A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Abbeville Wrestling

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
matslap3

Abbeville Wrestling Empty
PostSubject: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeTue 31 Aug - 18:57

Good sign for Abbeville Wrestling, coach leaves but wrestlers still interested, had 41 9th-12th graders show up for wrestling meeting and physical info session. Should add a few more that didnt attend. Encouraging stats for the new era panthers.
Back to top Go down
HasBeen

PostSubject: J   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu 2 Sep - 18:01

We had about 48 but the numbers will dwindle of course. Tough sport...you might get 8 or 10 out of 40. Also depends on how tough ur practice is..u gotta ease them into it. lol. if u had the meeting during school... just a good way to slide out of class.
Back to top Go down
beau

PostSubject: gary   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu 9 Sep - 14:04

When did u learn how 2 count??? Laughing Did u use ur toes? elephant lol!
Back to top Go down
atown

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSun 12 Sep - 2:44

you are exactly right and with a new coach more interested in fishing and football interest and committment may very well fall off...seems the administration just wanted to put someone in the spot for wrestling, dont be surprised if Abbeville drops wrestling soon...If the head coach left from one of the bigger sports would they just slide someone on staff in that spot without any experience...the only reason they dropped to 1A Div.II, was to win a state title in football, what a way to get it....but they dont have money except to pay for a graduated football player travel expenses and other needs to a midwest college only for that person to sell what he was bought and buy a plane ticket back to SC two days later. ya, it would probably be hard to get a qualified person to come to Abbeville unless they were home grown.
Back to top Go down
laughing

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 9:54

I elect beau to be the new head coach, we might only know one move but o well haha
Back to top Go down
gablelok

PostSubject: Ware shoals has the similar problems   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri 17 Sep - 10:31

In Ware Shoals at the club level those coaches purduced several state champioms, all-Americans, and a few national Champions. But The high school team suffers because the AD could careless about wrestling. So a person of poor knowledge of the sport is heading up the HS wrestling program. I give it two years before WS does not have a program. Its a shame!
Back to top Go down
bulldog

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeTue 21 Sep - 22:58

He might be on to something - there is definately more money in fishing than a wrestling supplement!!!
Back to top Go down
Wild Bil

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeWed 22 Sep - 9:30

I thought it was about giving back to the kids!
Back to top Go down
Tiger 1

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep - 13:43

Gonna be fun watching crescent beat up on abbeville this year. Already got a bunch of the guys back that got ran off. we will get to c the decline for the panthers beginning this year, beat down after beat down. Dont be surprised to c the tigers in the finals, just my prediction. Hope da pathers win it in football only sport that they can. Cant wait to see the look on gary oaks' face when martin and the tigers put that beat down on them. Abeville u SUCK...
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu 23 Sep - 14:18

wow......laying down the challenege, I hear ya!!!!! nothing wrong with that. Good luck to both teams
Back to top Go down
goaks

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep - 2:02

wow, it seems that wrestling season is just round the corner now...i just had my teeth cleaned, not that it helps but hopefully it will improve my smile or smirk, either one i hope u enjoy. And yes fishing is being used as a new training tool for the wrestling team...we load them on the boat, teach each one to tie a hook, bait it, cast the line and just SIT AND WAIT......Then they jump off the boat and swim back to shore....What do they wait for you might be wondering in between puffs off your crack pipe....ASS SUCKERS....That is a type of fish that is rarely seen but you hear a lot from, usually by before the season or just at the beginning then they swim back to the scum hole and just watch from a distance, wishing they werent ASS SUCKERS....but oh well you are what you are....Yes, it will be a difficult task for the Panthers to compete this year....but i think they will be ok...and if crescent beats Abbeville and that makes your season i hope you have a successful one...I already have my crying towel in my pocket....
Back to top Go down
Lateral

PostSubject: uhoh   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri 24 Sep - 14:03

Crescent shouldn't be focusing on Abbeville... there is at least one team in there region planning on spanking that tail. Better "get right!"
Back to top Go down
HOLLIDAY

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSun 26 Sep - 23:58

abbeville will definately not drop wrestling and the martin leaving was it was to late to hire a expirenced coach but botts will do fine we have plenty of college guys coming down to help and crescent will not beat us as long as i have something to do with it
Back to top Go down
zico

