A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

North/South Matches we would like to see???

Go down 
+3
lowleg
LSO
Lex L.
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

North/South Matches we would like to see??? Empty
PostSubject: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 6:16

What are some North/South matches that would be interesting?

I hope the 1a/2a guys do not get overlooked when it comes to the GA v SC match up.
Back to top Go down
Coach Ma

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 11:31

I would love to see the 152 from fort Mill and the Ian Harper from chester field wrestle.... That would be a great match I think!!!!
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 11:57

whoah..major weight disparity...plus Miskelly is only a junior I believe.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 12:18

How about:
Ian Harper vs. Eli Ashby (Summ)
Ian Harper vs. Keith Johnson (Berkeley)
Ian Harper vs. Ashley Braecklin (fort D)
A. Gilliam vs. Sean Hira (So Pointe)
Geiges vs. Manross (Irmo)
Geiges vs. Bugarin (Fort D)
Burr vs. Borja (Fort D)
Burr vs. Winkler (West Oak)
Burr vs. Michael Young (Fort D)
Brommell vs. Keith Johnson (Berkeley)
Brommell vs. Braecklin (Fort D)
Rankin vs. Mestrez (Berkeley)
Rankin vs. Jake Mitchell (So Pointe)
Rankin vs. Wright (Greer)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 12:23

I saw Wright wrestle at the Anderson Invitational against Humphries and he wasn't that impressive. Humphries almost pulled it out and Wright new it. So I don't think Rankin and Wright would be that close.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 12:42

I always felt the same way about Wright, but he gets a lot of press.
Let a 2a guy guy crack him one.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 13:15

Gilliam/Champion vs. Hira/Griffin
Rankin/Phillips vs. Mitchell/Mesterez/Wright
Geiges/Cunningham/Oaks vs. Manross/Bugarin
Harper vs. Ashby/Courter/Brannigan/Bugarin
Jones/Brommell vs. Brannigan/Johnson/Braeklin
Tillman/James/Burr vs.Young/Winkler/Borja
Madden/Neff vs. Hunnicut/Rosenlieb
Leonard vs. Dawkins

The most exciting match, in my opinion, would be Brommel vs. Johnson. If you know anything about those two ATH's then you would quickly agree.

Like to see Gilliam tested against some quality 112s. I can't knock on Gilliam because he has trashed some pretty solid Cfield lightweights, but I would like to see him up a little.

I listed kids Harper has not wrestled in HS that I wouldn't mind watching. Although, if you have been involved in AAU you've probably seen more than your fair share of Harper/Ashby/Bugarin/Johnson matches.

I don't think 2A has anyone that can last 2 minutes with Borja.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 15:24

LSO,
Of the matches you mentioned Ian having in AAU with those guys...any recent ones?

Brommel v K Johnson. An interesting subplot is that Brommel is the cousin of......Tashawn Takeall. Keith's former teammate. Noe at Belmont Abbey.
Back to top Go down
DRANK

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 15:29

Wright is hard to figure for sure. By all rights he should've lost to the seneca kid last year at state, but then comes out and beats Rholetter next match. He does just enough to win in matches you think he should dominate. Make no mistake though he is talented. He beat S. Beck at AAU State last year in impressive fashion, but then had to make a storming comeback to beat the S. Pointe kid, who rankin teched in the next match!...go figure. I would not sell Wright short. He wins the big matches. He is a mad scrambler and athlete.

Like LSO, I generally prefer to see matchups we've never seen before. One exception - I would like to see rankin and geiges one more time after the two dogfights they split last year. Rankin has wrestled Wright twice. They split. Last match wright won by a point at Team Palmetto. I personally prefer to see kids bumped around (within reason) to get matchups we haven't seen before.

I too would like to see gilliam bulk up after state and wrestle AJ Irby, Griffin, and Hira. Aren't many senior 103 and 112 this year.
Rankin vs geiges, bugarin, mitchell
phillips vs wright, mitchell, mestrez, cunningham
geiges vs rankin, manross, harper, wright
Oaks vs harper, cunningham, ashby
Harper/Brommell vs oaks, winkler, and johnson or bracklein
Burr vs tillman, M. Young, Hunnicutt
Grandy vs Beck (HH), ?
Back to top Go down
lowleg

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 15:38

Losing 4 to 0 in the state finals is not getting trashed.But when you get beat 15 to 0 in the first period that is trashed. I think his name was Cobb.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 15:53

lowleg...your name says it all....LOW....that hurt.

