A-AA Message Board

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Lex

Go down 
AuthorMessage
deadjaso

PostSubject: Lex   Thu 30 Jun - 19:51

I've read your postings for awhile and they seem very educated. Are you a teacher? I haven't noticed your name on any teams roster but you've set up camps. What high school are you coaching at? Sorry for my ignorance but the name alludes me.
I'm only a parent but saw you attached the "pitbull" wrestling in hanahan to your name. I know coach Adkins and coach lewis as well as the other guy (can't remember his name). Hope your camp went well. Not often an olympic coach comes to town. HOw'd you make that happen?
Back to top Go down
Happy Pa

PostSubject: Re: Lex   Thu 30 Jun - 20:19

Coach Ingram,
Thanks for bringing in Coach Fraser. He was very affable and a fantastic clinician. I was thoroughly impressed with what you guys did. Our son has never been as excited about wrestling and motivated for next year. He improved a lot in four days and is proud to have made it through Fraser's hour long grind match. You were all great. Looking forward to next year!

Proud Parent
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Lex   Fri 1 Jul - 10:14

deadjaso,
I am not a high school teacher and I am not one of Hanahan's coaches. I am from Cali. Wrestled in high school and college at Clemson. I just love wrestling and try to help promote the sport and help SC's kids get better on a national level (like a lot of other people do in the state). I'm a fan of freestyle/greco wrestling and want to help the kids in the state with that. I run the Pit Bull Wrestling Club with Coach Lewis. I coached at Bishop England for six years through the Alex Nazon, Pat Stanley, Joe Boykin, and Derek Geiges years. Coach Lewis and I resurrected the Pit Bull Club four years ago while we were both at Bishop England. Then moved practices to Hanahan two years ago for convenience and because a lot of their kids were starting to join our club.

A lot of Hanahan's kids are in the wrestling club, BUT Pit Bull is not Hanahan's Club. The club may be somewhere else next year depending on support. Coach Lewis and Todd Ellis are involved, but not the other Hanahan coaches. They don't have anything to do with the club. They get our guys when the SCHSL season starts. I get them back as soon as the SCHSL season ends. We have kids from schools all over the the Charleston area and want as much diversity in the room as possible.

Camp went really well. Steve Fraser was great. A Great motivator and a fantastic clinician. He is an Olympic Champion and the Head Greco coach for USA Wrestling and the Olympic Training Center. The kids there picked up some great tools. Fraser loved Charleston and was very complimentary about our kids. He said he wants to do this next year on a bigger scale. Derek Geiges and Patrick Mestrez assisted him and they all worked great together.

As far as getting him to come to Charleston...It's just a matter of knowing a few people here and there and building relationships with the world guys. I went to the coaches clinic at the Olympic training Center in October and made some great contacts. I had a conversation with several about helping kids in our state. Fraser said that they need to start bringing the southeast along better in wrestling and we went from there. If work permits, I intend to bring other legitimate world level guys to Charleston next year. There is no reason why we settle for less than that. Next year look for special clinicians to be involved in the USA Freestyle events.

Thanks for asking. I hope that helps.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Lex   Fri 1 Jul - 10:20

Happy Pa,
Glad your son got value in Fraser's camp. I think it went well. Next year we will have the facilities nailed down sooner so I will be able to advertise better. Fraser was great. The kids loved him and took a lot from his message. The grind match was awesome! Everyone got stronger as it went on and finished tough as nails. A big props to Derek and Pat for everything. Thanks for the comments.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lex   

Back to top Go down

Lex
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
A-AA Message Board :: Wrestling Talk-
Jump to: