HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals

Go down 
AuthorMessage
xena

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2010-10-18

PostSubject: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Mon 18 Jul - 16:08

SC brought the following wrestlers to Fargo:
Will Sutler, Cadet, 98 lbs
JJ Johnson, Junior, 105 lbs
Jordan Wigger, Junior 112 lbs
Label Lewis, Junior, 119 lbs
Kyle Sargent, Junior, 135 lbs
TJ Dudley, Junior, 189 lbs
Brieana Delgado, Junior Women

Greco results so far:
Will 1-2
JJ 0-1
Jordan 1-0
Label - 0-2
Kyle 1-1
TJ 1-0
They are on midday break until 6pm
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellr

PostSubject: congrats jordan, jj, & brieana   Sat 23 Jul - 17:09

Congrats to Jordan, jj, Brieana, and all the kids that went to FARGO! It's a great tourney, best one there is next to DIV I NCAA WRESTLING CHAMPIONSHIPS!
Back to top Go down
Cougar

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2010-06-23

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Sun 24 Jul - 0:20

Congrats!!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
aeoiiiii

PostSubject: *(^^*&%*&%*%^^&%^%   Mon 25 Jul - 19:23

Перед входом все трое остановились. И ей грозит опасность. Эдмунд говорил, что ими управлял какой-то объединенный мозг космолетов, но как только опасность исчезла… Кибернетик жестом остановил мальчика. Но Ксюха не собиралась так легко сдаваться. происхождение фамилии таланов соловьев что означает фамилия Поглядев на часы, я только тут сообразил, что мы сбились с пути. Савинков становится комиссаром Юго-Западного фронта. Обе семейки, не отставая, бежали рядом. Дядя сидел важный, развалившись на медвежьей шкуре. Но с ногой пришлось повозиться. Вставят тебе стручок красного перца в задницу, и лежи себе тихонечко до самого утра. капустин происхождение фамилии происхождение третьяков Был у Толстого в Ясной Поляне 5 декабря 1903 года. Женщина закончила надевать свою маску. Но как не роптать, как не роптать? Этого было достаточно, чтобы простить дочку. Это ты мне оценку испортил своей двоечной репутацией! Но он ничуть не разгневался и даже впоследствии неоднократно разрешал повторять эксперимент, придававший ему столь возвышенный вид. тайна фамилии клим происхождение фамилии трибой Теперь нам стало понятно все. Предводитель грозно посмотрел на него, но промолчал, а остальные коты расступились, освобождая для Медуницы место в самом центре поляны. Когда мой начальник, герр Э. Только что обнаружили в спальне на полке с кассетами. Но Лиза благодаря своему мягкому и доброму характеру избежала этой участи. Нам это нравилось, поскольку за такой вечер платили вдвое больше, но все-таки мы уставали. ткачёв история фамилии поляков что означает фамилия Покопавшись в сложенном стопками тряпье, нашел-таки пару бумажных штанов с заплаткой на колене, оказавшихся впору, застиранную фланелевую рубаху в красную клетку. Никогда после он не слышал такого свиста, такую странную трель!
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Mon 25 Jul - 22:23

JJ Johnson (Pitbull Wrestling) placed 4th and made All American in freestyle
Kyle Sargent (Pitbull Wrestling) went 2-2 in greco in arguably one of the deepest weight classes at Fargo.

Additionally Jordan Wigger placed 5th at 112.

Timothy Dudley did well also just coming shy of all america status.

Despite the low representation, SC did really well. We are proud of all of you.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hater

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Tue 26 Jul - 2:09

Who is the hell kyle sergeant?? He must have got the chump side of the bracket. Plus 125 was by far the most stacked bracket at fargo. 135 was weak.
Back to top Go down
Good Job

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Tue 26 Jul - 5:30

Hater,
Kyle is a solid kid and wrestler that has done really well in the freestyle/greco season and shown a lot of improvement. To say 135 was not tough is stupid. There is no "chump" side of the bracket in that weight class. Your idiocy justifies your screen name. Though loser may be more appropriate.

Oh, and I'm guessing Sargent has two more wins at junior nationals/Fargo than you.
Back to top Go down
NoChumps

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Tue 26 Jul - 16:18

Dear Hater,
If you can bother to google Trey Theisen of Wisconsin you will see the kind of chumps who Sargent beat in the "chump side" of the bracket. I have my doubts about your ability to do that since you could not spell Sargent right, even though it appears in this thread multiple times. I will fill you in, in the event you haven't learned "copy & paste". Trey Theisen was the Wisconsin state champion at 140 lbs this year. Before you decide to tell me Wisconsin is a "chump" state, Theisen beat Travis Berridge of Brandon High School in another tournament this year. Travis placed 2nd at Sophomore Nationals 152 lbs this year, beating someone you MAY have heard of along the way...Dennis Flores.

