A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abbeville at Liberty

Go down 
+2
CU
matslap
6 posters
AuthorMessage
matslap

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-29

Abbeville at Liberty Empty
PostSubject: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan - 14:46

Abbeville travels to Liberty on tues., if they win it will be their first region championship. Should be a good match. Liberty should be pumped up, with a win it would put Liberty in a 3 way tie with Abbeville and Walhalla.
Back to top Go down
Fish

PostSubject: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeSun 25 Jan - 14:57

Slap I can't see Liberty beating Abbeville. Based on the report on scvarsity they went 2-6 at Greenville this weekend and got smacked down good against walhalla. Never know with the matchups but panthers should cruise. If Liberty were to win what is the region tie breaker?

Could anyone who was at the Greenville tourny give us an update? Any good indy matchups?
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan - 0:14

I was there but didn't watch every match individually, I tried to keep an eye on all four mats. I know that Liberty did not wrestle the same line up they did against Crescent and seemed to be subbing in a lot of back ups, but overall I still think it would be tough for them to beat Abbeville. Walhalla looked ok but pretty weak at the heavier weight classes. Some great matches at the tourney in other news though. Watching Lexington, Eastside, and Lugoff go at it was fun to watch. Eastside is just on another level right now.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan - 3:47

I don't see Abbeville losing this match, but they have to get past a Woodruff team that's already beaten them in Abbeville's home gym. Either team probably gets beaten by a Loris team that didnt fall off much from last year. As always, there's parody in the Upstate and the Lowerstate is topheavy.
Back to top Go down
matslap

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan - 9:52

Dont forget that Abbeville beat Woodruff in their home gym this year also, they have wrestled twice. And it seems that since Woodruff only beat Broome by 4 or 5 pts. this past fri. night one must also add Broome into the mix, along with possibly Palmetto.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Abbeville   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan - 13:03

I agree would not crown abbeville just yet and would not rule out Palmetto and Broome. I do think upstate will come down to Woodruff Abbeville Palmetto or Broome. Strange things like injuries and illness seem to always pop up around playoff time - flu season. Remember 96 last year getting upset by Broome. I think they had some injuries pop up. And walhalla was my upstate favorite but they were mildly upset by woodruff. Both of their eventual state champs got beat inthat match one pinned and lost to woodruff by a point or two. Strange things happen in the post-season.
Back to top Go down
ramfan

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan - 16:07

Palmetto has way too many holes to realistically compete, unless they had some guys out this weekend.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan - 19:23

matslap i didnt realize y'all had wrestled twice, I was at the match in Abbeville (wasn't oaks out then?) So maybe Abbeville is the favorite to win upperstate. I still dont see them getting past loris though.
Back to top Go down
matslap

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan - 21:11

Yes, Oaks was out along with our 160 and 285.
Back to top Go down
lowleg

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeMon 26 Jan - 21:44

Chesterfield wrestled Broome at Clover . We had Palmetto and Abbeville this past weekend.I think Abbeville wins big against either team. Have not seen Woodruff this year.We wrestled Loris before christmas I would give Loris a slight edge it will be a good match could go either way.
Back to top Go down
djmrem28

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan - 16:45

For the folks from Ohio who follow abbeville , please post any result when u can - gonna be a great match , just wish we could be there!!!! GO PANTHERS !
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeTue 27 Jan - 23:07

Abbeville won 52-19 I believe? I think I counted five Liberty victories overall. Abbeville wrestlers wrestled hard even when losing.
Back to top Go down
matslap

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 0:22

Final score was 52-18, Abbeville gave up a pin at 112 to Gigenheimer and lost decisions at 160, 171, and 189 had moved some guys around it was 47-9 with those 3 wt.classes left, Abbeville wins Skyline first team since 99 to win it other than Crescent and Walhalla, West-Oak won it in 99.
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 0:52

Should of been one other decision if the score was 18 right?
Back to top Go down
iWrestle

iWrestle

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2009-01-21

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 2:26

we lost at 112
we lost a close one at 119
we lost at 160
we lost at 171
Back to top Go down
djmrem28

Number of posts : 21
Registration date : 2009-01-27

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 8:45

thanks for update ! great to find sites like this to allow me to keep up with Abbeville and other area schools ! GO PANTHERS !
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitimeWed 28 Jan - 11:38

Well between the two that gives the full wins. 103, 125, 130, 135, 140, 145, 152, 215, and HVY all went to Abbeville. It will be fun to watch the individual tournament this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville at Liberty   Abbeville at Liberty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbeville at Liberty
Page 1 of 1