A-AA Message Board

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj

Go down 
AuthorMessage
bellr

PostSubject: guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj   Sat 23 Apr - 14:16

GUESTO & CLEWIS just wanted to get ur thoughts after turtogtukhs big win over NCAA finalist Tyler caldwell (okla u) at the univ ntls....and the citadel graveyard?
Back to top Go down
GUESTO

PostSubject: Re: guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj   Sun 24 Apr - 8:30

Happy Easter Turtogtukh!
Apparently the Mongolian's victory is the greatest achievement in the wrestling programs history considering he got smoked in the finals. I see Oklahoma did not send any other guys to compete. I wonder if the huge coaching transition had something to do with that. Going to their website, it looks like they had their team banquet yesterday. Caldwell may have just showed up. Rumors were on Theopenmat.com that he and several others were wanting to transfer once they find out where Sammie is going. Still a victory over an ill-prepared Caldwell is huge for the Citadel.

Even better for the Mongolian. By placing top two at University Nationals, He now qualifies to go to the OTC and take an Olympic Redshirt. That is a great way to get away from the graveyard and progress in wrestling.
Back to top Go down
C_LEWIS

PostSubject: Re: guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj   Sun 24 Apr - 8:53

That was a great win for him .Gongrats. Like my Dad used to tell me when I competed, Even a blind dog will piss on the paper now and then.
Back to top Go down
bellr

PostSubject: nioce excuse   Sun 24 Apr - 9:32

That's what I figured ud say or some crazy excuse ud come up with
U guys r amazing!
Back to top Go down
C-Lewis

PostSubject: Re: guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj   Sun 24 Apr - 18:57

bellr
Its nothing personal and i hope you dont take it that way. that is a great win for him. I have lived in Chas. for 45 years and i have never been a Citadel fan. No real reason, just havent. I do know it is a fine educational instatution. i have worked with several alumn. over the years and they are all very smart and hard working guys. you cant really base a program off one kid pulling off one big upset. though that would have been a great match to watch, he did not do anything with that win. i also know that j.c. otto got a win off one of the OU guys early in the year and was good for him.
I wish that The Citadel was better ,then they were, that would bring some great wrestling to the lowcountry. They need to revamp that entire program starting with the coaching staff. they could learn a thing or two from Newberry. look how far they have come in the last ten years.
again that is just my opinion and in the grand scheme of things, my opinion does not mean much. its just the way i see it.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj   Sun 24 Apr - 19:07

I am glad to see Turtogtukh did well. He probably feels better getting back to his roots in freestyle. He and Caldwell had a very close match during the NCAA reg season at the Lone Star Duals.

Bellr,
Do you think his success will jump start the Bulldogs into getting more involved in freestyle or is this just Turtogtukh doing his own thing? I would love to see them as a whole (as the only Div I team in SC) take another step forward.

I have to ask though BellR, Are you excited for Turtogtukh or just taking a stab at Caldwell?
I noticed on SCVarsity.com your thread title was: tyler caldwell (ok) goes down
For the record, Caldwell is cool guy and serves as a great leader to the OKlahoma team as a true sophmore (not to mention a 2x All American and a finalist). I know Geiges is close to him and speaks very highly of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bellr

PostSubject: caldwell, turtog, citadel   Sun 24 Apr - 23:11

Lex
No slight on caldwell, just super excited to see some citadel kids do well. I've heard caldwell is super leader and outstanding. I really enjoyed his b12 match with burroughs. Post title on scvarsity was just that, a post, no knocks, dudes ton better than me. As for more doing FS/gr they have a few every year at universites they had a few guys place a couple yrs up there(koziel, Ivan), plus they had delany placing at Dave schultz this past yr. sometimes it depends on weekends, school military orders, etc if they can go

CLEWIS
Why bring in new staff? They've done more for that program than anyone in its history. More schollys, travel budget, better kids, national rankings, great asst every year, top kids that never would come in past, and making tremendous strides in the right direction. Sorry if I come off wrong but I do hate all the negative talk and no discussion whatsoever when positive things happen. Comparing citadel to newberry is unjust, u can't just cut the military stuff out, its apples and oranges. I just have a hard time when u make untrue statements about a program.
Citadel has had plenty of other big wins than Turtogs finish this weekend and u know that or if u don't u don't see the big picture!
So is ur dislike for citadel the military college? Citadel wrestling? Or there coaching staff?
Back to top Go down
c- lewis

PostSubject: Re: guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj   Mon 25 Apr - 13:57

Just never been a fan. I have had several dealings with the team and they just haven't been positive. The pre Fargo camp was anything but. I went down there several times last year and my guys were bored to death, said that Plamen was the only one that showed anything that was close to freestyle or Gregory. Ithink leting Plamen slip away was a mistake. A two time olympion had to come work for me at a night clue as a bounced cause they hardly paid him anything. You can ask Lex, but Jeff talked ill of Derek Guiges coach at BE. Really? Who does that? At a match and Rob was calling a kid by the wrong name. I knew that cause my wife and I were sitting next to the kids parents. His dad was livid to say the least. There is more but I just don't have the time. I haven't said anything that is untrue. I have given my opinion and you didnot like it. There is a big difference.
Back to top Go down
The Fan

PostSubject: Re: guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj   Mon 25 Apr - 22:03

If you are going to bring Geiges into a conversation, you might want to learn how to spell his name first. He is a great kid, a great representative for our state, and deserves that much. I'm also guessing he wouldn't have any part of this conversation other than to speak up for his teammate Caldwell if it was needed. I don't ever remember him posting on high school message boards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj   

Back to top Go down

guest-o and c-lewis thoughts on tyler caldwell (OU) losing to citadels turtogtukh luvsandorj
Page 1 of 1