A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
matslap3

Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Empty
PostSubject: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 14:26

Abbeville vs Palmetto at home and Woodruff faces Central at home. Abbeville and Palmetto could be a close match, either team could win. Woodruff should cruise through central. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 19:47

thats it, keep overlooking central.
Back to top Go down
double

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 0:37

i predict

abbeville-41
palmetto-28

woodruff-48
central-20
Back to top Go down
Observer

PostSubject: Seedings   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 1:08

They certainly look to be a joke when it comes to the seeding process used. Bunny out of a hat maybe? It sseems like the best matches came first round from the same region Rolling Eyes when it is all said and done. Poor, Poor, Poor job of seeding the upper state. Coaches and teams work way to hard to have it all stripped away buy a ten minute unimformed seeding meeting that seems to be run buy the same coaches year in and year out. Maybe it is time for a change in seeding critieeria commitee personel!
Back to top Go down
AllTheWa

PostSubject: Seedingslol   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 2:25

I agree! I was told that after they got the top 4..they drew out of a hat for the rest. Thats a bunch of crap. I believe it is time for a change. Thats sad that they are too lazy to look at records and head to head matchups. If they had done that then the seeding would have been very diffrent besides 1 & 2. J

Broome 54, Liberty 19 Liberty 9 seed Broome 11 seed. Please explain that someone. May i
add im not a Broome fan, just making an "Air Tight Case". Alot of teams
were screwed by the hat drawing..lol what a joke. Snow or not...there is
something called the telephone (tele confrence) or email.
Strom Thurmond 10th lol
Back to top Go down
lowleg

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 11:35

Maybe we can get some fans that want to bash the coaches do it. It does not matter where you start it is where you end up.
Back to top Go down
observat

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 12:57

Central was very lucky Saturday. Crescent had a lot of starters out due to injury and bumped up half of their line up and still almost stuck it to them. Best of luck to you central.
Back to top Go down
AllTheWa

PostSubject: Lol   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 19:25

I was right! No one could explain that one. lol
Back to top Go down
2afan

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 23:02

woodruff wins
Back to top Go down
2a Fan

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 23:14

Scores ??
Back to top Go down
2afan

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 23:22

i think it was 51-23
Back to top Go down
Justa fa

PostSubject: Seeding   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb - 12:25

Do you know why you never here of any trashing of the seeding commitee at the AAA and AAAA level? Because they have a set seeding criteria! Something AA has needed for years! It only works if the coaches will agree to give up the position of power and work out the details. Coaches that schedule tough opponents: like two thirds of thier schedule being AAAA (not calling out any names) or having to wrestle your region first round etc. should be remedied immediatley. Otherwise, coaches that care about seeding will be forced to scheduled a weaker team or two (or twenty) in order to have a chance at a deep run in the team playoffs. Just my opionion.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb - 12:40

I thought the criteria used this year in order was:
1-Head to Head
2-Common Opponents
3-Record

Was this not the case? That is how Hanahan got seeded above Loris (Common Opponent~Bamberg).
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb - 13:25

Correct me if I'm wrong justa...but I think where teams like broome, chesnee and plametto got the screws was because they seem to wrestle each other several times in a year, and they seem to split those matches. Head to head (against the skyline for instance) gets thrown out the window, because it didn't happen, and then your 2A winning percentage stinks because you lost several matches against teams in your region? How do you correct for that? Stop wrestling the same dang team 3 or 4 times a year! Duh. What sense does that make anyway? Region 2-AA seems notorious for that. Schedule your county tournament on a different day than Lakelands and go get some of those head-to-head matchups with the Skyline teams. Believe it or not, decisions like that are part of a coaches job.

The bottom line, and it is bearing out now, is Region 2-AA has better wrestlers than the Skyline this year, but the Skyline has smarter coaches! lol! The Skyline was way down in talent this year.

Broome always makes the claim they wrestle bigger teams and get slighted and so on. Fact is other upstate teams do the same thing. Crescent routinely wrestles Hillcrest, BHP, and many other big schools. They have wrestled in the Slam Duals in past years too. Walhalla travels to NC a lot and gets it from the big schools in Asheville like Enka, Morehead, West Henderson and at home they wrestled Westoak, BHP, Boiling Springs twice, and Riverside. Your seeding problem has less to do with wrestling big schools than it does wrestling each other too much, and not getting needed head-to-heads. Schedule some skyline teams instead of wrestling the same teams in your region 3 times. Woodruff did that this year by venturing over to the Abbeville Duals. Low and behold they got their head-to-head wins and a good playoff seed. You guys aren't seeming too bright over in Spartanburg County when you come on here year in and year out and can't figure this one out!