None of the AAU matches have occured since at least 2 years ago....they are well worth revisiting. I don't think Ian has wrestled Ashby or Bugarin since MS. Ian and Bugarin actually met in the finals of MS state years back. Ashby used to wrestle Dalton all the time until Ian caught up. Ian beat him in folkstyle but Ashby would always wallup him in freestyle and greco.

Johnson is a great athlete. I believe he is one of the favorites to win the 100m dash in track this season. You gotta have some solid fast twitchers to do that.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 19:46

KJ makes me shake my head. Wicked talent, but takes more lung timeouts than anyone ever.

How many matches can the kids have?

How do they decide who wrestles GA?

Geiges will likely still be walking around at 130-133. I would like to see Geiges vs:
Wright (they don't seem to care for each other)
Rankin (good matches in the past at least)
Harper (If they are close in weight it's an interesting match, but how much bigger will Ian be though?)
Bugarin (geographically close, but we could never get a match)
Manross (don't know anything about him but he is 4a, a Sr., and ranked #1 at 130 there).
Ashby (If he doesn't get too big, Why not)

Philips and Mestrez wrestled at Bamberg and it wasn't close. It was close to a tech from what I remember. I see Patrick drill enough at Pitbull.

I would like to see Rankin/Mestrez., Brommel/Harper?
Back to top Go down
Skull an

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 22:11

Wow lowleg lol, 15-0 in the first period, who would have possibly gotten pimped like that lol?
lol!
Back to top Go down
lowleg

Number of posts : 45

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 22:31

The one and only LSO. He did not know what hit him.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 22:38

I was a first year wrestler!

I will forever be remembered as "the curse"

Every kid that beat me at state my two years never wrestled again!!!! ARRRGGGH!!!

Junior Year:
-lost to Tim Cobb (Crescent), we won state that season as a junior and then got fat and couldn't find a spot on next year's squad (so I was told).

-lost to Sanchez (Walhalla) he took 3rd that season as a sophomore and never wrestled again.

Senior Year:
-lost to West Oak kid in the state championship match. He was a junior and was inelible for something for his senior season.

..you may have beaten me..but I was the ultimate "career-ender!!!"
Back to top Go down
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeThu 4 Feb - 23:10

Wow.....does my man Sanchez(Hillcrest) not get any respect. Acutally a 125 but been wrestling up all year for team. Seeded lower than Geiges at the Southern Slam.....and beat Geiges....score was pretty close but was control the whole match.

Has everyone forgot Sanchez?
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 1:18

I thought he was a junior?
Back to top Go down
Dcw

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 2:38

How much has he improved? I remember oaks handled him pretty rough last year. Has he took it to the next lvl?
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 9:17

I think Sanchez is listed everywhere as a junior. Solid kid that is well coached and does what he needs to in close matches. If he is a senior and wins or does well at state then he should be in the mix. I know Geiges ABSOLUTELY wants to redeem himself there.
Has Sanchez wrestled Oaks this year or Rankin? Those schools are fairly close, though I know Hillcrest travels a lot to get good competition.

As for his match with Geiges......
-Anyone can have a bad tournament first weekend of the season.
-To say he was in control the whole time, I don't know about that. I guess our definitions would greatly vary then.
He received a gift of a takedown call in the 1st period during a scramble that had Geiges on top immediately. He did ride out Geiges in the 2nd as Geiges was still in freestyle mode. But the third period was spent with Sanchez in the turtle poistion on the mat while his coaches yelled repeatedly "Just stay there, just stay there. You have not been called yet." Geiges then cut him and he RAN as he was coached "Just stay away. Just stay away" the rest of the match while the upperstate ref, a fan obviously, forgot the definition of stalling in its finest form. That is not to take anything away from Sanchez who did what he needed to pull off the win.

Sanchez is a solid kid who definitely gets overlooked in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 11:23

Oops.....your right Sanchez is just a Junior never mind. Glad we have him back next year!!! Smile Thanks Lex.....for saying he gets overlooked.

