldn't other teams have to protest especially if their wrestlers lost to the ineligible (hurting their overall record in 2A)?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Loris   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 20:39

Loris just doesn't seem to have the same resources that Hanahan has off the mat or the rabid support of the county they live in. If politicians or lawyers decide I think that Loris is getting short changed.
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 20:52

guest,

That is just what I think. I'm certainly no authority. The HSL did not go back in time (matches prior to Hillcrest) on the ineligible South Pointe wrestler did they? I think that case may have set the HSL precedent. I could see the lowerstate seeding for individuals being adjusted though on the head-to-head match results and possibly records for those ineligible wrestlers. Who knows.

I hate this mess. Really having mixed feelings both on the fact Loris made the appeal in the first place, and now it just looks to me like Hanahan is hurting the sport, and possibly their wrestlers by making this appeal. I think I disagree with both actions by both teams. If this injunction leaves some of their top kids, who could have possibly won or placed at state, ineligible ...well that is the biggest tragedy of the 2010 season. Hanahan still has the chance to win the traditional team state (points at individual tournament) with these top guys competing. Heres hoping for a quick resolution that does not hurt Hanahan kids more than this mess already has.
Back to top Go down
2afan

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 21:20

what is amazing to me is everyone is worried about the effect this will have on loris and hanahan. woodruff is caught in something that is not their fault. they have to sit and wait on these two teams to work this out i feel sorry for all three teams these kids work to hard to be stuck where they are.this should be taken care of already not waiting to the end of next week when they know all teams have ind. next weekend. somebody needs to bow out gracfully and let these young men move on i understand coaches want to protect their team but dang this is tooooooooooooo much! good luck to all these young men!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 21:25

If they wrestle the 2A finals thursday after the decision, could we get a pound for lowerstates on friday?

~~ sarcasm alert ~~
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSat 13 Feb - 21:42

I agree 2afan. If I were the Woodruff coach I would demand the state final match be wrestled at Woodruff to make up for the inconvenience and serious disadvantage they have been placed in. Hanahan and Loris know who they will be wrestling at state (if they make it). They are already able to scheme and practice for their opponent. Woodruff is having to prepare for two different teams. Since the lowerstate teams want to upset everything for this drama, and require the match be wrestled only a day before individual upperstate, I would demand they come to Woodruff for the 2A state dual championship.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 0:05

I think the reasonable thing to do is to abide by the score between Loris and Hanahan. If this Loris coach was so concerned with weight qualifications he should have done his homework before his team wrestled and lost. For that coach to request an appeal based on a weight requirement that had nothing to do with his team and happened months ago, is simply outrageous.....I feel the same way about Woodruff, that team has nothing to do with this and they are suffering....let the two winning teams wrestle(Hanahan and Woodruff) and let Loris do whatever they want later about the weight issues.....you cant take your team, let them wrestle, and when they lose start researching your opponent !!!! It makes absolutely no sense to keep these teams from going forward.....and from what I have read, it sounds as those there is a wrestler on the Loris team that should have been more harshly dealt with for eye gouging?? I believe this was a tactic by Loris to keep his team on top, and has really blown up into something no one expected and now everyone, not just the two primary teams, are being punished for it!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
2afan

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 0:47

when they do decide who won thursday i dont think there is enough time to get ready to wrestle on thursday. and they sure cant do it next weekend. this is crazy i been following 2a wrestling for 10 years and never seen anything like this. heres a question when they decide who wins if they say hanahan wins can loris file an injunction or is the ruling final. how long can they drag it out. these kid need to move on and not have this hanging over their heads come friday. i dont relly care about the adults involved i just keep thinking about all these kids. and i understand both teams feel they are right so im not taking sides. just wanted to see if anyone knew how long this could take
Back to top Go down
pickn si

PostSubject: homework?   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 10:53

How can anyone blame the weight certification and eligibility issues that Hanahan has on Loris and their coach not doing his homework? That's just ridiculous, Hanahan coach broke (either intentionally or accidentally) the rules that it appears that everyone else knew about and followed. Loris coach is not some evil genius hell bent on world domination, he just wants what is right for his team and the sport. Weight management rules are in place to protect the health of young adults and must be enforced. Failing to do so is irresponsible. Woodruff should be angry and so should every wrestler in 2a especially if it provides an advantage to those that did not follow the rules.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 11:22

can we just drop this... this is getting rediculous
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What's next?   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 12:02

2afan,
I'm not a lawyer (if someone is help us out with a tentative timeline)but it seems like starting tomorrow Horry County will enter the fray. Will this be resolved Thursday? Probably not.
Back to top Go down
Wolverin

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 16:12

This is so stupid... Lowerstate has to mess everything up. When are we going to wrestle the championship match? My son is suppose to go exept a football scholorship this wk end bc we thought team wrestling would be over. Yeah it snowed. but we still cant make it up this week bc the appeal. This means Woodruff has to wait and still cut weight bc Lowerstate. They at least get maybe a couple of days where they can eat good but now have to still keep weight low. This is rediculous. This is hurting our kids. Not trying to be mean but I say just give the championship to Woodruff. Or split it. bc this is too much time to where our kids cant eat a good meal. The way I see it is. Hanahan... U cheated... U lose. SO woodruff vs. Loris. But Loris u cheated. Looking at the eye guaging Hanahan shoulda pinned intill you did that giving Hanahan the win. Did Woodruff Cheat? Ummmm. NOOO. Comon this is just plain stupid. People have other lives than just wrestling and stupid lowerstate is messing with other ppls lives. PLZ HSL make a final descision!!
Back to top Go down
CHS Wres

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 16:21

I agree... Woodruff u should win... Yall work so hard to keep weightt low LEGALLY. No1 knows when tha match is going to be. What if yall have ppl overweight bc this drama? This is Stupid. I say Woodruff wins end of story. Look at a football standpoint. Boiling springs couldnt play in a playoff game bc they cheated w-o knowing. Why treat them and Hanahan or football and wrestling different. And I saw the eye gauge as well. Hanahan had that kid on his back. CHEATER. He did it on purpose. He did it 5-6 times over and over and over and over again. And if you bump everything back a week that interferes with spring sports. LOWERSTATE you brought this on yourselfs. HSL just give it to woodruff
Back to top Go down
new guy

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 16:30

in courts hand now but i think your right about the time line..there is none!!i heard the kid from hanahan weighed in at 132.2 at that christmas tour. does that make any dif to the "rule" which is not in the "rule book"? bad feelings all around and i don't believe its fair to show hate towards the schools involved, but maybe if the hsl put their ammendments into the book each year, this may have saved the palmetto team as well?? sooo much we as parents don't know or understand..too many sides..sorry to woodruff, go eat a steak on your coach's card and don't forget the fries!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 16:42

Yeah I agree. I HATE WOODRUFF. They won our region 4 yrs in a row. But this is too much... I dont want woodruff to get that ring bc it coulda been us but they played by the rules and now getting punnished. I say Woodruff should win by Loris and Hanahan being disqualified. Or woodruff should wrestle the championship @ Woodruff or should get 6 pnts off the bat.
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 17:00

Wolverine, I'm with you on some fronts - not others. If your kids can't eat a healthy, nutritious meal seems to me it may be possible they are not in the right weight class? "Food" for thought!

Hanahan likely HAD to cut that kid to 125 because their 125 could not make the weight? There is no other explanation for that odd juggling. Their 125 pounder against Loris was what a 135 pounder last year? Common sense tells you very few lean, solid kids like that go down a weight, let alone two the following year. They rolled the dice and were busted by a woeful, unenforced weight management system that seeks to protect kids from drastic cutting. Could the system be improved -- most certainly, but in this case I have a suspicion the system worked exactly as intended.

The Loris appeal, as distasteful as it is to some of is, may have saved a kids life in the long run by bringing more attention, clarification, and improvement to the system. Just my opinion. The Loris eye gouger should have been disqualified and 6 points awarded to Hanahan. That is not debateable. This whole mess of a dual calls for a "Mulligan...a do-over." With the Hanahan kids in the right weights - now that their coach knows the rules .. . His kids will have to wrestle at the weights they are truly certified at this time, and if Loris gouges an eye they will be DQ'd. The result of the do-over will be final with both teams signing a no-appeal agreement.

The state championship match will be wrestled at Woodruff. Now - that solves the dispute without school districts paying high priced lawyers, holding other schools and the sport hostage, etc. Hanahan, Loris and the SCHSL can drop a check for the savings in the mail. Who would not vote for this solution to put this mess behind immediately? Face it, the alternative is this could drag out in the courts until no 2A state championship can be determined this year, Hanahan's kid may be declared ineligible for individual state, and so on. MULLIGAN - NOW!
Back to top Go down
2afan

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 17:37

love woodruff, hate woodruff do you really think they care, they are just ready to wrestle. they won region 4 years because they trained hard. these boys work to hard to be left hanging.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 17:44

Before Loris or Hanahan are both accused of worsening global warming or increasing the national debt, just DQ both of them and let Woodruff wrestle Chesterfield for the 2A title. We don't gouge eyes(or gauge them as some of you say) and we only have 12 wrestlers so we cant move them around in weight classes so as to make them ineligible, and our coach has never told a wrestler to lay down to take a win.
Back to top Go down
lowleg

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 18:24

We have 15 varsity wrestlers 1 hurt the other 2 didnot wrestle but have been in and out of the lineup all year.
The 2 kids did a great job all year and I am glad they will
be back and be full time starters next year .We had our state championship match and it was one of the best I have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
THE MAN

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 19:33

guest1 I agree rematch. If not I think that their won't be a 2a championship match this year. Who would get the crown then? Woodruff jw? But ik the Woodruff kids want to earn it and want revenge with loris for two years ago. What are the chances of no championship match? bc this cnt go on forever. Upperstate/ Lowerstate Individs start friday and saturday, then state individs the nxt wk end and if they have that court hearing thursday if not that day when else would they make up the state match. WHY CNT PPL JUST PLAY BY THE RULES? And as far as the eating thing i said. All of woodruffs guys are eating but if you weigh i say 103-160 your probably not eating much. now some 189,215's can eat and if your a HWT u should b able to eat all you want. you have a 70 lb window. I just want this thing to get sorted out bc theyre are inocent (wrestlers) that are suffering
Back to top Go down
Fmr Coac

PostSubject: Interesting fact about HANAHAN's Coach's Claim   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 20:03

This is a list of email Address the 2008-2009 South Carolina Weight Management procedures were sent to on Wednesday 12-10-2008 @ 12:37 pm

I have highlighted & put in bold letters Hanahan’s coach, this show me it was sent to him, now where it went on GOD knows!!!!!

This was cut & pasted off a coach’s email from Tommy Bell

----- Original Message -----
To: ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; "Howard, Russell" ; ; ; ;
; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
; ; ; ; ; "Bowe, Troy" ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
; ; ; ;
; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
; ; ; "Chad Nelson "
; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; "Bell, Robert N."
; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; "Maholtz, David"
; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; "Mann, Scott" ; ; ; ; ; <durhamadkins@berkeley.k12.sc.us>; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ; ;
; ; ; ; ;
Sent: Wednesday, December 10, 2008 12:37 PM
Subject: Weight Management Procedures

Coaches,

Here is the weight management procedures for wrestling in SC. I sent this out back in August, but many were wanting another copy of it.

Note that all changes are in BOLD and UNDERLINED. There were only two for this 2008-09 year.

MS coaches please just ignore this. MS kids do not do the hydration testing.

T.Bell
________________________________________________________________________________________ List of email Address the 2009-2010 South Carolina Weight Management procedures were sent to on Monday 11-09-2009:

I have highlighted & put in bold letters Hanahan’s coach, this show me it was sent to him, now where it went on GOD knows!!!!!

Jstephens@laurens55.k12.sc.us; edoran1@comporium.net; Blancha@berkeley.k12.sc.us; dayers@bamberg1.net; kemily@lexington1.net; rrhoades@greenville.k12.sc.us; mikenewton78@yahoo.com; locklearkenneth@aol.com; robinson55@winthrop.edu; ayersd@berkeley.k12.sc.us; cclay@horrycountyschools.net; donlickr@berkeley.k12.sc.us; keithwhite@anderson5.net; RASHEEM_NELOMS@charleston.k12.sc.us; bcyouthwrestling@yahoo.com; evan.moxie@kcsdschools.net; FischerMBSeahawks@gmail.com; Howard, Russell; jarthur@oconee.k12.sc.us; Coby.Stepp@gw.spartanburg1.k12.sc.us; hermanp@berkeley.k12.sc.us; cainwrestle@aol.com; ttalbert@greenville.k12.sc.us; teameaglewr@yahoo.com; scarru@spa3.k12.sc.us; kenveedaniel@bellsouth.net; dparker@greenville.k12.sc.us; msaffer@oconee.k12.sc.us; wdamude@hotmail.com; Alex.Graham@spart1.org; Ben.Collins@sccoast.net; JLOVIER@richlandone.org; mccormicks4family@yahoo.com; kwalker@dorchester2.k12.sc.us; sglarson@hotmail.com; zanewesboy8@aol.com; kcannon@newberry.k12.sc.us; bhpy@netzero.net; BANearhood@aol.com; rsawtelle@ssm.org; rattaway@newberry.k12.sc.us; jandsusan@yahoo.com; ahutchinson@gh.gcsd.k12.sc.us; QRiley@lexington4.net; tbennage@yahoo.com; bwagner@rock-hill.k12.sc.us; knday@hotmail.com; jfloyd@york.k12.sc.us; mhudson@lexington1.net; jsgwu@yahoo.com; ryan.mcdonnell@kcsdschools.net; dbarnhardt@foxcreek.hs.org; tbritt001@horrycountyschools.net; jsandifer@richlandone.org; jtruesdale003@sc.rr.com; raleigh_jackson@ccsdschools.com; rdonlick@bellsouth.net; jneal@greenville.k12.sc.us; mkersey@lcsd.k12.sc.us; Bowe, Troy; dbush_44@hotmail.com; lsawyerjr@charter.net; taylormarlinc@yahoo.com; amartin@acsd.k12.sc.us; dspencer@york.k12.sc.us; DWestmoreland@spartanburg4.org; tilly781982@yahoo.com; hiers@okonite.com; cowen@lcsd.k12.sc.us; David.Bush@spart1.org; TBeard@rock-hill.k12.sc.us; dstrobel@lexington1.net; rsheffield@laurens55.k12.sc.us; StricklandC@anderson3.k12.sc.us; MByrd@rock-hill.k12.sc.us; hjohnson@lcsd.k12.sc.us; Foo, Jeffrey R CW3 RET [jeffrey.foo@us.army.mil]; ray.mccallister@gw.spartanburg1.k12.sc.us; gmcdaniel@union.k12.sc.us; jgitler@dorchester2.k12.sc.us; dan.davis@conbraco.com; Josh.Fowler@spart1.org ; rboyd@marlboro.k12.sc.us; keithgoins7@aol.com; rob.sater@spartanburg2.k12.sc.us; bporter@chesterfield.k12.sc.us; jmwillia@rock-hill.k12.sc.us; bgwaters@lexington1.net; EJones@chesterfield.k12.sc.us; WPVoelke@lex5.k12.sc.us; TRobinso@rock-hill.k12.sc.us; Dwatson@upperpdymca.org; ALBERT_SPALVIERO@charleston.k12.sc.us; ecook@rock-hill.k12.sc.us; rwells@svh.richland2.org; msteinbar@marion1.k12.sc.us; aantola@horrycountyschools.net; bigben1067@hotmail.com; kcannon@chester.k12.sc.us; dale_metzger@charleston.k12.sc.us; wpgusc@yahoo.com; Tyler.Hill@spartanburg2.k12.sc.us; Brian.Maynard@beaufort.k12.sc.us; raymond_knauer@charleston.k12.sc.us; jon.rentz@spartanburg2.k12.sc.us; smorrow@horrycountyschools.net; jlocke@mail.colleton.k12.sc.us; gcwrestle83@yahoo.com; blaprad@DORCHESTER2.k12.sc.us; CLSHIRLEY@anderson2.k12.sc.us; bwilkins@greenville.k12.sc.us; wawrestling@hotmail.com; mcrain@greenville.k12.sc.us; papahugs@gmail.com; JSANFORD@rock-hill.k12.sc.us; ggauthier@spart7.org; tmarzuola@dorchester2.k12.sc.us; preid@greenville.k12.sc.us; dtucker@dorchester2.k12.sc.us; swoods@dorchester2.k12.sc.us; Chad