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu 7 Oct - 20:26

yeah martin left to get a better life for his family but everybody who is trying to get this big rivary going need to calm down and just let it go no need for a grudge match just need to be one of thoses welcome back martin and the two teams compete like men
Back to top Go down
Andrew T

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu 7 Oct - 21:07

I just read all these comments about panthers vs. the tigers! Its pretty bad when a person gets run down for making a better life for his family! Now Martin loves all the panthers that he has coached and will always remember what he did there! All this stupid stuff going back and forth needs to stop! I understand how most of the panthers feel about the whole thing but that dont means dogging out the person who came to Abbeville and started the team! So what you lost your coach life goes on that shold motivate you to even work harder everyday! And to the tighers DONT base your whole season on beating the panthers and if you do your whole season will be lost! I Andrew Tillman will be in both wrestling rooms over the season to help both teams with anything and when im in your wrestling room i DONT want to hear about this or i just want come back! Now the better team will win, the hardest working team will win, and the team with the biggest heart will win! Good Luck to the PANTHERS and TIGERS!
Back to top Go down
new guy

Number of posts : 70
Registration date : 2009-12-31

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 0:02

mr. tilman, heart has nothing to do with winning but reading your post , ...... one can do nothing but admire the passion in your words.
I hope other readers just felt the fire! This year is gonna be great! Its almost Time

Finally!!

Lowcountry wins state again?

Back to top Go down
Guest1

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 2:00

Wow. learning so much. wrestling has nothing to do with heart..oh yea? you sure 'bout that one new guy?

heard of hog suckers but never heard of oak's "buttocks" suckers. I bleve them boys is really fishin for carps lol!

Tillman pledges allegiance to two bitter rivals. Better yet consider they are complete opposites of each other. Can't you just picture him instructing a bunch of lilly white Iva farm boys, then basing on down to Atown to the hood. Imagine if those two schools get together for a combined practice. Iva boys singing about their tractors on one side of the room while the Atown boys break it down with some soulful R&B across the mat. Talk about cultural diversity. Gunna get interesting - and Lex ain't even involved yet! can hardly wait for the season.
Back to top Go down
goaks

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 2:18

Oh i agree with you Andrew, I think both schools should combine and just work out together and share panties. Dont be surprised if I show up somewhere in a Tiger singlet. And I think it would be great for Adam to help with a wrestler from Crescent who would be competing against his brother, now wouldnt that be grand. Sometimes blood is thicker than water. Actually I think that if both schools share workout videos that would be even a greater hug match. And as far as rivalries oh that is what makes hs sports survive, wake up and smell the coffee. Yes, Abbeville is going up there this year, lets see how long it is before the favor is returned. And if you dont think Martin has that date circled on his schedule well you have bumped your head. And if you remember who was it that thumped Abbeville for a few years, Crescent and Walhalla, Anthony liked beating those teams the last few years. Actually when these two teams wrestle I think you should ref so if it gets too rough you can blow the whistle or wipe a nose. Do you really think Coach Botts and Coach Martin are gonna wrestle for a tie. Anthony knows how I feel about him and his family, but it is on as it always has when the two schools wrestle.
Back to top Go down
atown

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeFri 8 Oct - 11:12

A.T.,
Shouldn't you be studying or practicing instead of going to Crescent's room? We all love Coach Martin, but you you are supposed to be a Panther bro. Get your head and heart right.
Back to top Go down
HOLLIDAY

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-03-12

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct - 21:48

i m not bashing martin at all i love coach martin he has done a great deal for me i just dont like when people bash abbeville
Back to top Go down
Andrew T

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSun 10 Oct - 23:43

atown if you know me then you know that martin has done a great deal for me and my brother and so my heart is with him the least i can do is go and help out his team so dont tell i need to get my headand heart in the right place! you are right i am a panther that doesnt mean i cant help anyone else!
Back to top Go down
inthekno

PostSubject: Tiger 1   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 6:55

Just for those who are not sure who Tiger 1 is well lets see.... yea you guessed it... ..Gary Oaks. Just his way of stirring things up and trying to start more crap as usual.
Back to top Go down
goaks

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeMon 11 Oct - 12:54

nope not me...
Back to top Go down
antoniot

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeTue 12 Oct - 0:38

wow can everybody just calm down and all kids work hard and preform on that matt i really dont see the big deal both teams have to work to get better and yea i would like to see the teams go at it but not a hate match a friendly match
Back to top Go down
simmons