As for the match here is what happened. Sanchez got the takedown in the first. Never was trouble of giving up a takedown. In fact I thought Sanchez was closer to scoring than Geiges(I guess that part can be debated tho) Yes there was a couple of scambles but Sanchez sees these all the time...doesnt mean opponent will score. Sanchez is a great scrambler as well but never had to fallback to scrambles for scores. He rode Geiges all of second and almost had a couple of turns(was in the setup mode anyway). Not sure Geiges knew it tho. Most opponents Sanchez face dont realize until ref is counting backs that they are about to give up backs either. Geiges didnt get close to turning Sanchez in 3rd. Sanchez was never was in trouble(1st, 2nd, or 3rd). Thats what I meant by in control. He was ahead on the scorebook the whole time. Alot of these good matches just come to a takedown or two. Sanchez got T2 in first. Rode Geiges all of 2nd and stayed out of trouble in 3rd. Geiges was not gonna turn Sanchez so he cut him making it 3-0. Putting match out of reach. Even if Geiges would have gotten a T2 late in the 3rd......Sanchez still would have won a controlling match 3-2....if my Clemson math is right??? So the ONLY thing Geiges could have done was a try a desperation 4,5 point move from feet.....which would not happen. Good wrestlers control and win matches like this all the time. Wasnt taking anything away from Geiges by saying this.

Now I didnt say Sanchez DOMINATED. Please don't get offended. Thats two different definitions. It was a good match. Outcome may be different next time? I have much respect for Geiges!!!!! I wasnt taking anything away from Geiges. All I have ever done was compliment Geiges. I loved the way you said his work ethic is and the way he likes to go after people. I wish him the best of luck.

Fact is Sanchez has worked hard and has improved. Won the North Gwinnett tournament a few weeks back. And placed at some of the toughest tournaments in the south against some of the top nationally ranked teams and kids. And wrestling up a weight class all year. Just think he needs to be mentioned at the all star match since he was a lower seed at the Southern slam, placed higher than Geiges, and beat him head to head........until I realized he is just a JR.

Sorry, prolly shouldnt brought it up! I don't mean to rub you or anyone the wrong way Lex....you know I have much respect for you!

Now back to the subject.
I would like to see
Ashby/Geiges,
Geiges/Manross.
IHARP/Ashby
I say IHARP is best in state!!! Not sure you can be a bigger IHARP fan than me. Been watching him wrestle for a LOOOOONNNNGG time!

Although not Seniors all star matches, has Geiges wrestled Hansen? Becks?
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 11:56

We'll have to disagree about that match. It was 2-1 going into the 2nd. Sanchez rode him out hip to hip the whole period. 3rd Sanchez chose down. Sanchez turtled, no call. Geiges released to get the takedown. Sanchez did the Roadrunner and won out. Credit to Sanchez and the Hillcrest coaches. Good 1st weekend victory for him. Bad one for Derek. That is why the Southern Slam is so great. It is a wake up call to a lot of good wrestlers the first weekend of the season. Some guys realize they are good and can compete with the best kids. Others realize they need to wake up and work harder.

Sanchez is crafty. Reminded me of Rankin somewhat. I think he will sneak up and surprise some kids at state this year. I can see him upsetting anyone of the 4a guys there. I could see him doing very well in freestyle.

BE scheduled Summerville this year to hopefully get a match with Hansen or bump to Ashby (it was agreed amongst our kids for the bump). Summerville cancelled for whatever reason.
Geiges wrestled Hansen last season after spraining his ankle in the match an hour earlier. Lost by 5 or so. Geiges had no motion (couldn't shoot or sprawl) and Hansen is too good for that.
Never wrestled the Beck's as far as I know. We never see Rock Hill.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 13:30

OK so you want to debate the manner of Geiges' loss?????? Your his coach I gues you can do that all day. All year. But to me it looked like a good, solid, controlling win for Sanchez. He has won tons of matches like this....wasn't that big of a deal. You can debate the adjectives I use but.....it was still a win. Geiges never got a takedown.....never turned Sanchez(not even close)....was rode for 2 minutes....and, by your own admitting account....was going to to have to get a late, last period takedown.......just to tie??? That sounds pretty controlling to me by Sanchez....nontheless a win. We can agree on that right? Point is this....if geiges was relying on a last period takedown...just for a tie...... or a desperation throw in the 3rd for a win......to a lower seed....to a 125 pounder.........most would concede he lost control of the match.....match control and win was for Sanchez. Not much of a debate here.