How about some research before you hate, chump.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 1:42

No credibility with that comment from hater.
Since the folkstyle season was over, Kyle has been to just about every available freestyle/greco tournament that the Pit Bull club goes to in Florida, NC, SC, GA, etc. He spent time working with Henson and Steve Fraser. The kid has put in his time and carved a good niche for himself. Kyle has beaten plenty of state placers/champs from various states at the events we went to. He manned up and went to face the best at Fargo to test himself and did great.

Crapping on that is limp. Crap on the split-tails that come up with every excuse not to test themselves and hide at home or go to weak-ass events that they know no one competitive will be there

If Kyle's in-season coaching staff let's him work his style next season....he is a tough sob.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
joehawk

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 9:15

Lex
Your post made alot of sense til the end. Looking at the results, Kyles style seems to be greco roman. I got news for you, they shoot for the legs during the in season. Its been sometime since I have been on a mat but I don't think that has changed. It is good to hear you talk about a different wrestler other than your precious little Derick or JJ. I have to ask, what do touch do, go from school to school and attach yourself to there best guy and claim all the credit? Now your at Hanahan and your trying to tell them how to coach. Coach Lewis coached me back in the early 90s, Coach Atkins has made that team better than ever and the other coach is good too, look at his son. They are more than capable. Nothing against Kyle, don't know him, but every time I see him he can't stop a shot. Maybe juijitsu is bison style. They fight on their back.
Back to top Go down
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 10:09

joehawk, hater, et al... I don't think Lex or anyone else said the kid was invincible. Just that he is improving, that he's put in the work, and been willing to look for the best competition to get better. I don't know him either but I like him just from the fact that he isn't on here engaging in all the pettiness with people who have nothing better to do than tear down a kid who is maybe not the most naturally gifted but works his butt off to get better. I'm guessing that instead of worrying about all the speculation on a stupid message board, he's somewhere working out, working on his weaknesses and getting better. Good for you, Kyle. I will be watching and rooting for you.
Back to top Go down
Really??

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 10:18

Wow, Lex...that's a pretty low blow on the Hanahan coaches...Don't you help coach the Pit Bull team with one of them? I think if I were him, I'd tell you to take your "skills" to N. Charleston where they like to bash Hanahan coaches and wrestlers.
Back to top Go down
Watcher

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 11:02

Really?? I think you're blowing one comment out of porportion. I'm not in Lex's head but all I took from that was that one size does not fit all. It didn't sound to me like he was bashing any coaches. Some people can jump on the smallest comment and make it an international incident. That's just crazy. You know the best kids now are getting coaching from multiple sources and finding what works for them...They have their h.s. coaches, club coaches, they go to camps, they seek out all the instruction they can get and take what works. I doubt Lex cares who taught one of the kids a specific thing that works for them or who gets the credit. Geez...some people are just looking to stir the pot and will jump on the most innocuos comment. Must be a slow news day to make something out of "let him work his style".
Back to top Go down
xena

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 13:00

Kyle Sargent's Club Season Record in 6 tournaments:
Greco- 2 Gold, 3 Silver
Freestyle - 1 Gold, 4 Silver, 1 Bronze

Just the facts.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HDAD

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 13:35

I think joe was putting more emphasise on the coach comment than the kid. The greco doent translate over as well as freestyle would. Lexicon has had a problem with the coaches there for sometime, exept Coach Lewis. The comment could be interpreted either way. You have to be careful what you say in Hanahan. You piss off the wrong people you won't be able to coach girls tee ball. It is a slow news day. Iknow Kyle, he is agreat kid, he will do voodoo thisyear. I think you misiterpreted what Joe was saying. That happens so often on this sight.
Back to top Go down
C- Lewis

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 13:53

WTF
First of all, Kyle better not be working hard right now.
I want the guys to take a break. They've been working hard since Nov.
I want them to enjoy their summer alittle bit.
Senate, make sure he has some fun before school starts. Joe , you sound like a judgmental past wrestler cause Joe hawk is the maacots name. Watcher, you are somebody around tthe program cause I can tell with what you know.
I want everybody to take a break til Labor Day.
Back to top Go down
xena

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 14:21

Lol...Coach Lewis, he is not working out right now. Unfortunately he's working out the kinks from a roll-over car accident. But he sees all the chatter. He's ready to let his wrestling do the talking when folk style rolls back around.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 18:23

I was responding to the unfair comments made to Kyle.

