A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2011 PALMETTO DUALS

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

2011 PALMETTO DUALS Empty
PostSubject: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeTue 1 Mar - 11:04

4/16/11

Free to all SC Wrestlers

Team Michigan already committed!!!!!

It twill be HS only this year.

Any Coaches wanting to volunteer for 1A/2A Team, 3A Team, 4A Team. Let me know

Michael Sanders

Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeTue 1 Mar - 11:07

mr. sanders,

shoot me an email sometime at dwatson@dssinc.com. I have lost your email address.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeTue 1 Mar - 11:32

Mike, I will do 1A/2A for the Palmetto Duals. Just let me know. cslaughter@bamberg1.net
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 16:58

Sounds great coach!!!!!!

Can you email me ....? mike.sanders@fluor.com
Back to top Go down
Jeff Brule

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 20:48

I'd love to help out, just let me know how..jsbruley@comcast.net
I'm still rather green about how things are done in SC, forgive my ignorance, is the HSL involved in this tour? If not, why the breakdown in class (1a / 2a / 3a / 4a).
I'll mention this to coach Adkins and see if we can get some wrestlers in from Hanahan.
look fwd to your reply
coach brule, jeff
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 22:32

Coach Brule, they break it down to get more SC kids involved. There is an overall Team Palmetto that travels up and down the east coast and what not. They only have it broken down for this one tournament. Supposed to be the "best" from each classification on that day. It's pretty fun, I've attended the tournament the last two years at Byrnes and Newberry. Got to see some pretty awesome matches.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeWed 2 Mar - 23:30

I love that this event will be at the Citadel, but...

As of right now, there has been the Freestyle/greco tournament scheduled at Hanahan on the same date...It has been for months. Pit Bull Club was planning on having a bronze coaching clinic done at this tournament as well as freestyle duals with other clubs/teams. We were even in talks with some interesting sponsors that would provide special time-ref-tapper girls. I have groups from Florida and NC that have contacted me about the Pit Bull event. I was looking at even getting a jump castle for the little dudes and dudettes after they were done competing.

I am a little surprised that the Palmetto Duals were scheduled 15 minutes away on the same day. Maybe it was an oversight. I know that USA and SCYWAY were supposed to coordinate events so there would not be any of these silly conflicts. Jerry Wigger is an officer in both organizations I believe. Hopefully we can separate the events on separate dates. If not, there will be a lot of quality kids missing out on each other and NONE of the Pit Bull kids would be going to the Palmetto Duals.

Brule, you may want to hold off before you volunteer Hanahan kids. Well, at least the Pit Bull kids.

I will see what I can do to change the date to May. Maybe after the Ironman. Availability of the gym is going to be a factor. If it is in May I may be able to get a few Sooner's to come down for any local Open guys to match up with. The hard part is the sponsors and the Bronze coaching clinic I was working on with USA Wrestling to get at our event....

Mike, if I can get our event changed to May, is there a possibility of adding a Freestyle or Greco duals to the Palmetto event? If there was, I would think Donlick would make ref's available as he is for Greenwood this year for the freestyle/greco portion. Feel free to email me at bingram@carolinaone.com.
Back to top Go down
C-LEWIS

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 8:26

I was thinking of dropping that date any way. Two events plus the camp is asking to much of the school to do for a nonaffiliated team. I think it would be good for the kids to do the duals. It would help bridge that gap between scusa and all others.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 9:27

Coach Brule,
Thanks, We would need all the help we can get and we would love the Hanahan kids coming over for a good day of wrestling. And heck it is free. The breakdown is pretty much as stated by coach slaughter. We have a travel Team Palmetto that will be competing. This is what some call our "State" Team.....our "All Star Team". This team will have a schedule of tournaments including the Disney Duals. But to make it more interesting we have more SC teams that just compete on this date. After Team Palmetto is selected. We break them down by classification. Kids get a chance to wrestle competition they never get to see during the year. For example, 2A guys get to wrestle 4A kids. And as a bigger bonus you get to see kids from Michigan, NC, OH, PA, etc.
Many times you see kids take pride in their classification team. And see kids really going after it!!!! Just makes it fun with the FREE wrestling.

Lex,
Beleive me there is NO ill will at all. Never has been from me anyway. The Palmetto Duals is planned years in advance. At the time this tournament was being planned noone knew....or even thought about a SCUSA freestyle schedule. One was not made nor posted. It is just a simple matter of this: The PAlmetto Duals is coordinated with many states. Dave Dean, head of NUWAY, in particular. Those teams traveling so far wanted something closer to the beach.....So after traveling from Michigan they could take a mini vacation. Plus they wanted a bigger venue. Rob Hjerling wanted the event at the Citadel. He was recruiting many out of state.....and in state kids that participated in the Palmetto Duals last year. He even traveled up to Newberry. So I have been coordinating with Jerry Wigger(Citadel rep, and SCUSA official) to have the event at the Citadel. We originally planned the Duals on a different date......but got bumped by The Citadel. The date final date chosen was the only date given to me by Jerry Wigger and The Citadel. I am sure there was no mal content intended.

If all the teams show up that are saying are coming......6 SC teams, 2 Michigan Teams, Ohio Team, PA team......it will be tough to pack in FS on top of the duals. We actually was gonna try that at Newberry last year.......with no interest to justify taking mat time away from folkstyle duals. But in the future that is something we may consider.

Michael K. Sanders
Back to top Go down
martin

PostSubject: crescent   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 10:26

What is the date for this. I want to bring couple of my guys down for this.

thanks
coach martin
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 10:36

4/16/11
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 13:50

Mike,
I understand the difficulty in scheduling. Especially when the freestyle schedule is not posted. I had that date picked three months ago to avoid FloNationals and the Bridge Run. We are going to try and get another date. Hopefully Freestyle/greco state. If not, we'll try to get one in May. Depending on what is available freestyle-wise (we were looking at the Tarheel Classic at Pembroke)and what the kids want, we may enter a Pit Bull team in the Palmetto duals.

S0:
-no cost to our guys
-How many matches could we likely get?
-Can my guys get a pass on locking hands calls.?....we will be knee deep in gutwrench mode by Apr 16th!
-Can we get push out points?
-Can we get some leniency on illegal slams?

I'll be a super fan if you can make it happen.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 14:44

Glad you understand Lex. When you need a certain venue and got teams investing so much in traveling halfway across country kinda narrows you down. Appreciate the understanding!

Please enter a Team!!!!! See how you guys can do? I think another HS team is entering as a team.

Responses:
-no cost to our guys
CORRECT!!!!! Free to all SC wrestlers. Just need a NUWAY card for insurance purposes.

-How many matches could we likely get?
LOL.....I always love this question......answer??? More than most kids can stand at this level. Some kids last year got as many as 10 matches. We had kids thought they wanted much more but after they wrestle this level of competition......They usually started getting strange ailments.....like.....my shoulder is sore, my knee hurts.....my ride is here....... my feelings are hurt.....etc So kids will get all they want!

-Can my guys get a pass on locking hands calls.?....we will be knee deep in gutwrench mode by Apr 16th! -Can we get push out points? -Can we get some leniency on illegal slams?

I love your comic relief on this board, Lex. OK, answer is no. Standard High School rules. Believe me, the Michigan.....Ohio.....NC, PA, and other SC kids all wrestle Freestyle too or a very large percentage does. I would betcha even more than anyone here in SC. Remember, Michigan has their own Regional Olympic training center where kids live full time and wrestle Freestyle everyday....allday. Think of it like this. This could be GREAT opportunity for your kids to wrestle and kick butt no matter what style!!!!
Sorry Lex. I still want you to be a Super Fan........but I just can't see explaining that one to the guys from Michigan.. "Hey, Michigan coach.....I know a SC kid was locking hands and the ref didn't call it. I'm sorry he laid on the mat, stalled, and the ref didn't call it. But that was a club we have that is in a "mode" and wanted leniancy from basic high school rules." lol!

I hope Pitbull brings a loaded team!!! That would be great!!!!!! Heck how big is your club lex??? Can you field two teams? Great experience!!!!

Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 15:22

I thought I would throw it out there....

This year we are looking at having somewhere in the 25+ range based on the people that have said they are committed. We'll see. Last year we started with close to 20 and ended up with 12-15 depending on the day.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 15:59

Lex L. I know I'm bringing atleast 2 starting next week. We might not make it to every practice because of the distance and ever increasing gas prices, but we will make most of them. With it only being 2 days of practice per week it should be fine. I'm hoping to get 4-5 to start coming down there.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeThu 3 Mar - 18:09

cjs53,
M/W 5-7:30ish. First practice is Wednesday March 9th. Your guys can come as often or as little as they want. The more consisten they come, the more they will get out of it. Remember that they need a USA Card to practice in the room. The club fee is $75 for through Fargo. As we get rolling, we may add a Friday workout perdiodically, but that will more or less be a review/live day. Get more detailed info at our site:

http://pitbullwrestlingsc.webs.com/

I look forward to having a lot of new faces. I am a big believer that competition and good workout partners are an enormous component in success at higher levels.

I am working with Steve Fraser, Sam Hazewinkle, and some current OU guys on a Camp June 27-30th at Hanahan through US Camps. It will be used as a training camp for Fargo focusing on Advanced Fundamentals and mat strategies. We have put a lot of thought and effort into putting together a great system utilizing the training, skills, and technique used at the world level. Should be great.

http://pitbullwrestlingsc.webs.com/
Back to top Go down
Retired1

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeSat 5 Mar - 22:53

Lex may have been funning around, but one of his suggestions is actually a good one that should be taken seriously - the one point push out. We wrestled a number of off-season folkstyle tournaments where some version of the push out was in place. The one I like the best is if a wrestler goes out of bounds to avoid an offensive attack by his opponent, then opponent gets a point. For example, if a wrestler steps out of bounds when his opponent has made a leg attack or is working a double underhook, to the point where action is stopped, then opponent gets a point. This is much more recognizable and easy to call consistently than stalling. Believe me, stalling will all but be a thing of the past with this rule in place. The HSL really should look at this. This rewards the aggressive wrestler, and makes it very hard for these kids who get a lead and then shut down knowing they won't get hit with enough stalling calls to lose their lead. Faster matches, higher scoring, 6 full minutes of action (as opposed to 4 all too often now), easier for refs to call consistently. This is a no-brainer. Think outside the box here. No out of state team will cancel coming because of this slight rule modification/improvement.
Back to top Go down
win2

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeSun 6 Mar - 23:47

that is interesting. But were governed by the NFHS which the HSL supports. Very interesting though
Back to top Go down
chianese

PostSubject: would like to register   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 15:30

what is the site to register for this, we have a hwt sophmore, do we need a team for this or aau or usa cards..
Back to top Go down
chianese

PostSubject: please give me a call about detail if possible   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitimeTue 15 Mar - 15:39

Could somebody give me a call, we have a team up here in Asheville and would like to come down, my number ie 828 778 2567, Thanks , Kris Chianese
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2011 PALMETTO DUALS   2011 PALMETTO DUALS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2011 PALMETTO DUALS
Page 1 of 1