A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

dream matchups

Go down 
+3
LSO
Lex L.
NSwrestler(retired)
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 15:44

what teams would everyone like to see head to head that are not necessarily matchups that happen often? These can be across classification or however you want to make them.

I personally would like to see:
Bamberg Ehrardt vs Ninety Six (maybe at Lakelands duals?)
NMB vs Ninety Six (also maybe at lakelands, more for sentimental value than anything)
Hanahan vs Abbeville (just like the matchup i guess)
Battle Royale of all of the coaches considered to be in the "Super Heavyweight" class
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 17:28

What are the teams going???

Chesterfield v hanahan.
Hanahan v abbeville
Hanahan v Woodruff (are they there?)

I'm sure everyone wants to test Chestefield.

Teamwise, BE is weak. We have a decent 130 though so stick us wherever.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 17:47

Lex this is the list I have seen from SCMAT, the list only has 15 so I'm assuming a 16th has been added by now but no clue who they are. Looks like no woodruff though.

Ninety Six
Crescent
Emerald
White Knoll
Bamberg-Erhardt
BHP
Abbeville
Laurens
Greenwood
Hanahan
Palmetto
Bishop England
Newberry
Chesterfield
Liberty
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 17:53

Didnt mean this to turn into a purely Lakelands discussion, but it doesn't hurt to discuss it since it's coming up soon and brings a good mix of upper and lower state.

I'm kind of disappointed to see North Myrtle is not on the list this year, I'm guessing there was a scheduling conflict.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 18:44

Chesterfield and Hanahan agreed in the offseason to both request the chance to wrestle each other.

Right now, I would have to say that the frontrunners would be White Knoll and BHP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
djmrem28

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-27

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 18:54

NSwrestler - i love the ideal of COACHES BATTLE ROYAL ! what a fund rasier that could be ! Heck I know i could talk Coach Martin ( abbeville ) into it and i'd drive down from Ohio myself !
Dad in Ohio :-) lol!
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 22:32

Personally, I think there will be some amazing matches at the lakelands this year. I hope hanahan and c'field do get to meet up. I would love to wrestle all of the teams at this tournament though I know it won't happen. We thoroughly enjoyed the tournament last year and it looks like this year will be just as good. If I had to pick two teams Bamberg could wrestle, it would be Abbeville and Crescent. I don't know what the outcomes would be but I think some of the match ups would be pretty good. Hiers and Whitield (Crescent) had a good match at the Blue Devil as did Hammett and Pierce (Crescent). Would like to see Oaks (Abbeville) wrestle Long at 30 or 35. I have great respect for both of these teams so please do not think I am calling anyone out, I'm just excited to see what happens.

C.Slaughter
Bamberg-Ehrhardt High School
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 0:19

I enjoyed watching Bamberg at their tournament this year. I would like to see them against Abbeville, Crescent, and Hanahan now that Hanahan has their kids at the weights they will be for state.

I think Lakelands is a great event for 1a/2a. BE went for the first time last year and subsequently decided it is a must. Heck, it actually lures Hanahan out of Charleston and away from the dreaded Burke's, Timberland's, Military Magnet's, and the like.
Back to top Go down
matslap3

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 1:31

Lakelands should be much better this yr. than last, some much improved teams and still some of the same strong ones....will be some good matches...chesterfield, BHP, probably will meet in championship match if not on the same side....Laurens and Hanahan will give some teams fits...Abbeville should get a win or two....should be fun....
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 13:46

this is gonna be tough for me, my favorite wrestling tournament of the year, or clemson vs duke on college gameday. I think I'll try to do both
Back to top Go down

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 14:23

personally I would like to see as indiv.:
rankin vs. humphries
Oaks vs. Harper
Gilliam vs. anyone his age/size
Tillman vs Burr
Geiges vs Oaks
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 14:43

Those should be good.

I would also like to see:
Hanahan v. Chesterfield:
-Hancock v Crowley (this will be a straight up pasty gangster fistfight)
-Wolfe v Moore/Alley/Trexler

Hanahan v. Crescent
-Wolfe v. Whitfield

Hanahan v. Palmetto
JJ Johson v. Adams
Hancock v Frasier

Hanahan v Abbeville:
Wolfe v. Oaks
Boykin v. Oaks
Hancock v. Tillman

Chesterfield v Crescent:
Whitfield v Alley/Moore
Burr v Madden

Lots of good potential matchups. Hopefully it won't be too difficult to catch the action while coaching a sh--ter.

