A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abbeville vs Walhalla

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
matslap3

Abbeville vs Walhalla Empty
PostSubject: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan - 8:19

The panthers travel to Walhalla on tuesday night, should be a great match. My opinion is that it may be decided by 10pts. or less either way. Would love to c rankin bump up to 130 and wrestle Oaks. Abbeville gets 3 starters back that they didnt have against Crescent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeMon 11 Jan - 11:44

Walhalla is severely depleted by injuries. I don't think they have half of their original starting lineup. The coaches may bump Rankin to 130. I know he is weight certified 119. Giving up 2 weight classes worth of strength to Adam, who is probably more of a 135 pounder(?), would be a tall order.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan - 9:48

Does anyone know the outcome of the skyline matches last night?
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan - 10:41

Personally, I think that would be a smart move. Not sure what Abbeville has down low, but I know Walhalla has some tough kids down low. If they can win 119 and 125 without Rankin then I would mos def take that chance. Its a roll of the dice but it may give the team a chance to win with injury depletion...and if the team is too depleted to win despite bumping around then at least you create a quality matchup in a dual match that cannot be won. I would have to see weigh in sheets to make a better informed decision, however.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeTue 12 Jan - 16:14

That stinks for Walhalla. They were looking really strong! How long are the kids out for?
Back to top Go down
Score

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 2:07

Abbeville-45 walhalla-31. Did not look to be injury depleted at all. I have done my research and walhalla wrestled their line up like they have all year. Correct if I'm wrong I don't want to sound ignorant
Back to top Go down
matslap3

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 5:05

Congrats to the Panthers.....older guys are taking care of business and the younger guys are stepping up, they have to cause they r 5 or 6 guys wanting to crack the starting line up...great to get pushed in practice...i am sure when the injury depleted razorbacks get healthy(wink) they will give Abby an even closer match. Panthers wrestling ok but havent started that extra push yet...Pendleton comes to Abbeville thursday with a much improved team....
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 10:24

Was there a Rankin v Oaks match?

In years past you upperstate guys proudly posted match results and how the flow went. Now it is just:
"We are injury depleted and lost."
"We did well, but can do better."
'We had several people not make weight. Next time we should have it together."

Are there any individual matchups going on in the upperstate or does everyone line up and hold hands and then play rugby instead of wrestle?

Not trying to offend anybody. Just curious as a fan who rarely gets to see the upperstate kids compete..
Back to top Go down
HOLLIDAY

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 13:29

oaks didnt wrestle rankin
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 13:38

I appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
HOLLIDAY

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 13:39

welcome
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 13:52

did ellis wrestle justin nathan at 171 scratch
Back to top Go down
matslap3

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 14:13

103-Abbeville first yr. wrestler went 3 periods but lost by dec. should have won.
112-Abbeville first yr. wrestler went 3 and got pinned by Joseph but gave him all he could handle, and got caught.
119-Alex Oaks pinned in lst
125-Abbeville lst yr. wrestler got pinned by Rankin in lst.
130-K.Simmons won by dec. in o/t
135-Adam Oaks pinned
140-Humphries pinned
145-Richmond got pinned
152-Tillman won by pin
160-Wells got pinned
171-Ellis went 3 with Nathan dec. 12-3
189-Holliday won by pin
215-Enright won by pin
285-Mudd won by pin
Davis, Manning, and Riley did not wrestle for Abbeville

On another note Chesnee seems to be the team no one knew about in upstate, they have beaten broome, woodruff and palmetto (i think) palmetto might have won by tie break criteria...Loris and Hanahan seem to be the front runners to get to state from the lower and Abbeville along with anyone from broome, woodruff, chesnee and palmetto from the upper. Abbeville might get some key match ups with these teams sat. at Woodruff, should be a fun day.
Back to top Go down
DRank

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeWed 13 Jan - 20:49

Lex, I think Guest's post about walhalla was not intended to be an excuse but more of an accurate assessment and prediction. The match had not happened yet at that point. Walhalla was walking wounded after the Enka Duals last Sat, and I expect that was why he commented that way. They thought one kid broke his hand, another tweaked a shoulder, one had a very scary back injury, and another an ankle, all in one day. So, all of those kids went into Abbeville very questionable. On top of that one starter from last year, Smith, broke his neck preseason, their STUD Jackson is out with injury (he would pin Abbeville 215 in 30 sec), their freshman phenom Hwt White shredded a knee at Woodmont Duals, McCoy (2 time SQ) is out (not sure if that is injury or not).

All of that said it really does not matter. As Gary pointed out Abbeville has kids out too. You wrestle with the kids you have. The kids Abbeville had were better last night. They came in with athleticism, determination, and swagger and were the better team. The match was a pin-fest and several matches could have gone either way. Walhalla took kids down and had them on their backs, inches from a pin, in three weight classes (119, 140, and 215 -- up 5-0 early in all 3) and lost all three of those matches by pin. That's brutal. They lost the only OT match and the ref missed a pin at 171. Maybe they can improve and turn their performance around before the next meeting.

Rankin was not at 125 as Gary listed in the results above. He wrestled 130. He was hoping for that matchup with Adam and did his part to make it happen, but it didn't happen. He could not bump another class to 135. Can't blame Coach Martin for not taking that chance. His team came in the prohibitive favorite - no need for him to get fancy with matchups.

My assessment - Abbeville is strong, athletic, confident, and well-coached... but vulnerable and they could lose to a broome, woodruff, walhalla, chesnee, palmetto or crescent on a given night.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jan - 0:09

Thank you for the details.
My post was not meant towards Guest or anybody in particular. I just happened to post on this thread. It just seems like in years past there was a fierce rivalry and a pride in how the matches went in the skyline and everyone talked up the matches a good bit. This season, I sometimes wonder if any wrestling takes place.

I'm a fan and I like to see good matchups. If Rankin stepped up to 130 while planning on 119 for state in order to get competition, props to him. Too bad the match up did not happen. Sucks for fans. True fans.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville vs Walhalla   Abbeville vs Walhalla Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbeville vs Walhalla
Page 1 of 1