I don't coach at Hanahan. I was not bashing their coaches. Every coach has their own nuances. Not all are great fits for every individual. Some kids have specific skills that they develop and are good at. That was what the comment was referring to. If you or anyone else to that as an insult, then cry me a river. If you were just stirring the pot, you're a turd and likely know next to nothing about what makes a kid successful in wrestling. Greco does translate. Do you seriously think Head position, handfighting, pummeling, underhooks, bodylocks, front headlocks, using/commiting your hips, keeping your elbows in, and having an overall awareness of your body position is not helpful??? If so, please never coach. You are detrimental to the sport of wrestling and should NEVER be allowed near anyone with aspiration to compete beyond SC high school. In fact, you are probably one of those genius few that that believe what matters is in season. Don't worry about the offseason. After all, all the coaches from the great Div I programs do their recruiting at the various sc tournamentsright? Sorry Homey, it doesn't work that way.

Pitbull Club has had their practices at Hanahan the last two years. They may be elsewhere next spring. There are a lot of factors involved. As for the kids you mentioned, they either went to the school I was helping, or sought out our club. By our club, I mean Coach Lewis and myself. When JJ came to Pitbull, we had the club at Bishop England. So quite the contrary, I don't go and attach myself. I you want to know how guys like JJ or Derek got where they are ask them if they will give you the time of day. It may give you some clarity. The short answer is hard/smart work with the right direction.

Again, I don't coach at Hanahan. A lot of their kids are in the Pitbull Club, I work with Club kids in the off season. How they progress (or not) in season is in someone else's hands.

Peace.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Brule

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 18:35

just think back to when this thread started.. congrats to the sc wrestlers.. Now it reads like a freak'n soap between parents who don't wish to be named and coaches "fighting off their backs" because 1 word was misdirected.. proud of ya kyle..
lets start a new post.......
I predict Hanahan wins again by at least 15 against anybody!!
this should be enough to get the upperstate guys involved!

coach brule
lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Brule

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 18:38

hey coach slaughter, I know most your wrestlers double up and play multiple sports but your opinion is always educated and fun. What say you? (yes i know its early and everybody is 20 pounds heavy) Your best guess based on the returners.
coach brule
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 18:56

I'm not sure what you're asking.

PS - twenty pounds overweight is an understatement!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Brule

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 19:01

my bad, presictions for next season.
not too early now to start this free entertainment.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Brule

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 19:03

predictions / you figured that out but I'm sure the grammatical poster out there will correct me (again)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cjs53

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 19:20

Haha wowwwwwwwww I'll show you mine if you show me yours!

I want to preface this by saying.....you asked the worst question in the world.....new weight classes, graduated wrestlers, off season practice or lack thereof, too many variables. However, There's no way that I will turn down the challenge of answering this question!

106 - Who the Heck Knows/Leitner from Gilbert still looked small.......a little more cocky now
113 - I doubt any of the kids from last year are still at this weight....Jones is at 115 can we finally get him and JJ away from each other? Hunter from Cross Maybe.
120 - JJ I hope......Kid has to grow sometime
126 - Jamar Gore is gone so this one is open to........Hiers, Hurlburt, Brule, Medina?
132 - Hiers may be here....I don't even know where my kids are going to be.....Maltby? Johnson from Edisto is tough and should be a dark horse.
138 - Walling should be here.....Francis is gone.......hmm is the Martin kid from Chesnee still around?
145 - Nate Harper Columbia
152 - Your Boy.......Flores....maybe he can get here maybe Stafford
160 - Long will be here....too much gain? Who knows.......Someone from Marion is always good in this weight class
170 - Moody will be back at this weight....finished 2nd last year......don't know about the kid from Strom Thurmond was he a senior
182 - Don't even have a clue.......
195 - Maybe Dillon Holliday will win this one, I think he is due!
220 - This weight class sucks I don't even have a clue who will be here for me, much less anyone else, so I'm just gonna throw out a name.......Caleb Pate
285 - This should be a free for all......all heavyweights should jump on this one like a golden corral buffet with Gibbs and Butler gone, maybe Ellerbee from Marion if he is still around

Please no one get offended if I left you off, I'm sure everyone is working hard and has their eyes on the prize, This is just what I could come up with when put on the spot!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
xena

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 20:28

Didn't think it was a mystery but, for the record...yes, this is Kyle's mom...lol Jeff!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lex L.