Chesterfield v Ninety Six
Maltby v Bertolini
Back to top Go down
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 16:41

What about Oaks/Harper/Geiges in the same bracket? That would be a tough little bracket. I am assuming some bumping up or down would have to happen???
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 17:17

do not leave the sleeper, Daniel Trexler, out of that mix. This kid took Ben Creed into overtime and wrestles tough matches against other technicians. On any given day he can take gold.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 17:41

Lex, in addition to maltby v bertolini, nunamaker v burr might be interesting too if the Chesterfield vs Ninety Six match happens. 2 completely different bodies and wrestling styles (and a 1v2 matchup based on the SCMAT rankings)
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan - 10:15

Wren Fan and Ninety-Six Wrestler: I agree with those as well.
I just got tired of typing.

I was told yesteday that not only will there be the 2 lb growth allowance, but there will also be an additional two pounds. So 130 is 134.

As for Geiges, his walk around weight is between 128-132 withough any cutting. For wahatever reason, his weight certification came back at something ridiculous like 129.6, so he can't go down for matchups. It would have been easier for us to have him do that as we have no 119lber and usually don't have a 125 lber. We do however have a bunch of kids lumped in between Derek and 135/140. So bumping him up for a match up for us takes at least another kid out of a dual. Being that the parents of the other kids around there would rather their kids sit on the bench instead of cut, this is what we have. BE's parents/admin tend to be busy bodies (which is funny considering no one other than Geiges wrestles in the off season-yeah I'm calling you all out) or so I've heard.

All that being said............Geiges will be at 130 or 134 it is. Feel free to bump around to match up with him.

As for Chesterfield and Ian Harper. Some of you need to understand that Chesterfield has GOOD guys all around that they may feel need to get the normal match ups for post season. I don't know how much bumping they will be doing because of that (unless they know someone else is bumping away for a matchup).
From Maltby-Burr, they are loaded. Bumpers, pick your poison.
Back to top Go down

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan - 10:24

Awesome post - Lex calling out "busy body" BE parents! Gotta love it! Anyone else think Lex may get some motherly glares at the next event? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan - 12:03

Guest_
You have no idea what Geiges and Coach Spence have to put up with.......
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeFri 15 Jan - 13:04

Harper is no longer certified at 130 after weighing in at 140 against Dutch Fork.
Back to top Go down
narley

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeMon 18 Jan - 21:44

wat you guys think the results would be on the dream matchups
Back to top Go down
lakeland

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeTue 19 Jan - 22:39

so this weekend at lakelands we will see alot of matchups...
oaks vs geiges
oaks vs harper
oaks vs dwira
harper vs geiges
harper vs wolfe
long vs harper
long vs geiges
long vs oaks
geiges vs dwira

these are possible not set in stone. . . wat are your thoughts on these?
Back to top Go down
new guy

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-31

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 1:12

havent seen wolfe in the last two weeks? dwira is strong but could be a monster as soon as he realizes how to wrestle... kid is talent waiting to explode ...or implode?,,,,,waiting for the results.. cant make it to lakelands...please post everything possibel!
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 1:53

Any chance LSO gets the live feed stuff working for Lakelands? would be awesome to have matches broadcast online for those who cant make it
Back to top Go down
glenn

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 2:21

Rick Astley or LexL?

giggidy Wink
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 9:36

No Rick Rolls' from this guy.

Dwira and Geiges have wrestled twice already. Both uneventful matches where Hanahan's Kofi essentially ran out of bounds every chance he got to avoid wrestling. Phantom eye pokes and everything. Hopefully a matchup with Geiges won't be wasted at Lakelands with another Road Runner vs. Geiges bout. I would vote thumbs down on that one.
Back to top Go down

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 10:29

Roadrunner huh...lol. Dying to know if ol' Wile E. Geiges had the full support of the busy body BE moms in the audience? I mean... is it possible some were pulling for the cute little roadrunner to get away?....or did they all have Acme detonation devices hidden in their purses? A roadrunner with the name Koffi Dwira...curious if he says "mmmeeeep meep" with an accent?

OK all before you go off I'm just trying to lighten the mood here.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 10:38

I think myself and Geiges have more Hanahan parents that like us because of the Pitbull Club, than BE parents......
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 10:50

All this talk has me ready for the weekend, can't wait to see some of the match-ups, team and individual. Has anyone seen anything on the pools for the tournament yet? I know that we, Bamberg, are looking forward to the competition we are going to get this weekend. This is going to be an awesome tournament and anyone who misses out on this one is missing out on some of the best wrestling in the state this weekend.
Back to top Go down
el

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitimeWed 20 Jan - 13:58

Has Blake Whitfield - Crescent and Tyler Alley - Chesterfield wrestled each this year???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

dream matchups Empty
PostSubject: Re: dream matchups   dream matchups Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

dream matchups
Page 1 of 1