A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Maverick

Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Empty
PostSubject: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec - 6:52

I thought they were supposed to wrestle last night.
I drive out there and nope. Hanahan wrestled weak Stratford, but not Fort D. Why? and don't use finals as an excuse as you have dual matches scheduled 3 nights in a row this week and the Cane Bay tournament this weekend? Obviously homework and studying are not the priority there. I like a lot of other fans wanted to see how they stack up against a real team.
Are ugoing to reschedule Fort D?
Back to top Go down
Jeff Brule

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec - 9:35

we were just as shocked as everyone else. The call came from F.dort on monday informing us on their decision. The reason they provided was exams. I spoke to a few of the wrestlers during weigh-in and they seemed just as confused. What can you do? As for rescheduling, not a chance. Again not our call. I will mention to you "maverick" that we did match up well with them (FD) and if you think for a moment that strattford is not a quality opponent I would ask you who is ? Thanks for making the drive from whereever you came from.
coach brule
Back to top Go down
c- lewis

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec - 10:13

yea, it was fort that backed out. they said it was because of exams. honestly by no means do we think we would have won the dual, but we would have had some good matchups and you are right mav. it would have been a real good team to face but somethings are beyond our control. i am also with you mavrick onthe fact that when the schedule is made and then it is submitted to the SCHSL, you should have to stick to it. I dont think fort was worried at all about us, but i think th big 4a ego said that they have nothing to gain by wrestling us.
Back to top Go down
Maverick

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec - 13:20

Thanks c-Lewis.
I was dissappointed. Shame on Fort D. I did notice that Hanahan wasn't listed on their schedule though. I wanted to watch you all against a top notch program this year. I think your overall answer was right on point.

Jeff Brule??? Do you know anything about any of the other teams out there? Stratford was solid several years ago. Now they are a shell of what they were. If that is what you consider quality then that explains Hanahan's weak schedule. Going undefeated against second and third tier teams is like being the king of the retards. Burke? Stall? N. Charleston? West Ashley? Timberland? Berkeley (now)? James Island (now)? Stratford (Now)? Goose Creek never wins anything except your tournament. Are you serious thinking Stratford is quality?
Quality programs around Hanahan (since you use the travel restrictions as your schedule excuse) would be:
Summerville
Fort D
Bamberg
Blufton
Hilton Head

Otherwise there are plenty within a two hour drive.

I hope your foot isn't too salty for you.
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec - 14:14

Just so you know, Hanahan did beat HH and Bluffton last week
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec - 15:35

well if that's the case Bamberg beat Chesterfield at the Slam! go ahead and crown us now we don't even need to wrestle the head to head dual match....What's the point?
Back to top Go down
uh uh

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec - 15:37

Not in a dual. At the competitive B-Town throwdown individual tournament.
Back to top Go down
c-lewis

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec - 16:14

yea , we did beat them by team points, but it is different in a dual match. we do have Bluffton Jan 20 and I think we might see HH at stratford duals. I am sure they will be ready for us. they both have good wrestlers and really good coaches.
Back to top Go down
Lex L.

Number of posts : 527
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitimeThu 16 Dec - 17:09

Stratford has been down a bit the last few years, but they still usually have several solid kids. They have always had a very deep youth club. Unfortunately for them, they just don't seem to do a whole lot once they get into high school lately.

I think Hanahan probably matched up well with Fort D in their strong weights. I think difference would have been that Fort D, despite having a bit of a rebuilding year, can still field a solid kid at just about every weight. That is the difference between a good 4a program and a good 2a program. The bodies. Most 2a teams have to fill at least a weight or two. doubt Fort D does.

Anyways, a shame the dual didn't happen. It would have been a good litmus test for the Hawks. It is easy for a good team to get complacent if they are not challenged.

Oh, and BE (the Bishops) was just a few points behind Chesterfield at the Slam...What does that mean? And sophmore and 2nd year wrestler David Sottile pinned Maltby from Chesterfield there. Nice win.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?   Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why didn't Hanahan wrestle Fort D at Stratford as advertised?
Page 1 of 1