Share | 

TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   Tue 10 May - 9:41

Team Palmetto High School will be holding a joint practice at Lexington High School on Sunday at 2PM. This is a mandatory practice for team members. If someone wants excused, they need to contact me directly. Guest Clinicians will be Chris Bono, Jeff Ragan, and Jesse Ruiz.

Chris Bono was a 3 time US National Team Member, a US National Champ and an NCAA National Champ. He coached at UTC as head coach and Iowa State as Assistant Coach.

Jeff Ragan was an NCAA All American (with a broken ankle), a Junior World Team Member and Big 12 Champion. He is the Head Assistant Coach at The Citadel

Jesse Ruiz is ranked in the World in Freestyle as a Heavyweight and is on the Mexican National Team. He is currently an Assistant Coach at The Citadel.

Jeff will be working with the little guys, Chris with the Middle weights, and Jesse with the bigger weights.

One of the benefits to being selected to Team Palmetto is getting exposed to high level coaching, so we look forward to working with these outstanding clinicians on Sunday.

Others are welcome to attend, but if there are issues regarding mat space, we are there to work the Team Palmetto guys, and they will take priority.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Bru

PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   Tue 10 May - 17:51

I might be reading into this post but it seems that unless your "team Palmetto" you might not get mat space. Lexington is a nice trip for alot of parents out there. Its hard to appreciate the talent being brought in when the selection is narrowed to specific wrestlers. Is there another time when this clinic could be provided to the other majority of wrestlers? If not, why post this as an opportunity? OK now I'm ready for the sarcastic, insulting and belittling responses..
Back to top Go down
Jeff Bru

PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   Tue 10 May - 17:53

sorry Jeff Brule (sr) hanahan
Back to top Go down
bellr

PostSubject: lex big wrestling room   Tue 10 May - 19:57

Lexington has a huge wrestling room
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   Wed 11 May - 8:40

Not sure what you mean, coach?

Team Palmetto is our State Team that is picked by coaches to travel to National Tournaments for elite competitiion and exposure to College Scouts. This team is open to ALL SC wrestlers. Just apply and see if you are picked. If not come to Palmetto duals or Team Palmetto Practices. There are also Team Palmetto practices every Sunday very close to you, coach. Plus all over state! At the Citadel. That's what????? 15 minutes away? And typically has the state's top talent plus some world ranked wrestlers. Just give Jerry a call.

Coach, it's a free clinic that Team Palmetto sponsors.....funds. It's a benefit for kids that make the committment and sacrifice to be a part of our State Team. But after that we give ANY kid the opportunity to come partice with Team Palmetto. And get a coached and taught by wold class wrestlers.

Coach, It's a Team Palmetto practice. Why wouldn't it be for Team Palmetto wrestlers first?????

Let me give you a scenario.....
Ok coach I name you....Coach Brule....as the 2012 Team Palmetto coach. I say you get fisrt pick of all the state's talent. All Team Palmetto applicant's come to you! Then you choose who you want on the team. You set up practices over the state for the kids you chose. You run practices every week. You enter your Team Palmetto into the top dual tournaments. You are trying to get your team prepared for PA, MI, OH, IA, FL, etc. Then I tell you at one of your practices we will give you money to pay for Clinicians of your choice to come in and train the Team you are taking all over the country. But.......I say wait Coach Brule.....you must instead of these clinician coming in training the kids you picked....the kids competing out of state....the kids traveling across state EVERY weekend....the kids sacrificing their weekends...the parents of these kids who also is pumping in money every week......... that you will have to open the practice up and train anyone that show up.? Is that fair?

Not belittling at all coach. Just trying to give you perspective. The intent. If you want mat time with some of the clinicians.....they frequent the club that is only about 15 min away from you. There is a Team Palmetto practice every week. I know Ruiz(World Ranked right now) is there every Sunday. Give Jerry a call. I am sure he would welcome you over.

I hope this helps coach. I don't mind the questions at all and would love to have you help out with Team Palmetto?

Thanks,
Michael K Sanders

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   Wed 11 May - 9:40

Well Put MKSanders.

As someone unbiased and outside of the Team Palmetto fold, it only makes sense.
If Team Palmetto is organizing their travel team, putting together the practices/clinics for that team so they can be competitive, and bringing in special clinicians, it only makes sense that the practices are for them.

There is nothing wrong with that. If other people want to be involved, then they should volunteer themselves to help out or in the wrestlers case, try out or apply. Otherwise, it is simple. Organize your own clinics and bring in your own clinicians and have the practices when and where you want.
Then set the rules.

Peace
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jeff Bru

PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   Wed 11 May - 17:56

totally agree with what you said and how you responded. Thank you and I do appreciate the honest feedback. The last sentence was more for those "posters" who wouldn't understand. and just respond under a guest name with trash talk. Team Palmetto is a fantastic club and I enjoyed watching them at the Citadel against Michigan. Thanks for filling me in and all who read this.
jeff
Back to top Go down
Jeff Bru

PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   Wed 11 May - 17:59

sorry coach, in response to your last statement, my wife says I'm done til the 4 monthe grueling season starts again. I'm hope you understand
jeff
Back to top Go down
Big J

PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   Thu 12 May - 11:01

Bruel you told me you where in charge of the house, and the wife will not let you out?
Back to top Go down
mksanders

PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   Thu 12 May - 11:30

LOL....... ok Coach is that the sarcastic remarks you were waiting for? LOL Very Happy

Seriously, I completely understand. I would love to spend all my time with wretling but other things move up on the list.....Mortgages, food on the table, transportation, etc.

Again, Thanks for the question. I hope I answered you. But it looks like Big J has started the fun comments! lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger   

Back to top Go down

TEAM PALMETTO Practice...per Jerry Wigger
Page 1 of 1