Now, with all respect Lex.......I am hoping to bring a little comic releif in this post.

Very Happy Very Happy

Lets see......Sanchez won the match(again, no debate here), now lets see who wins with excuses factored in.....

Geiges excuses:
1. 1st tournament of the year
2. bad tournament
3. bad seed
4. no folkstyle goals( Geiges is a freestyle wrestler)
5. in freestyle mode(freestyle wrestling on bottom can be defined as on bottom folkstyle stalling)
6. injured
7. upstate referees(just for note, not all refs at SS were from SC...not to mention Upper State)
7. turtle wrestling
8. road runner wrestling

Sanchez excuses:
1. 1st tournament of the year
2. bad tournament(Sanchez usually wrestles alot better, was hoping to win it)
3. bad seed (seeded lower than Geiges )
4. no folkstyle goals(Sanchez is a soccer player, just wrestles a few months a year, prolly play soccer in college)
5. Only a few days practice(Sanchez had been running Cross Country and had not been to practice but a few times)
6. Injured
8. wrestling up a weight class(thats where the team needed him)
10. Wrestling to win match

Sooooooo, here is the results from the excuse match.
1. no points given....it was both first tournament
2. no points given....both had a bad day?
3. sanchez scores here....Sanchez was seeded lower 2-0 Sanchez
4. Both have no HS wrestling goals.... Score????? 2-0 Sanchez
5. Would have throw this excuse out, I think it was pretty clear this was a HSL tournament. Freestyle technique shouldn't be awarded. In fact as previously stated. Freestyle bottom wrestling could be ruled as bottom Folkstyle Stalling. Give Geiges a warning for Stalling
Still 2-0 sanchez

6. Not sure either was injured.......not enough to change score
7. Upstate Refs...all refs werent from US plus if you are good you dont let the refs decide the match Score????? 2-0 Sanchez
8. Give Sanchez a point here Score????? 3-0 Sanchez
9. Give Geiges a point here Score????? 3-1 Sanchez
10. Give Sanchez a caution for stalling??????

And the winner is......after counting all excuses.......still Sanchez 3-1

OK, seriously now Lex. Good luck to Geiges the rest of the year, Freestyle, and in college and beyond. I hope he represents SC as I know he will. I look forward to seeing him in the future!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 14:00

Deep in Lex's mind, I wonder who is better; geiges or pat stanley?
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230
Registration date : 2009-01-20

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 14:12

guest, answer: Alex Nazon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: amazing   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 14:13

That is the single best punk on this broad I have ever read.

• It goes to the most deserving poster.

It is well thought out and written.

It required a great deal of preparation and time to complete

It was direct to the man, the myth, the legend.

This post made my year, thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 15:27

AN INSTANT CLASSIC fo sho Sanders! I'm saving it in a word document now. Lex always has a BE prodigy - who will the next "chosen one" be? Any hints Lex? History tells us he will be very well-coached, very successful, and blatantly slighted by all SC refs.
Back to top Go down
matslap3

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 15:30

lol, fell out of my chair...........
Back to top Go down
CU

CU

Number of posts : 54
Registration date : 2009-01-22

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 15:41

Oh wow...I almost feel bad for posting cause I feel the thread should of stopped with that post lol.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 16:04

mk sanders you just dominated lex
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 17:08

Wow! I see the usual suspects have had a Geiges Hatorade party.
I may cry and retire like Cap't Insano did.

MK Sanders...
That was a long post with a lot of thought put into it. It accomplished your two goals when you hijacked the North/South Thread knowing Sanchez was a Jr. and couldn't compete:
1. Hype Sanchez (who is a talented wrestler that is overlooked as I said)
2. Degrade Geiges (a common theme here)

Mission acomplished, though you are way off base still....

I guess everyone, but Geiges is allowed to have a bad day in wrestling.
Your usual attacks on Geiges are more veiled, though you did still manage to follow up with a half-assed compliment and some of your little smiley faces.