Nelson ; jcon0129@yahoo.com; william.tuttle@beaufort.k12.sc.us; jwhitham@anderson4.k12.sc.us; Gordo64c@yahoo.com; cjohnson@newberry.k12.sc.us; Russ.Howard@spart5.net; jjordan@oconee.k12.sc.us; jeffgibbins@yahoo.com; the6dsbs@aol.com; petrasekc@clover.k12.sc.us; brthomas@bamberg1.org; Jimmy.Collins@gw.spartanburg1.k12.sc.us; BWStuard@spart7.org; bneal@horrycountyschools.net; dgilbert@gwd51.k12.sc.us; adavis@union.k12.sc.us; kwilson@lex5.k12.sc.us; rgrigsby@lex2.org; rwhitmor@rock-hill.k12.sc.us; wgainey@spm.richland2.org; MMorris@spartanburg4.org; JonesS@berkeley.k12.sc.us; willienearhood@berkeley.k12.sc.us; pdw28@orangeburg5.k12.sc.us; filterwt@msn.com; singletc@spart6.org; ken.daniel@milliken.com; McNairBD@spart6.org; wilsont@kcsd.k12.sc.us; cserafine@richlandone.org; mindy284@charter.net; brewerg@gwd50.org; roadog@dishmail.net; DFsuperstar77@msn.com; jwhitma@marion2.k12.sc.us; parrish105@yahoo.com; leonardcovington@berkeley.k12.sc.us; John.Hollman@beaufort.k12.sc.us; jkosmick@greenville.k12.sc.us; gharmon@lex5.k12.sc.us; harrelsonj@berkeley.k12.sc.us; ledforod@spart6.org; stanley.monroe@kcsdschools.net; Thomas.Voelker@gw.cherokee1.k12.sc.us; wrighta@gwd50.org; Bell, Robert; rbonnevi@rnh.richland2.org; adam_schneider@charleston.k12.sc.us; ecooper@scsd2.k12.sc.us; mhobbs@greenville.k12.sc.us; Ccarpe101@aol.com; palmera@orangeburg4.com; burreljp@pickens.k12.sc.us; dclevenger@spartanburg4.org; elpurdy@spart7.org; Maholtz, David; brockc@fort-mill.k12.sc.us; larry.lackey@gw.cherokee1.k12.sc.us; pspence@behs.com; APoole@chesterfield.k12.sc.us; JamesW@Darlington.k12.sc.us; ajbaldwi@coastal.edu; wrestle@bellsouth.net; dmcglohorn@newberry.k12.sc.us; marulloa@fort-mill.k12.sc.us; jonathan_rose@charleston.k12.sc.us; mcninneys@anderson1.k12.sc.us; lovem@sumter17.k12.sc.us; kgray@fairfield.k12.sc.us; Joe.Wickenhoefer@spart5.net; knday@islc.net; McDaniGB@spart6.org; omartinezbpd@yahoo.com; Mann, Scott; bstephenson@oconee.k12.sc.us; cslaughter@bamberg1.net; mgriffin@lexington1.net; wd1916@beaufort.k12.sc.us; mhollida@greenville.k12.sc.us; durhamadkins@berkeley.k12.sc.us; rvwrestlingcoach@yahoo.com; fitzgeraldm@clover.k12.sc.us; MWurst@anderson2.k12.sc.us; chad.cox@hotmail.com; bearmsp@hotmail.com; jking@newberry.k12.sc.us; mbiddix@rock-hill.k12.sc.us; KHowell@anderson4.k12.sc.us; stephen.sutusky@kcsdschools.net; jmahaffe@lcsd.k12.sc.us; JMorello@horrycountyschools.net; johnallengriswold@gmail.com; burton.mcdaniel@kcsdschools.net; rbigdog275@aol.com; aspowell@florence3.k12.sc.us; tonysalisbury@hotmail.com; rroberts@bbsouthcarolina.com; curt@ocgreenwood.com; Marion.Brown@charleston.k12.sc.us; danielwrestling@gmail.com; abercrombieg@anderson1.k12.sc.us; washt@berkeley.k12.sc.us; Brian.Fachko@centurum.com; tgooding@lexington1.net; kevin.knoerr@kcsdschools.net; kkimrey@lex5.k12.sc.us Shocked
Back to top Go down
Common S

