A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

interesting question

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Coach

interesting question Empty
PostSubject: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 10:08

I have read that AA team state championship will be wrestled tonight in the Columbia area regardless the ruling today....

DOES THAT MEAN THAT THEIR WILL BE AN ADDITIONAL (1) POUD ALLOWANCE FOR INDIVIDUALS?????

THIS RULE IS IN THE BOOKS, I WONDER HOW IT WILL BE HANDLED.
Back to top Go down
Allowanc

PostSubject: pound   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 10:40

It is my understanding that all wrestlers are to recieve a one pound allowance for the individual tourney. That is what we are going with at the upper state.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 11:15

where did you read this and how can they hold the match if they haven't cleared up who will be wrestling in it? From what I've been told, the ruling today will only determine if the HSL has to hear hanahan's appeal, if hanahan wins and the appeal isn't heard until next week sometime, how can they possibly wrestle the match tonight? And if they do wrestle tonight that would be good because I would most def. go to that match.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 11:19

where did you read this and how can they hold the match if they haven't cleared up who will be wrestling in it? From what I've been told, the ruling today will only determine if the HSL has to hear hanahan's appeal, if hanahan wins and the appeal isn't heard until next week sometime, how can they possibly wrestle the match tonight? And if they do wrestle tonight that would be good because I would most def. go to that match.
Back to top Go down
Guest123

PostSubject: appeal   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 11:36

My understanding is that the injuction was to keep HSL from having the Championships until the entire executive committee could meet to hear Hanahan's appeal. The date for that appeal is today. What I heard was that the HSL Executive Committee is meeting today to decide one way or another. It is not actually gooing to "court". Hanahan got the injunction so they could present their case. If HSL would have let them give their side last week, this would already be over.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 11:39

Thanks for clearing that up. I don't have much legal knowledge. And this appeal should be taking place right about now, correct? Hope we hear something soon, I would like to see this match take place tonight.
Back to top Go down
Guest123

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 11:42

Depending on which newspaper you read, the hearing started at either 8 or 8:30. I've been checking the message boards for results but nothing so far. Shouldn't be much longer. I know Hanahan wrestlers plan to leave school by noon if the ruling goes their way.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 11:43

any news on where the match would be wrestled?
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 11:43

Why is the upperstate giving a pound, why should anyone get a pound???? unless they wrestled today???
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 11:44

They might be wrestling today. From what was said yesterday at the seed meeting it sounds like plans have already been made. Don't worry, your boy will get a pound as well if this is the case.
Back to top Go down
Guest123

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 11:48

It is being wrestled at the original location - Ridge View High School. Probably 6:30 or 7pm
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 12:11

Like he really needs it!!!! haha So they all get two pounds on Sat???

And I would not let Ridge View host a goat roping contest, much any other wrestling event after that crap they pulled!
Back to top Go down
2afan

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 12:22

we were told we would wrestle today at ridgeview today who dont know yet. dont know why its at ridgeview but thats where we will be at 7 unless something happends. and anything could happen this year just hoping we get it over today and i was told all 2a wrestlers was getting a extra pound. just have to wait and see
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 12:23

Don't count on any weight just yet. Have to see what happens this morning.
Back to top Go down
grandstr

PostSubject: Court must be out by now   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 12:37

hear whats up with the Loris issue?
Back to top Go down
upstate

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 12:43

Court must be out by now. What the ruling?
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 13:02

If they don't wrestle they shouldn't get a pound.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 13:05

why? it's not like they can change weight classes or anything. And if they don't wrestle, they won't get a pound. This is a rule in the NFHS handbook that I'm sure will be ahered to and will not be contested.
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 13:23

It's not a problem if they actually wrestle today but it sounds like the upperstate has already given a pound on the assumption they may wrestle... the pound doesn't change weight classes but a pound is huge for someone cutting hard to make weight and at their absolute limit.

And I would like to have seen how some kids' hydration, bodyfat, and cert weight calculations were taken cause I don't buy some of them... lean athletes cutting two and three weight classes?!?!?! Shocked after seeing similar kids numbers come in with no room to cut after performing the test correctly?
Back to top Go down
j h

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 19:47

so pound or not? i need to know wat i can eat tonight.
Back to top Go down
fatboy

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitimeThu 18 Feb - 21:41

Go ahead and Eat, I wouldnt worry about it....LOL Laughing
they can always let you out the bus a few miles from Aynor to cut some!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: interesting question   interesting question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

interesting question
Page 1 of 1