A-AA Message Board

HomeRegisterLog in

Share | 

Nationals- VA Beach

Go down 
AuthorMessage
HasBeen

PostSubject: Nationals- VA Beach   Sat 19 Mar - 19:03

If it's like last year..when you register don't put high school. If you did you need to email them and get them to take it off. Example- Spartanburg High School..you will only put Spartanburg. Other states let there wrestlers represent there school but you know how SC dictators are.
Back to top Go down
C-LEWIS

PostSubject: Re: Nationals- VA Beach   Sun 20 Mar - 5:41

YEA, I dont understand the schsl. They now tell us that the kids are not to compete in any post season compatition. WTF. They also are saying now that I can only have 11 wrestlers that dressed out for varsity on my Pit Bull team, I thought it was about the kids. These guys seem to be doing everything under the sun to make sure these kids dont succeed. I tell my friends that coach in other states about how things are here and they think I am joking, that there is no way any HSL would do so much to hold kids back from reaching there full potential.
Back to top Go down
C-LEWIS

PostSubject: Re: Nationals- VA Beach   Sun 20 Mar - 5:47

Somebody needs to make a shirt.
SUMMER WRESTLING MAKES WINTER CHAMPIONS
( SCHSL"Not if we can help it.")
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Nationals- VA Beach   Sun 20 Mar - 8:54

Wow.
If That's the case, the SCHSL is out of control. Out of season they really should have zero say in what kids do in OTHER organizations and events. It sounds like a bunch of former "Not Quite's" that don't want people to get better so that they themselves won't fall far behind. Shame on them.

That is why I coach freestyle and greco.

Last edited by Lex L. on Mon 21 Mar - 7:18; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HasBeen

PostSubject: lol   Sun 20 Mar - 17:26

They have no say in what these kids do over the summer and will never have a say in it. They make think they are God but really they are a bunch of losers that want to impose the little power they have to make themselves feel important and in control. How do these clowns get this job? Please tell me there some kind of voting involved.
Back to top Go down
mksanders

Number of posts : 152
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Nationals- VA Beach   Mon 21 Mar - 8:48

Once this is pushed they will lose just like they lost the Dual participation rule.

If anyone remembers the dual participation rule? The HS league used to say a team, coach, athelete, could and would get punished by the SCHSL if they competed in any competition during the season. They fought it all the way to the SC supreme court and lost there before they finally gave up on it.

From memory......the actual case that was fought was a JV soccer girl played on a Sunday rec league soccer game. SCHSL found out about it and took the State Championship away from the team, fined the coach, and suspended the athlete. The girls parent's fought back and finally won. Thanks to her.....and her parents..... now kids that can't get enough matches during season with their HS team can go out and get competition elsewhere.

Another example......I hope my memeory serves me coorectly with the teams. A JV baseball player was brought up off JV. He actually never played in game but caoch brought the good JV kid along for the playoff game(as many coaches do this to introduce kids to the playoff atmosphere). The coach didn't realize and the player never thought twice about playing in a church softball leauge. Opposing team protested that the kid was dual participating.....Camden had to forfeit theit playoff win..

Absolutely pitiful and out of control by the HS league. But again, the SCHSL wound up losing in the SC supreme court.....about dual participation.

Crazy thing is....The Dual participation rule was lost by the SCHSL.....maybe 10-12 years ago.....but many ADs and coaches......to this day are so scared of the SC hitler league.....um I mean the SCHSL that AD's won't let kids dual particpate and will reference this dual participation rule..... That violates so many of athletes and parents right. The HS league was basically saying you play with our league and we control what you do on your free time.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Overated

PostSubject: Nat   Mon 21 Mar - 23:07

Who all are going to VA Beach to represent SC? I see Eastside,Chesnee and summerville with a few wrestlers. Isn't Chesnee a very young program?
Back to top Go down
Guest098

PostSubject: Re: Nationals- VA Beach   Tue 22 Mar - 19:39

Hanahan has 2 wrestlers going, 145 and 112
Back to top Go down
HasBeen

PostSubject: k   Tue 22 Mar - 22:29

Im glad to see more SC wrestlers at VA Beach. Im taking 4 Chesnee wrestlers with me and it would be good to get some other SC wrestlers to come over and warm up with us. I remember last year i took one and he had no one to warm up with. We are taking 119, 125,135 and 160..so if u have guys close to these weights we would like to get together and drill before the tourney starts.
Back to top Go down
c- lewis

PostSubject: Re: Nationals- VA Beach   Wed 23 Mar - 5:34

who are you hasbeen and I will have one of the coaches or parents get in touch when they get there.
Back to top Go down
crowleyy

PostSubject: Re: Nationals- VA Beach   Sun 27 Mar - 12:58

If u won state last year could u go this year to nationals
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nationals- VA Beach   

Back to top Go down

Nationals- VA Beach
Page 1 of 1