A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Upperstate Champs....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
CU

CU

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-22

Upperstate Champs.... Empty
PostSubject: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb - 23:17

Abbeville wins tonight over Walhalla. Not sure of individuals because I was not there. Abbeville won by at least ten.
Back to top Go down
jfk

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb - 23:45

Abbeville won 34-31. Hard fought match on both sides. I doubted the panthers but they really wrestled well. The excessive celebration at the end was stupid. not sure who it was but someone fell and got knocked out. whoever it was will surely not be wrestling saturday. it will hurt the panthers.
Back to top Go down
JOE

PostSubject: Match ups   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeWed 11 Feb - 23:51

What were the individual results?
Back to top Go down
matslap

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 0:10

Abbeville wins 34-25 and forfeited the last 2 matches at 285 and 103. Walhalla wrestled well and will be tough to beat.
Back to top Go down
matslap

Number of posts : 42
Registration date : 2008-08-29

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 0:18

walhalla will be tough to beat next year. hats off to the razorbacks wrestled well tonight.
Back to top Go down
lion

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 0:18

Loris cruises to the final. Wins big over Cheraw.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 0:37

we ready...
we ready...
Back to top Go down
guest2

PostSubject: Upperstate Champs   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 1:26

I can see the newspaper headlines now -- "Abbeville Ices Upperstate" Laughing Rolling Eyes or maybe "Football School Learns How Not to Celebrate a Wrestling Victory....the Hard Way" Laughing Laughing

Seriously, Abbeville is a tough team and I do hope Cowan is ok and ok to go Sat. He looked to be knocked out cold as a cucumber. I'd guess he has suffered a major concussion. Ambulance called in. Will be surprised if he wrestles Sat...could be the difference in winning state. Abbeville could have been disqualified from the match for those shenanigans. Glad they were not. They are the best upperstate team. The atmosphere in that little crackerjackbox gym was jammin.

We definitely saw the best two teams in the upperstate tonight and they put on a good show. Final score was 36-25. Abbeville did forfeit out at Hwt and 103. Score would have been about the same though as walhalla would've pinned at Hwt and majored or more at 103. Walhalla was scrappy but the Panthers just had too many weapons. Abbeville coaches pulled a masterful move in cutting the entire bottom half of the lineup down a weight class. This really neutralized Walhalla's strength in the lightweights. Walhalla missed pins at 119 and 135 by inches. They needed those and wins at 152 and an upset to pull it off. Wasn't in the cards. Great job Panthers. Good luck and represent the upstate well at state! No Gatorade baths please!
Back to top Go down
lets get

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 11:33

there will be no need for a Gatorade baths
not for them lol!
Back to top Go down
WOW

PostSubject: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 12:09

Scroll down to the last pictures and it shows Cowan KNOCKED OUT!!! It is classic...I hate to make light because he is a great wrestler and I hope he is OK...But it is a funny situation and for the newspaper to get pics of it makes it an instant classic....
Back to top Go down
WOW

PostSubject: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 12:11

Back to top Go down
WOW

PostSubject: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 12:12

Back to top Go down
wow

PostSubject: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 12:12

It is on the Anderson Independent Mail website
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: upperstate   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 13:52

103 — Ian Conley (W) by forfeit;
112 — Kennan Simmons (A) 9-2 over Zack Lee (W);
119 — Andrew Rankin (W) 14-4 over Drayton Epps (A);
125 — Adam Oaks (A) 8-2 over Cody Sanders (W);
130 — Andrew Tillman (A) pinned David McCoy (W);
135 — Dalton Nichols (W) 12-8 over Jarrett Humphries (A);
140 — Josh Cowan (A) 21-4 over Jacob Ivester (W);
145 — Antonio Tillman (A) pinned Lane Rochester (W);
152 — Jonathan Patterson (A) 7-4 over Joey Harper (W);
160 — Justin Nathan (W) pinned Avaryhus Sherard (A);
171 — James Power (A) 6-0 over John Aguilar (W);
189 — Beau Sanders (A) 8-3 over Chris Glenn (W);
215 — Bryan Glace (A) 6-0 over Nathan Jackson (W);
Hwt — Austin Hedden (W) by forfeit
Back to top Go down
GuestFan

PostSubject: Upperstate Champs   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitimeThu 12 Feb - 15:58

Hey lets get,

If your Loris boys decide to do a Gatorade bath make sure they don't add ice!! A hilarious yet scary situation all at the same time. Josh appeared to be coming around and cognizant when I left. He appeared to sustain a major cut across the brow. Anyone have a report on him? I'd like to know he is okay...because he is a good kid... and I can't laugh about the whole situation without feeling guilty until I know he is okay. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upperstate Champs....   Upperstate Champs.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Upperstate Champs....
Page 1 of 1