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 20:38

I predict flores will be at 185 or whatever. Boy loves the foodage.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Brule

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 27 Jul - 23:09

I KNEW IT!!!!! THANK YOU XENA.
hey coach, way to step up. You chucked some names out there b4 anybody else. I knew you had it in ya. Here's a name: Garcia-lomeli. My guess is around 120? Kid is strong and had composure. from N. charleston. not sure if he placed last year but shows promise. @ 106... gotta go with mcdermott from a. mag/ placed last year and hasnt grown. 113...Maltby? kid cuts to whatever coach tells him to. (kidding) 119 - jj . not sure anyone will argue. 126 - gore/// oops / finally he's gone. gotta throw brule or the kid from chesnee. Medina cut hard last year. 132 - will say the kid fron edisto , johnston? or medina 138 - walling or martin / will be a great final 145 walling or martin / will be a great final 152 harper 160 - flores 170 - ? 182 - kid from loris? cant remember his name but was behind their white/griff / butler / good partners / 195- holliday finally ... the last 2 classes? no clue. wide open. 1 headlock away from winning. Chesnee had horses last year in the upper weights but not sure of grade level
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cjs53

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 28 Jul - 0:53

I forgot about the McDermott kid, he was pretty darn good. I actually felt like he should have been in the finals last year. Last I heard, Harper was staying down around 45. No way Maltby makes it 113....had a hard enough time getting to 119 last year, unless he's been cutting since February......If Landis can get his head screwed on straight he'll give anyone at 126 or 132 a run for their money, think he grew up a little after the state tournament this year....I'm excited that we're already talking about this......I count down the days to wrestling season.....unfortunately football season gets in the way
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cjs53

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 28 Jul - 0:56

Nice to meet you Kyle's Mom! I met Kyle's Grandfather somewhere this year I'm just not sure where that was........some tournament! Maybe lowerstate or state.......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hdad

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 28 Jul - 5:57

i said translate as well as freestyle LEX your an idiot. my son wrestles for you and coach lew. I have heard you bash hanahan coaches. my son will NOT wrestle for you another day
Back to top Go down
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 28 Jul - 8:22

I know it's been posted several times the issue for travel and HHS. But is there a way the Hawks could make it up to The Southern Slam in December? I think several of their guys should be able to win several matches. Heck, we may even see a Johnson/Wigger matchup???? If not Archer GA brings a taleneted and Nationally recognized cast of lightweights.

I think Bamberg usually makes it up to Greenville for what probably is the toughest tournament in the state......even tho most of the Bamberg guys just stepped off the football field.

Will Chesterfield be there again this year?

Just love to see some of the best 1A/2A teams at this event....

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Gramps

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 28 Jul - 9:39

hdad, I hope you will reconsider. Your son is getting an experience that he will benefit from and remember for the rest of his life. Wrestling is a great sport and needs people like you, your son and Lex. You have always seemed like a reasonable man. Why not talk with Lex and work things out with him face to face instead of on a public blog? I think the outcome will be much more satisfying. Isn't that what you would want your son to do?

Hater, Kyle Sargent is a pretty nice kid. I'll be glad to introduce you to him sometime. If you like wrestling, fishing and hunting, you will probably get along pretty well.

A belated thanks to the Lake City coach and team. At one of the matches when I could not get a good position to take pictures, you offered me a seat on your bench and one of your wrestlers gave up his seat for me. You make me proud to be involved in the sport.

Coach CJS53, it was a the state finals and I hope to visit with you again next season.
Back to top Go down
C- Lewis

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 28 Jul - 11:35

I wish we could. The way Lexicon talks about it, that's a really great tournament. The 100 mile rule won't allow it.
Back to top Go down
Jeff Brule

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 28 Jul - 17:34

we would love to go! hell , we cant go to Irmo!! (101 miles) Unfortunately these restrictions are in place and are enforced. Call coach Adkins. We have great competition locally but ....
brule

hey cody, p.long looks like he's gained a pound (or 20) on facebook! summers been good for him
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cjs53

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 28 Jul - 20:39

yeah he has bulked up a little......been in the weight room with football all summer.....our fb players tend to put on a good little bit of muscle mass over the summer
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Ghost

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 28 Jul - 21:29

Lex Luger stirring the pot again. Some things never change ...lol
Back to top Go down
Guest9

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 3 Aug - 18:58

I heard JJ johnson and Dennis Flores may be transfering to Fort Dorchester. Fort D would be stacked, they lost no one.
Back to top Go down
JJohnson

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Wed 3 Aug - 22:55

Now why would someone post crap about JJ and Dennis like that. I would like to know who is doing it.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   Thu 4 Aug - 12:41

someone wanting to get a reaction........I'm sure they didn't actually hear that
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals   

Back to top Go down

SC Wrestlers at Fargo Cadet and Junior Nationals
Page 1 of 1