A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Oaks v. Cunningham

Go down 
AuthorMessage
A-Ville

Oaks v. Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Oaks v. Cunningham   Oaks v. Cunningham Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 1:53

I have reviewed the Oaks v. Cunningham video multiple times... Oaks is the clear winner in the match. With 10 seconds remaining in the match(in which you can see in the SCHSL video) exactly at the 1:36:37 point in the video. Then at exactly 1:36:45 oaks reverses Cunningham, in which he is on his back, pinned, and in no control of Oaks. Any educated human being can do the math and conclude that oaks scored with two seconds remaing. It is completely indisputable. No arguing, no nothing. Adam Oaks won the 130 lb state championship. Bar none.
Back to top Go down
A-Ville

Oaks v. Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaks v. Cunningham   Oaks v. Cunningham Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 2:19

With this post, i am meaning ZERO disrespect to Cunningham. He is a great talented wrestler. Seems to be an even better person. Im almost sure if he views exactly wat i have he would agree with it just out of humanity.
Back to top Go down
Strips

Oaks v. Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaks v. Cunningham   Oaks v. Cunningham Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 10:12

Unfortunately for Mr. Oaks who is a great wrestler and competitor, the official did not see it that way and therefore the hardware when to Mr. Cunningham. It is a great injustice but it is not the first and will not be the last that the proposed better wrestler comes away with the lesser prize if any at all. I praise all these young men who do all within their power to represent their school, community and family without all out dedication to the sport. I will not critic any official as it is a bang bang call and most times they get it right. Unfortunately for Mr. Oaks this appears not to be one of them
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

Oaks v. Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaks v. Cunningham   Oaks v. Cunningham Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 12:10

That was a great match. Congratulations to both guys. It looked to me like a clear loss of control=1pt escape (at least). Match goes to overtime. The wrestlers decide it.
Unfortunately, Ref's aren't perfect. We EASILY could have said the same thing about Geiges match at lowerstate. It is a bitter pill to swallow. I think Adam Oaks is a very good talent and I hope this fuels him to continue on in wrestling. Losses usually do more to motivate top guys than anything else. The best two things that ever happened to Geiges, were his two defeats to Rankin awhile back.

Maybe Oaks can request a rematch at North South??? I can see a match with Cunningham, Bugarin, Harper, Ashby,etc. I'm guessing he wants Cunningham though.

This does make me think that the system in place for Freestyle/greco is better:
-a Ref and two judges at opposite ends of the mat. At tleast two of the three have to agree on the points before they are allocated.
-Coaches can challenge with a video review.

Not perfect, but it worked well at Southeast Regionals and Fargo.
Back to top Go down
guest1

Oaks v. Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaks v. Cunningham   Oaks v. Cunningham Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 20:39

Never happen - makes too much sense.
Back to top Go down
usagold

Oaks v. Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaks v. Cunningham   Oaks v. Cunningham Icon_minitimeMon 1 Mar - 20:49

Somehow around 3 minutes after the match was over i knew Mr. big oaks would have it all on here. Little Oaks should have scored earlier instead of waiting until final seconds. NO disrespect, Oaks is a great wrestler, but Cunningham deserved it and proved it.
Back to top Go down
matslap3

Oaks v. Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaks v. Cunningham   Oaks v. Cunningham Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 1:37

Mr. usa gold, this is adams father, i assume you were talking to me as Mr. Big Oaks, yes I am older but not very big, small guy. But the A-ville username was not me, even though I do agree with A-ville I dont think I would have put it in such a nice manner,lol...And yes you are correct as I have told many before along with Adam dont get in a situation where a ref can screw up a call, then one doesnt have to worry about it. But if you watch the match anyone that has any knowledge of wrestling would admit that at the minumum it should have went to o/t. And appearently you have changed your username or i just dont recall seeing usagold on here before, and of course i am getting older and memory does fade with time. Have a great day.....
Back to top Go down
usagold

Oaks v. Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaks v. Cunningham   Oaks v. Cunningham Icon_minitimeWed 3 Mar - 10:53

you cute little man you Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Oaks v. Cunningham Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oaks v. Cunningham   Oaks v. Cunningham Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oaks v. Cunningham
Page 1 of 1