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 20:58

First off, if someone from woodruff's big complaint is that their kid can't eat a regular meal, then don't cast stones at Hanahan for weight managament issues. That is sad. Especially coming from a parent. How about this novel idea....get better at wrestle and compete against people at your natural weight instead of HAVING to cut for success. That is a big part of the problem. Too many people focus too much on cutting instead of getting better. That is a big reason why SC kids flounder at less than stellar college programs. Itstead of getting better and seeking out the best competition in and out of season, "ya'll" focus on cutting weight and avoiding competition.

Hanahan should have known the rules flat out. A big "duh" to them. The fact is though, their lineup would have been better with Wolfe at 125 and Dwira at 130. I was told Wolfe was still nursing an injury and not cutting. That being said, neither Bishop England or Ashley Ridge bitched about Kofi. Do you really think they didn't know? Not likely. They probably decided it was not worth the effort and that it was time to focus on what wrestling is about, individual States. That and it is common knowledge Dwira wrestled wherever Wolfe and Boykin don't.

As for just giving the pesky state dual title to Woodruff...man that is limp. That is an empty title. Like a senior cutting to 103 and complaining about now colleges being interested.

I can see having the Hanahan/Loris rematch. But if they re-wrestle, the gap will be wider. Wolfe at 125 likely pins Gore as stretched out as he gets on his shots. Kofi pins that 130. Boykin back where he belocks. Hnacock where he belongs. Bad matchups for Loris. Both teams should beat Woodruff.

Re-wrestle the Lowerstate, then give it to Woodruff at home. At this point, who cares.
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitimeSun 14 Feb - 22:21

Former Coach,

What was the content of that email? Did it contain the rule on not weighing in more than one class above your certification? The HSL really dropped the ball not getting that rule in the rulebook, but if it was emailed to the coach he has not a leg to stand on.

Common S,

I agree with you 100% about wrestling your weight and stopping the drastic cutting, but some weight cutting will ALWAYS be a part of wrestling at every level. Hanahan obviously did not subscribe to this philosophy of not doing heavy weight cutting with Seniors going down one and two weight classes their senior year. You seem to indicate Dwira is the ONLY Hanahan wrestler losing certification due to the weight rules. Is that correct? I heard there were potentially 2 other key Hanahan wrestlers caught in the same situation? Is that true? I heard that about 3rd hand and don't really know the accuracy of it, but I'll assure you Loris and Woodruff and the other coaches at indy state will have a copy of their weight list after all of this. Your comment on Gilliam may be unfair. I see where you're coming from but the kid is just small and not sure he is really cutting down? Bishop England and Ashly Ridge were not within a few points of advancing against Hanahan. Hanahan ripped them a new one - no reason to protest about one kid - apples and oranges comparison. If Hanahan is that much better it will show in the rematch and the rightful team will be advancing as it should be.

Peace out
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL   INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

INJUNCTION AGENST LORIS HIGH SCHOOL
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next