I am not going to attack Sanchez if that's what you want. I think he is a great kid and I respect Hillcrest's coaches. Their best wrestlers and the pride of Hillcrest, the Delgado sisters, have done a lot to bring prominence to that program. I hope the program there respects what they have done for it.

I don't know what Derek has done to you personally. Maybe he should have competed in AAU states or Team Palmetto instead of focusing on Freestyle/Greco and training with Henson, Novachkov, and Pami. I generally think you are fairly knowledgeable (especially with regards to middle schoolers). If you want to further discuss Derek or if there is something I need to know, by all means call me. I know you have my number. To my knowledge he has never spit on you or kicked your dog or anything.

If the question(s) about the next BE prodigy and Stanley Vs. Geiges were serious, here goes:

-BE has no youth program. Our kids generally don't start until they are freshmen. As of right now, I don't see any, but you never know who will pop up.

-Stanley vs. Geiges: Most SC people would say Stanley because he absolutely blew everyone out of the water his last two seasons at 152. That being said, Pat had no true competition. Much like the Harper's, Pat's opponents seemed to find their way into other weight classes. Those that did not were generally content to take 2nd. Pat had been wrestling since youth, Derek started as a freshman. Derek was always small for his weight classes and really did not cut:
Fr-walked around 85-90 lbs and wrestled 103
So-walked around 105-106, wrestled 103
Jr.-walked around at 115-117, wrestled 119
Sr. Walks around 127-132, wrestles 130.

Pat did not wrestle at tournaments like the Southern Slam, so he may not have seen some better guys from around the state. Pat also did not really seek out much competition out of season. Derek generally wrestles up and wrestles all over the country and has beaten a lot of nationally respected kids. Pat was more of a finesse guy that did not like people in his face. Pat also struggled with guys that were good at upperbody. Derek is an in your face wrestler that is good at freestyle and greco. I would give the advantage in neutral to Geiges. I would give a slight mat advantage to Stanley, though I don't see him turning Derek. Scrambling would be even. Pat rarely got out of the first two periods. Derek prefers to go to war.
In high school matches, if they wrestled 10........Pat may win to start, but I think Derek would figure him out and pull away. college and beyond, Geiges by a good bit.

By the way, Pat has said Derek is better.

As for Nazon,
Ton of potential to do great beyond college. He chose a different route. He is supposedly a beast in rugby at Coastal Carolina.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 17:30

Wow Lex....I reread my post again.....not sure I ever degraded Geiges????? in the previous post....nor ever. Thats way.....way of base. No "HATORADE" party here. Not sure where that came from???? I have passed many compliments to Geiges and to you. Sorry if they werent enough nor as high as you wanted?????

So your suggestion of my goals are wrong.....
I wasnt hyping Sanchez.....just thought he needed a little respect?
and never degraded Geiges.

Thought I remember Geiges wrestling at AAU States?? May be wrong....memory is getting bad.

And I am sure I have your number......Love talking wrestling and I may call.

Way off? About the match? How? Oh my score recollection? Im sorry I thought it 3-0..... oops.....I will apologize for that.....you say it was 3-1. OK so it was 3-1

What???? You don't like my smiley faces....cmon LEX who kicked your dog? LOL

I prefaced the my "excuse match" as comic releif.......Was hoping you would see the humor as you and I have cut up before. Those were no degrades on Geiges.....just your statements. I just applied same excuses....er statements for Sanchez.

Seriously, every wrestler has a bad day.....Sanchez really had bad day by placing 3rd.

Oh.....and side note Sanchez has only wrestled since his FR year. Soccer takes up most up his spring and summer.

Sorry if I offended you or Geiges......never my intent.

Oh...one more smiley face.....

Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Son of a

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 20:05

How funny. Hope Lex don't retire like Capn did. The Capn passed away last year after a long bout with cancer. He loved his family and watching and talking wrestling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 21:00

BE shouldn't be in 2a. Ya'll scholarship your athletes! For you to scholarship kids your wrestling sure isn't as good as your Cross Country or Track. Why is that?
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 21:57

Capn died? I had no idea, he was my favorite poster on here and I really hate to hear that.