No doubt the seeders went brain-dead when they seeded Liberty above Broome and Chesnee. I'll give you that, but for Chesnee and Broome to be seeded out of the top 4 is very understandable. What is the definition of INSANITY? I think it is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different outcome?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: region ii AA   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb - 14:33

The region HAD to wrestle twice this and every year. That is not a coaches decision. Before you start throwing off on the region coaches, you need to know the facts. Broome was scheduled for the Abbeville duals and to call because of several inches of snow and ice. Not the coaches fault, just bad luck. Get your facts straight before calling out coaches.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Broome   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb - 14:36

Just check the facts: Broome wrestled18 matches against AAAA and AAA; 6 of the top ten AAAA teams. Wrestle a schedule like that and not a bunch of private schools from georgia and then we can talk.
Back to top Go down
RedBird

PostSubject: ur   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb - 19:54

We do have to wrestle region teams twice for some reason but you are right about scheduling teams like crecent and wahalla. It would help....Chesnee is a 2nd year program and wasn't expected to be as strong. So the schedule really didn't seem like a big deal..no ones fault really. Broome...i don't know what to say bout that..they should knew better 10 or 15 years ago.
Back to top Go down
lowleg

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb - 20:24

What is the problem ? It does not matter when you get beat 1st round 2nd round you are still beat. Need to concentrate on getting better instead of seeding.
Back to top Go down
noleg

PostSubject: lowleg   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeTue 9 Feb - 23:56

Your stupid remard would mean that seeding is not necessary. So we should just have number one and number two wrestle first and whatever happens after that just happens. You are really not very bright.
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb - 0:06

guest, who made the rule you had to wrestle each region team twice? The other regions don't do that. I am guessing it stems back to when Region 2-AA only had 3 wrestling teams in the whole region where the skyline and others typically had 5 or 6? Is that the case? I did not realize there was several inches of snow and ice that weekend. I think all of the other teams in the area showed up and wrestled at Abbeville? I could be mistaken there.

Definitely no doubt Chesnee and Broome (maybe palmetto) should have been seeded higher, but like Lowleg mentions what does it really matter? I mean they had the obvious favorites on opposite sides of the bracket. Would it make you feel that much better to say you made it to the third round instead of the second? I think everyone could agree Woodruff and Abbeville were the deserving top 2 seeds. After that you had a lower tier of Chesnee, Walhalla, Palmetto, Broome, Crescent, Central and so on. I felt Palmetto was on a level above those actually, but apparently they had lost some momentum and performed rather ugly in the middle of the season. Looks like Abercrombie has them back on track and vying for a title.

I'm not exactly sure which team you refer to as wrestling private schools in GA? If you mean Crescent and Woodward Academy (only one I can think of) you are very uninformed on your comment. Woodward typically has a darn tough wrestling team.

BTW...the smarter coach comment was sarcasm. The buck-toothed dude waving a sign should've been a dead giveaway! I do believe however that Broome and Chesnee need to wrestle as many of the othe upstate teams as they can schedule. It would be good for seeding and wrestling in general. It seems we never see Broome wrestle the other top 2A teams (outside of region 2-AA) unless it is in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
lowleg

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb - 0:32

I may not be very smart but been apart of a very good program for years .You don't beg for respect you earn it. I was not at the seed meeting but they have a cirteria they go by. I don't have a dog in this fight but when you start talking about the ones that care about wrestling the most that is uncalled for.

Joe Alley
Back to top Go down
PANCAKE

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb - 0:44

I know that there was criteria and it was followed. Most just want to bash coaches and post unjust comments. you must also look at teams who have uncontrolable circumstances in the playoffs such as injuries and loosing them. To say that since they did advance they should not have been seeded where they were is incorrect.
Back to top Go down
RedBird

PostSubject: I   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb - 10:11

I also know the seeding did not go by criteria. Drawing out of a hat after top 4 is not criteria. Don't talk about something you have no clue of. Im happy for Palmetto but even on there best day they can't beat Chesnee and they beat abbeville. It's true we didn't wrestle enough upperstate 2a teams..thats our own fault...but it does matter what seed u get and it does matter what round u make it to. The wrestlers that train and wrestle hard for months it matters to them...It matters to the fans...the student body that supported a 2nd year team that came out and beat teams that have years under there belt. It's over now though so it should be dropped and just move on toward the end of the season. We learned our lesson about the seedings..we will just try to schedule every team we possibly can in 2a upperstate..that way if we are #1 or #2 it will be unanamous.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeWed 10 Feb - 11:35

the purpose of the seeding is to ensure the top two teams meet. Does this always happen...no. In this case...I believe it did. The upperstate was a circus with everyone beating everyone but the two most consistent teams are meeting in the finals. Just like the NFL where you playoffs were crazy with half the teams playing each other on consecutive weeks and my beloved Cowboys having to go to Minnesota when they had already thrashed the Saints....but in the end the #1 and 2 teams both met in the AFC and NFC championships.

I haven't followed the upperstate as strong as in years past so I could easily be persuaded otherwise....if anyone can rebutt.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
AllTheWa

PostSubject: lol   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitimeThu 11 Feb - 4:28

No!...the top teams don't always meet. Check your history. If they did there would be no such word as UPSET in sports.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round   Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upperstate 2A matchups 3rd round
Page 1 of 1