A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MLK Duals

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
HasBeen

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 15:00

What all teams will be at the MLK Duals?
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeTue 4 Jan - 15:16

Bamberg, White Knoll, Loris, Cheraw, Bluffton.......other than that, I'm not sure
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 16:34

chesterfield will be there I think.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
cjs53

cjs53

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 16:52

that went without saying......jerk!
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 16:56

I was being serious...the way our numbers/injuries are we could just drop out and host the tourney.

In all seriousness....Anson has dropped and we need another team.
Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Number of posts : 77
Registration date : 2009-01-20

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 18:28

There is Lex's shot to see Hanahan wrestle Bamberg, Loris, and Chesterfield in the same day! Now that would be some some strong 1A/2A pairings... a round robin bracket with those 4!
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 18:45

Unfortunately, that is our of Hanahan's 100 mile restriction.
I tried to get Chesterfield to come down to the Hawk Invitational instead. IT didn't work out for the Rams I guess.

Hey, you could hold the MLK Duals at Hanahan and then all of you can come to Charleston for the weekend. You'll be asked to shower and brush your teeth though.

LSO~Call Coach Spence. BE might like to get in there. There are rebuilding, but they do have some competitive kids. It would also give Maltby a shot to redeem himself against Sottile before lowerstate. Not to mention BE needs a tournament since Bamberg cancelled their Dec 30th event. I heard Bamberg's coach offered to pay for BE's entry fee anyways for cancelling the tournament and not reciprocating BE for travel to Bamberg for nearly a decade......
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 18:48

I lost his number...if he wants in ask him to contact me.

Teams include:
Chesterfield
Cheraw
Central Pageland
Bamberg
Loris
White Knoll
Bluffton
Chesnee
Edisto

Hartsville maybe joining, but I much rather have BE.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 18:52

also...Cfield is as thin on coaches as in wrestlers. I am gone 90% of the time and Joe can't make it to every full practice...so essentially Will has to run MS and varsity. The weekend of the Hawk is our MS qualifier. Will and Joe both have to travel with them, so the varisty cannot do anything that weekend. Trust me, with Hanahan looking like the obvious favorite in 2A we would love to have a crack at them and prove that we are still the best A-AA team in the state, but logistically it cannot happen.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 21:15

I let Spence know. BE is getting ready to wrestle Wando and Fort D tonight.

Predictions?
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeWed 5 Jan - 21:33

Lex, what's with all the stabs you're taking at Bamberg lately? I've always liked you, but I'm not sure what's up with your remarks towards me and my team? You act like I wanted to cancel that tournament. I mean come on man it's not like I cancelled it because I wanted the day off. Also, I don't know what you want me to do about the decades you guys travelled to Bamberg before I got here, heck I've offered to travel down to Bishop England already. you can stop with the smear campaign. If there's some reason you're upset with us, get it off your chest. I've been blamed for a lot of things in the past year so what's one more thing gonna hurt?
Back to top Go down
NSwrestler(retired)

NSwrestler(retired)

Number of posts : 230

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 0:16

Lex trash talks everybody, it was just your turn coach. He doesn't mean anything by it, at least I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 8:19

cjs53,
Man you're sensitive.
I wasn't stabbing or smearing Bamberg.
I made a half-hearted joke on another thread about why Bamberg/Loris no longer attend the Hawk Invitational when I was trying to find out who was attending (still don't know by the way). The joke was intended to reference all the unfortunate crap that happened to Hanahan last year. Do I think you and Loris masterminded a plan to stop Hanahan from winning a dual title (which those of you who know me, know I am all about the state individual titles and believe the team title should be based on that)? No. If you did work together, then the comic book start to your plot would have began with both of your teams randomly not going to the Hawk in the same year for the first time in a long time, the same year that the Hanahan/Loris debacle happened at Hanahan in the playoffs last year. You know. You were there.

Anyways, that was obviously a joke. I thought it was obvious. If you feel I insulted your program in any way, I apologize. Bamberg has always produced some solid kids. I think a lot of Heirs, Walling (little Pat Stanley~said it), and Long. Fun kids to watch. I also appreciate you taking your team out of its comfort zone to a lot of quality tournaments throughout the year. Since they don't wrestle freestyle/greco or go to the big national events in the off season, that is a huge key to helping them develop. You do that for them. So kudos.

Do I really think you will pay for BE to go to the MLK? C'mon man. Have you been hanging out with my wife or something? Put down the US Weekly coach. We're dudes. NSwrestler(retired) said you likely didn't go back to the Hawk because of reciprocation and such. Probably true. I was just reminding you about little old BE. I talked to you about them and reciprocating before. I fully understand about cancelling tournaments if teams drop out. Especially over the holidays when kids/parents can be difficult to get cooperation from.
If I can nudge competitive teams to travel to Hanahan while their competitive and because of their silly travel restrictions, I will. If I can help Coach Spence get the matches he wants for his program, I will. That's all that was.

Now quit getting your feelings hurt dagnabbit. Are we cool? Flowers aren't in my budget.

Back to top Go down
1-1/2 Nelson

1-1/2 Nelson

Number of posts : 77

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 10:13

I think Lex is just jealous that Bamberg-Ehrhardt has a cool hyphen in our B-E and Bishop England just has plain ole BE!

In the eight grade Hiers and Long did wrestle with Team Palmetto Middle School in Iowa and Ohio which helped them immensely not only with their technique practicing with a talent laden team but seeing what quality wrestling is. Walling has been rolling round with those two for over six years which just makes them all better, and most importantly the entire team. And Bamberg has several other wrestlers I think you are gonna see start standing out, but only time will tell.

As you all know in a 1A school, Unfortunately or fortunately, most all our kids are two and three sport athletes which really limits their participation in FS/GR season and national events. We had eight wrestlers playing football in the State Championship 6 days before we went to the Slam! But Coach Slaughter has done a great job with summer camps and wrestling opportunities.

And lastly, CJS53 is a sensitive guy just ask his wrestlers how soft he is on them! haha
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitimeThu 6 Jan - 10:37

LEX I'll only accept roses to make it all better.

NELSON yeah you are right I do take it easy on them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MLK Duals Empty
PostSubject: Re: MLK Duals   MLK Duals Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MLK Duals
Page 1 of 1