PS Lex, chill man, we're all just trying to have a little fun with you.
Back to top Go down
new guy

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 22:50

wow...hugs for everybody i think...most of us don't live for the past but oh well how bout saturday! don't think lex or mk remembered whats happening in 15-20 hours..
let the present day kids wrestle and then give praise where due... it was a great sport with pat but better with the 20 wrestlers we can each name off the top of our heads now...
good luck to all wrestlers sat. wrestle hard for your team ...wrestle hard for yourself ...wrestle hard for the sorry saps who have nothing better to do than rip kids for not wrestling in the weight class they want... the future is awesomw!!!
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 23:31

I remember New Guy.
We wrestle Hanahan tomorrow at 10:00. Could be a couple of eventful matches, but with the vast forfeits from BE, the dual itself will be uneventful.
So where are the weight shuffling Hawks going to be tomorrow???? I am guessing you will have a different lieup tomorrow than at Lakelands. A different one Monday and a different one Wednesday (if you get past Ashley Ridge/Cane Bay). I've got to say it keeps me interested. Confused, but interested.

As for the hugs, you know better than that. My club's motto says otherwise. You know you want a shirt.

guest,
Scholarships for athletes at BE??? WTF?
Who? Being that our lineup is so stacked from head to toe.........
I am only involved with wrestling, and obviously we don't give them out. I wish we were able to recruit athletes from other schools and/or states like other schools. Doesn't happen at BE. We do have some neighboring schools that are successful with transferee's though. Maybe you should go talk to them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 23:47

how could they scholarship athletes? That just makes no sense?
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeFri 5 Feb - 23:55

Either you or an imposter guest said it.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 0:32

Lex, there are a lot of rumors about that in the sports in which BE tends to dominate (soccer, track, etc) I've never done a whole lot of research on it but assuming they are indeed rumors i would guess they appear because BE is a private school.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 1:18

Sort of like kids moving into specific school districts to compete for a successful program or a coach that they like???

Happens at a lot of public schools. BE is successful in a lot of sports. A lot of other schools are as well. The wrestling team regularly turns out a very good individual here and there, but never a solid team like we would have if we DID recruit. There is a big difference between recruiting and having a successful program that attracts students driven by success in athletics.
BE is totally scrutinized being that it is a private school and successful in most of their sports. Oddly enough, they are lousy in the money sports like Basketball and Football. The sports that they are successful in are sports that your typical BE student would like to participate in or would follow: Tennis, Soccer, Baseball, Volleyball, Cross Country (Cooper River Bridge Run anyone???).
Quite frankly, they get a raw deal compared to what I know other schools do. I know kids can leave BE without moving and go to another school without penalty (BE would not hold a kid up). We wish them the best. However if the shoe was on the other foot, that kid would not be eligible for sports for a year at BE. Heck, we had a kid whose family moved from New York last year that was displaced from Hurricane Katrina (living with family in New York until they got on their feet) that enrolled at BE. He was not allowed to play any sports for the year. The SCHSL said that if he went to Hanahan, however, he could.... This kid is a gifted student and devout catholic who grew up in catholic school in New Orleans. After Katrina, they were not able to attend catholic school in New York. They move down here, can now afford to send their son to BE, but apparently he was recruited.

Is that the recruiting you mean?

Believe what you want. There are a lot of vivid imaginations out there.......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 1:44

a lot of different folks seem to be using that handle now...need to get more creative I suppose.
Back to top Go down
observer

PostSubject: ok   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 2:01

No matter what is said , or beleived, or what acctually happens, the best teams or programs start young.. you will not be successful by recruiting. By doing so you are hurting your program. The young kids and community need to buy into your program and build from there. If I wrestler works his tail for you for 2 to 3 yrs doring M. S. then you bring in someone to wrestle for 1 to 2 yrs during H.S . that kills what wrestling is all about. Hard work and dedication always prevails. I would hate to see a coach kill that vision to the young kids just to win .. Wrestling is one of the last sports where the match or game is won by TRUE HEART AND DEDICATION.
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitimeSat 6 Feb - 3:08

I've heard a lot of trash talk against BE but that's mostly because I'm from very close to Emerald High and y'all tend to beat them in the state championship in like EVERY sport haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: North/South Matches we would like to see???   North/South Matches we would like to see??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

North/South Matches we would like to see???
Page 1 of 1