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct - 20:22

hey dillon stay off here bro we on the road to a championship, cresent is 2a we need to be training for feb right now those lower state boys are laughing their assz off right now at yall grown mean arguing over a high school sport. this has nothing to do with yall chill out. the tillman brothers owe martin for soooo much and they know that they owe botts as well and they know that when im getting ready to sign whereeva i want both coaches to get the glory because they both made all of us the wrestlers we are. and i know holliday richmond and mudd will agree when i say this thread is closed to any abbeville wrestler gary and anybody else dont drag my team down this road.
Back to top Go down
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu 14 Oct - 22:54

spell-check!!
better than a dictionary

help us lower state guys,,, (WAIT A MINUTE, GOTTA RE-BAIT )what did you say?
Back to top Go down
mmartin

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct - 16:33

I hope all of you boys remember why you are wrestling and do not let these grown men acting like Addison get to you. I love all of my Abbeville boys and families and look forward to Anthony and I creating new friendships in Iva. Keep your cool, I hope all of you do your best and have a great season. I am ready for wrestling and I know you all ready to hear my mouth!!!!!!!! Surprised
Back to top Go down
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct - 17:07

15 days til its on

been a while since we've heard a-town tell us how great abbeville is.
just out of curiousity....... how many teams out there wrestle outside their comfort zone?
any 4A teams on the schedule?
can't wait to hear the responses

time to fish!

Back to top Go down
a town

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSat 16 Oct - 17:52

4a means nothing if your wrestling weak 4a schools. What 4a schools are you talking about New Guy? I know your not wrestling Fort D or Summerville at Hanahan.
Back to top Go down
rant

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct - 2:12

Dont know new guy.....who made the schedule? Ask them and you will have an answer...
Back to top Go down
Guest1

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct - 13:46

New Guy,

I am an upstate guy and will take your "bait." You of all people call a high school kid, Keenan Simmons, out on this page for his spelling? I seem to recall you typing words like "rediculous" and "virifiable" on other threads on this board. Additionally, your annoying multiple punctuation marks and incomprehensible run-on sentences are difficult to decipher at times. And you claim to be a school administrator, right? That's scary Dude! Don't throw rocks if you live in a glass house!

Disclaimer - Beware, this post was made without the use of spell check.
Back to top Go down
new guy

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct - 14:21

no admin here , just playing the game (should game be in quotes?)
Back to top Go down
a town

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeSun 17 Oct - 16:52

At least in Abbeville, we learn to capitalize now and then. Also, you don't need to put a space after a word before you use a comma.

Oh, and Abbeville is great you nube.
Back to top Go down
tanker

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeMon 18 Oct - 13:02

Just love to see peeps on here post who have never wrestled or coached, but do have a mouth...lol......
Back to top Go down
Mr. Pin

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeTue 19 Oct - 9:40

i hate to say it but i don't think Abbeville will be a top dog in the race to a State Championship i'd like to see bamberg take the title and hold it for the next couple of years.
Back to top Go down
Andrew T

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeWed 20 Oct - 15:09

Whooooo somebody in trouble Mama M are on the boards now!
Back to top Go down
kofi

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeThu 21 Oct - 17:46

fort dorchester isnt da same power house it used 2 be the last four or five years... i kno bcause my cousin was their 189 last year nd they lost about 10- 12 quality wrestlers
Back to top Go down
apowell

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct - 18:33

I can go ahead and let everyone know that the Abbeville wrestling team will be ready by their first match. I have been coaching them to the best of my ability. Most of them already had a great arsenal of moves they had learned from Coach Martin and only needed some fine tuning with technique. They have been helping coach my younger guys since last week and it has been excellent. These boys are a really great group to have around. If they don't perform well in the state tournament this year, I will be very surprised. I haven't been able to see much SC wrestling, especially in the HS area, because I am from GA, but I do know that there are some legit programs in SC, throughout all classifications. But I must say that I am proud to have been able to work with the Abbeville boys in the preseason and I look forward to helping them in the future.

Go Panthers!!
Back to top Go down
Jeff Brule

Number of posts : 57
Registration date : 2010-10-27

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitimeWed 27 Oct - 19:20

coach, way to step in, You have a great team with alot of talent. Good luck this year.
hanahan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Abbeville Wrestling   Abbeville Wrestling Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Abbeville Wrestling
Page 1 of 1