A-AA Message Board
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A-AA Message Board

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
guest1

The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Empty
PostSubject: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 3:17

A quick look through the Carolina Invit brackets showed some 1A-2A Middle School kids representing:

92 lbs - Evan Calliham, Ninety-Six - 2nd
97 lbs - Taylor Pendleton, Indianland - 4th
102 lbs - Cody Pirkle, Ware Shoals - Champion
102 lbs - Luke Curtis, Chesterfield - 3rd
102 lbs - Zeb Polston, Buford - 4th
107 lbs - Jasper Prestegui, Palmetto - Champion
107 lbs - Devin Curtsinger, Indianland - 3rd
112 lbs - Brady Whiteside, Palmetto - Champion
152 lbs - TJ Stone, Palmetto - 3rd
162 lbs - Davis Nix, Walhalla - Champion
162 lbs - Christian Garcia, Woodruff - 2nd
172 lbs - Dinotry Gibbons, Marion - Champion
187 lbs - Isaiah Whiteside, Hanahan - 4th
287 lbs - Gage Cervenka, Emerald - Champion

I may have missed some. Someone add them if I did. Way to go guys!!

How about the Palmetto youngsters placing 4th out of all classes. Palmetto looks to be a force in 2A for some time to come!
Back to top Go down
guest1

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 3:40

1A-2A does not have a single JV placer I could see. I guess that is because 1A-2A teams are not deep enough to have quality backups. If they are good enough to place in JV at Carolina Invitational they are starting for most 1A-2A teams. That is the only reason I could come up with for why 1A-2A middle school kids did so well, but no representation in JV?
Back to top Go down
fox fan

PostSubject: future   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 4:16

Future looks bright for Marion. They lost to Edisto today 37-36 giving up 18 pts in forfeits and starting an female at 189 with no seniors in the line-up. Entire team coming back with a M.S State CHAMP at 171.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 12:28

Congrats to Emerald's Gage Cervenka for winning a state title at HWT. The youngster is only 12 years old and in the 7th grade and has many more titles to work for. Keep up the hard work!
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 12:30

dont forget....1A and 2A had playoffs. Not sure about other teams but Chesterfield had to keep their JV's at hom for dual match scenarios.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
guest1

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 14:40

Very good point LSO. Did not think about that. Makes much more sense now.
Back to top Go down
Muddleme

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeSun 7 Feb - 23:02

I viewing the matches during the playoff, how many of the JV wrestlers sniffed the mat. From other post it appears Chesterfield did not have to keep these kids as they forfieted in apparent every match. I understand the fact that you may need one or two in case of something, but Chesterfield had 7 JV qualifiers. Did not see but one of the qualifiers at the tournament. Question
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 0:08

a good problem to have...jv wrestlers on hand if you need them....having the luxury of not needing them and using multiple forfeits and still winning....priceless.
Back to top Go down
cjs53

cjs53

Number of posts : 286
Registration date : 2010-01-06

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 0:17

muddleme, I am not from chesterfield, but I do know a good bit about their program seeing as how we have wrestled for state against each other the past two years. My understanding is that Coach Gainey and his assistants are coaching Varsity, JV, and MS this year. Since they had to reschedule the Carolina Invitational they would have been unable to attend since Coach Gainey would be occupied with the upperstate duals tournament. This is the reason that our (Bamberg-Ehrhardt) two JV kids did not wrestle this weekend.

C.Slaughter
Bamberg-Ehrhardt
Back to top Go down
matslap3

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 4:12

Abbeville also had 2 freshman light weights and 1 sophomore middle weight that qualified but did not get to attend either due to the 2nd round of playoffs. Great job for the 1a and 2a guys that did get to attend.
Back to top Go down
LSO

LSO

Number of posts : 240
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitimeMon 8 Feb - 21:42

Muddleme, I am not known for a lot of things, but I take pride in that many claim that I am a matchup expert. Now, if you think you are wiser than I then you understand why keeping your JV kids at home to prevent a team from bumping away from Ian, or Elijah, or Crowley. The last thing you need is a team forfeiting to your all your guns.
Back to top Go down
http://www.newsite.sc2awrestling.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.   The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The future of 1A-2A - Carolina Invit.
Page 1 of 1